AliExpress order in country

Found 3rd Jul
So, I've ordered an item from AliExpress, had an email 10 days or so to say the item was In transit at destination country / Shipment with local shipping company. Its a mobile phone. Typically when should I expect to receive the item. Does the fact that it been in the UK for over a week and I've not had it yet mean perhaps that customs have it ?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Majority of the items I bought from China arrive within 2-3 weeks.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 3rd Jul
Was it a Redmi phone? I bought one in June and it took a week and a half to clear customs. You should probably expect to receive a card from Royal Mail soon requesting you pay a customs charge
Edited by: "thenormalone" 3rd Jul
Destination country is probably Germany or NL and you wait a couple of weeks after that. Typlical delivery is 4 - 8 weeks total
Aliexpress is a marketplace like ebay, so we can't even guess which delivery company is being used as the individual sellers can choose.
thenormalone5 h, 54 m ago

Was it a Redmi phone? I bought one in June and it took a week and a half …Was it a Redmi phone? I bought one in June and it took a week and a half to clear customs. You should probably expect to receive a card from Royal Mail soon requesting you pay a customs charge

I actually didn't get any custom charge when I bought my phone
I'd say a week max usually but I've had cases where it's up to a month.
Just checked the tracking and it says that a delivery attempt was made this morning, my wife was home and my cctv shows no delivery at the time they claim and no card though door either.
TylerDurdenUK30 m ago

Just checked the tracking and it says that a delivery attempt was made …Just checked the tracking and it says that a delivery attempt was made this morning, my wife was home and my cctv shows no delivery at the time they claim and no card though door either.

Someone reported the same in the Redmi Note 5 thread and they had the card the following day to pay customs
And we had the card today with a £14 fee to be paid.
TylerDurdenUK3rd Jul

Just checked the tracking and it says that a delivery attempt was made …Just checked the tracking and it says that a delivery attempt was made this morning, my wife was home and my cctv shows no delivery at the time they claim and no card though door either.

The RM tracking said the same for me, failed delivery, no card yet but guarantee I'll need to go pay to release it! Might go done there Monday and get it over with. Oh well, first customs sting for me! Still dirt cheap Vs other sellers
Mine was marked on the package as a cell phone value $45
Mine never left Heathrow according to the tracking, so I got a refund.

It then arrived the day after but is still apparently at Heathrow months later.

It was a redmi from aliexpress, came via royal mail with no charges.
EndlessWaves3rd Jul

Aliexpress is a marketplace like ebay, so we can't even guess which …Aliexpress is a marketplace like ebay, so we can't even guess which delivery company is being used as the individual sellers can choose.

I use the 17track app for android for my aliexpress purchases play.google.com/sto…app its pretty good at matching the number to the carrier and finding any tracking info. Bought a tachometer Thursday before last and received it on the Tuesday, 5 days all in I was very impressed by that ones speed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants