Aliexpress - To be trusted?

Found 18th Oct 2017
Hi All, Seen something on Aliexpress for $160, shipped from America....Standard shipping (free) which will take up to 40 days to arrive.

Can I trust my purchase is legit? Or am I venturing into dodgy eBay territory?...

The same item has increased in price via Amazon significantly :0(

Hope my fellow esteemed hukders can share some sound wisdom on Aliexpress :0)

Thanks for your help in advance :0)

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Original Poster

Or do I wait for Black Friday???....

Yes you can.....but if it goes wrong expect to be offered $2 off your next purchase

As for Black Friday....only you can answer whether you need the item in Oct or Nov & it might not even come down in price.

I personally completely ignore BF

Steer clear, same with gearbest. Those sites get rammed down your throat here

Gollywood2 h, 32 m ago

Yes you can.....but if it goes wrong expect to be offered $2 off your next …Yes you can.....but if it goes wrong expect to be offered $2 off your next purchaseAs for Black Friday....only you can answer whether you need the item in Oct or Nov & it might not even come down in price.I personally completely ignore BF

I've never had any issues so no experience of such. Are you saying that the escrow is only a facade and your payment will go to the merchant regardless of whether you received your purchase?

benjammin3162 h, 1 m ago

Steer clear, same with gearbest. Those sites get rammed down your throat …Steer clear, same with gearbest. Those sites get rammed down your throat here

I'm sure you could sue them for consistently providing good offers.

Original Poster

The seller is an official seller of the product I want......I know reviews can be faked but things also look good there.....hoping I don't get stung by large import costs....but don't mind a small fee as always looking to donate to the May fashion fund....But really do not want to experience one of those import duty horror stories.....Thanks also for all the sound feedback so far
Edited by: "sxxychocolate" 19th Oct 2017

sxxychocolate25 m ago

The seller is an official seller of the product I want......I know reviews …The seller is an official seller of the product I want......I know reviews can be faked but things also look good there.....hoping I don't get stung by large import costs....but don't mind a small fee as always looking to donate to the May fashion fund....But really do not want to experience one of those import duty horror stories.....Thanks also for all the sound feedback so far

make sure you read the below, its about china but buying from the US has the same custom fees

moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ess

sxxychocolate32 m ago

The seller is an official seller of the product I want......I know reviews …The seller is an official seller of the product I want......I know reviews can be faked but things also look good there.....hoping I don't get stung by large import costs....but don't mind a small fee as always looking to donate to the May fashion fund....But really do not want to experience one of those import duty horror stories.....Thanks also for all the sound feedback so far

If your item gets caught for VAT (as it's over £15) you'll be charged 20% of the total cost as well as an admin fee - DHL charge £11. Shipments bu DHL appear to have the greatest risk of being charged VAT - taking the standard no frills shipping option appears to be the best chance of avoiding any additional charges.

Never used Aliexpress so can't comment on them but have purchased from both Gearbest and Banggood and had excellent service from both. Just had an item I purchased from Banggood fail after a couple of weeks and I was refunded immediately. They have also followed up a review that I wrote for another product - impressive customer services!
Edited by: "Van1973" 19th Oct 2017

I've placed hundreds of orders from aliexpress and spent thousands on there, always been great. I'll continue to use them with no hesitation. Most stuff comes from China not the US though.

It's a marketplace so ultimately make sure you use a well reviewed seller. I will say that anytime I've had an issue such as the item not arriving or a fake memory card then whenever the seller wasn't helpful aliexpress support stepped in and refunded me without issue every time (~10 out of hundreds of orders).

They're the biggest retail platform in the world, larger amazon...
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 19th Oct 2017

Original Poster

Thanks for the brill advice.....going to go for it.....just waiting for the seller to get back to me as I had a question....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants