Alitalia to go next - 'Can not guarentee flights after tomorrow' - lack of fuel.

7 Comments

Original Poster

news.sky.com/sky…uel.

Italian airline Alitalia may not be able to fly after Sunday because it is running out of fuel.

It follows a dispute with trade unions which the airline says has cost it a £750m rescue package.
The warning about Alitalia has come from special administrator Augusto Fantozzi.
"Up to tomorrow we have guaranteed flights, but not on Monday because no-one will supply us with kerosene," he is quoted as saying.
He was speaking after summoning the nine unions involved in the row for last-ditch talks.
Unless an agreement is reached he also warned he would have to begin dismissing aircraft crews.
Investors had been prepared to put up three quarters of a billion pounds to keep Alitalia flying.
But they pulled out of the deal on Friday blaming union intransigence.
]The situation comes after tens of thousands of air travellers were stranded by the collapse of tour operator XL.

Life is not gonna be worth living :roll:

Alitalia have been a risk for a long time - weren't they bailed out a couple of years ago..?

Banned

dontdothatagain;2962271

Life is not gonna be worth living :roll:

Life as we know it is coming to an end!:thumbsup:

Go on a cruise at least you wont be stranded cos your living on your transport.;-)

To be honest I am surprised, for carrying the flag for the county they were not cheap at all. Must be all those inflated wages for the fat cats:whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions