Aliexpress Order Closed, Now bank verification

Found 29th Aug 2017
Ordered phone off aliexpress and order was marked as "Order Closed" due to coupon vilation. I only used the new order 4 dollar off. So i placed order again today after chatting to someone on the help facility (who didnt add anything why it was canceled). again it was declined but now narked as "Awaiting Appeal". I now have to submit pictures off:
Identity Certificate: Identity Card, Driver License, Passport, etc.
and
Transaction source documents: At least one set of payment card and the bank statement.

Anyone else have these problems?
thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Sounds well dodgy , even for Ali Express . Cut and run and follow the advice of- never buy anything remotely expensive from a Chinese seller.

I think with that info they are asking for they could easily empty your bank accounts and steal your identity for all sorts of nefarious purposes , Are you sure its the real Ali Express you are dealing with?(not a fake internet clone site ) ? I know they are useless for warranty or returns - but never thought they were criminal
Edited by: "rogparki" 29th Aug 2017
rogparki10 m ago

Sounds well dodgy , even for Ali Express . Cut and run and follow the …Sounds well dodgy , even for Ali Express . Cut and run and follow the advice of- never buy anything remotely expensive from a Chinese seller.I think with that info they are asking for they could easily empty your bank accounts and steal your identity for all sorts of nefarious purposes , Are you sure its the real Ali Express you are dealing with?(not a fake internet clone site ) ? I know they are useless for warranty or returns - but never thought they were criminal

They're the biggest retailer in the world, even beating Amazon, they're not trying to steal £2 out of someone's bank. Warranty is with the seller but the main support is pretty good. Personally I'd not send the info to any retailer even UK based like amazon. But I've spent thousands on Aliexpress with no issue.
Not trying to start yet another discussion on the pitfalls of buying from Chinese sellers - I just don't believe any legit retailer would need the documents listed by the OP. Hence is it the real Ali Express site or an internet clone site ?
I've been asked from Vodafone to see my documents, little did I know they were making photocopies, it seemed odd for an accessory purchase, but was confirmed when I reached their twitter. And when I searched the Internet it seemed very few people have been asked.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions