Aliexpress more unrealiabe, more scammer seller. Beware !!!

Posted 4th Dec
Hi Guys,

I just want to share my experience. I found more and more seller in Aliexpress are dishonest.

1.) They will message you to pay additional shipping, they will said your address is remote area, etc.
2.) If you don't want to pay, they will ask you to cancel the order by doing their favour
by selecting the reason "other reason " or “the buyer don't want it "?
3.) If you already request cancellation, and not paying. They marked it as shipped, with putting tracking number, but this is NOT to your house. It's all fake tracking number, I think for other customer. I have three items marked as received, but it's all going into three different UK town/cities. And all has been received. I tracked them in the Royal Mail tracking.
4.) I raised disputed, one of the seller asked to close the dispute and refund through Paypal. But look at this
paypal-community.com/t5/…235
Maybe it's time to stop buying from Aliexpress.
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
13 Comments
I had an order cancelled by AliExpress after the seller hadn't dispatched within 3 days. Took two weeks for the money to come back on my card. It's like giving them an interest free loan. If you have a problem with an order they make you jump through hoops and still find in the sellers favour. Refused me a refund as I couldn't take a photo of a router being really slow, wouldn't accept a screen shot of a speed test. You have little or no warranty with these people. I'd only use them now for cheap items where you can afford to loose the money.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 4th Dec
Thanks for the warning. Although I genuinely believe that lots of purchasers do receive what they have bought, it does leave a bitter taste when something does go wrong and you become the looser through no fault of your own. What a world we live in.
Watch out for ebay too, I heard scammers operate on that platform as well.
Edited by: "mogsog" 4th Dec
What really annoying me is they put other people tracking number, and that tracking number is really received by other people in the UK. Can you imagine, if you are unlucky enough that tracking number is in your city/town as well.

And they offered me to refund by PayPal, just like that PayPal community thread. So they "could" charge back through PayPal.
OP, LIST.

The "tracking" from Ali express (standard tracking) is not realistic, it is an "estimation" of where your goods are if you look into the finer details of the site.

Only buy cheap stuff you don't mind having to re-order again because the sellers are less than reputable (with their subsidised postal costs).
Also just go straight to live chat (you will be presented with auto chat algorithm initially) & moan your backside off.
Get the human chat to send a copy of the chat to you, keep it safe, because they talk porkies too! "full refund my eye" ..you may need to shame them into doing the right thing.

Also use google translate to SEND messages to sellers in simplified chinese for best chance of being understood by both Ebay & ali sellers.

The phrase "bad egg" (in chinese to the chinese) is a good simple minor insult with when telling them they suck.
I bought a cctv camera on eBay from a high feedback seller and it was faulty. I then bought the same item on AliExpress £10 cheaper and it worked perfectly.

I have bought other items from them and not had any problems apart from slow delivery which is to be expected from China.

eBay on the other hand I’ve had no end of issues with and have pretty much stopped using it.
Bought several items from them and just had one small value item not to show up and got a refund without a problems.

To say that Ali express in general is not a good markeplace is an unfair statement
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 4th Dec
Thanks for heads up not used Ali express myself but have used gearbest and they are the worst to deal with if it's faulty product. They keep asking for pictures, which I send, then they ask for more which I send, then they ask for more and more and more. there's no end, it was a Bluetooth body fat scale and to get a picture when it doesn't function is time consuming. Never again.

Is no 4 you? On the PayPal ? The refund should have come through the original payment you made, not an additional one. That's why they were able to do this.
A bit of a long one, but it might be helpful to anyone in this situation.

I'm going through the same right now, but I think I may have defeated my scammer. My timeline goes a bit like this.
* I ordered some dog toys, and got a message asking for more money for postage. I ignored it.
* The package was marked as dispatched, with tracking. Tracking said it was delivered to Stoke Newington in London, nowhere near where I live. I emailed the seller, who ignored me.
* Ali Express closed the order, because it showed as delivered. I used Live Chat to appeal, and they said they would only reopen the order for me to start a dispute if I had a letter from Royal Mail to confirm the tracking went to Stoke Newington.
* I emailed Royal Mail, who produced an email which stated that the delivery address (They did not release this) on the tracking was not my home address, and as such the tracking number was false or incorrect.
* I went back to Ali Express, who reopened the order and opened a dispute for me. I uploaded all my evidence from RM's tracking page, the initial email asking for more money, and the RM email stating the tracking number was false.

The seller is now quite communicative, and literally begging me to close the dispute. I get the impression that Ali Express come down hard on dodgy sellers, and they're worried about the repercussions. I have selected "Reject seller's proposal", and now I wait for the appeal to automatically close in my favour in a couple of weeks.

Lessons learned? Check the seller's feedback (I didn't, so more fool me), and stick to the official channels for payment and communication to stay safe. I've always found their customer service people will back me up, as long as I've played by the rules, even if the seller hasn't. Good luck!
MR112304/12/2019 16:53

Thanks for heads up not used Ali express myself but have used gearbest and …Thanks for heads up not used Ali express myself but have used gearbest and they are the worst to deal with if it's faulty product. They keep asking for pictures, which I send, then they ask for more which I send, then they ask for more and more and more. there's no end, it was a Bluetooth body fat scale and to get a picture when it doesn't function is time consuming. Never again. Is no 4 you? On the PayPal ? The refund should have come through the original payment you made, not an additional one. That's why they were able to do this.

No 4 on PayPal wasn't me. But look at the discussion over there. So the seller trying to refund you by PayPal, and then they raised the dispute there is no service, then charge back the money to you.

It seem this is very common situation in Aliexpress. They didn't send you the item, and used other tracking number. This is happened not only in UK. I saw it in AliExpress facebook group. Once the item is tracked delivered, but you didn't received it. Because it's other people tracking number. You should raised dispute as soon as possible.

Now the seller begging me to give PayPal account and close the dispute. I will not close the dispute. I don't want them paying through PayPal and then charge back it again.

The funny story, this seller seem has other store front. Because the wording is copy and paste. I got communication with two dodgy seller with same message.

The seller ignored my request to cancel the order, because I put "Seller raised the price", and then they put fake tracking number.
Edited by: "be2st" 19 h, 11 m ago
mogsog04/12/2019 11:47

Watch out for ebay too, I heard scammers operate on that platform as well.

The scammer on Ebay that I knew was the price was too good to be true. They will never send the item. And you need to wait until you can dispute through PayPal.
Only ever had good experiences with Aliexpress. Been refunded on a few occasions.
be2st05/12/2019 16:28

The scammer on Ebay that I knew was the price was too good to be true. …The scammer on Ebay that I knew was the price was too good to be true. They will never send the item. And you need to wait until you can dispute through PayPal.

It's almost as if auction and shop sites like ebay and aliexpress which are comprised of private sellers have a small subsection of dishonest people.

Like in real life! Watch out everyone.
Edited by: "mogsog" 17 h, 57 m ago
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants