aliexpress trustworthiness? Xiaomi china ROM?

3 replies
Found 30th Sep 2016
So im looking to buy the new mi5s or similar, and so far aliexpress seem like the only site that doesnt have a 150 premium on the chinese price. However, i had 2 questions.
1. are aliexpress trustworthy in terms of purchase? what are peoples experiences, especially for mobiles.. heard too many horror stories..
2. is it easy to put the global rom onto the device, if it comes with the chinese version on it? and are these reliable?

3 Comments

Aliexpress is a marketplace like ebay, the trustworthiness depends on the seller you chose. They are pretty good at resolving disputes though.

It's easy enough to flash a global rom but that won't be released until the device is for sale somewhere other than China which may be a few months away. The xiaomi.eu rom will be out sooner and tends to be more popular than the global rom anyway, you'll need to unlock the bootloader for that though.

Been pretty reliable for me so far, most orders taking around 2 weeks, I'm still waiting for one order though, It's been 1 and half months but will open a dispute if it doesn't turn up by the date listed.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 30th Sep 2016

Just a tip, don't have anything send DHL or the like, you'll be hit for customs changes. Have everything sent post. The buyers tend to write something like 'MP3 player. $30' on the customs slip so unless you're very unlucky and the customs open it you'll avoid any extra costs.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98198
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769468
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247628
    4. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …22

See more discussions