Groups
    EXPIRED

ALL british airspace open from 2200 hours!

So the crisis is over? they have changed their "tolerance levels"

More ash now than there was before yet everyone can fly now? money talks!

17 Comments

here's hoping none of them drop out of the Sky then

SuperEd

they might close it again though as a 'new' cloud of ash is heading our way

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8415457

they might close it again though as a 'new' cloud of ash is heading our … they might close it again though as a 'new' cloud of ash is heading our way

it seems not tho-according to bbc news right now,airlines must conduct their "own risk assessments" and its up to them whether they fly or not now,and you can bet your life that they will. This all seems very strange-mandelson and the transport minister have a meeting with all the uk airline companies and all of a sudden its back to normal? call me a cynic but this is cash before safety methinks!

If one plane crashes,it will not only be a major tragedy,but it will be the final nail in gordon browns coffin.

SuperEd

bloody ell ''cash b4 crash'' can see that in the papers tomorrow!

so would you get on a plane right now?? i wouldnt!

loupomm;8415563

Other half said the same thing, but I reckon a lot of people won't have the choice but to get on or probably pay for another fare.

Original Poster

loupomm;8415563

nope-neither would I.

you lot are all monkeys and i mean monkeys. they closed the airspace so aliens can land. this will clearly lead to alien breedings.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51E1WSTK38L._AA280_.jpg

As much money as they are losing there is no way the airlines will risk passenger safety and loss of an airplane without being absolutely certain the time is right.

Original Poster

greg_68;8415603

As much money as they are losing there is no way the airlines will risk … As much money as they are losing there is no way the airlines will risk passenger safety and loss of an airplane without being absolutely certain the time is right.

but seriously-how can anyone be CERTAIN?? endless conflicting scientific evidence,so who can know?

loupomm:

nope-neither would I.

nor me

i certainly wouldn't wanna be on a plain tomorrow..

Banned

Its not as if the last plane to fly into an ash cloud crashed after losing all 4 engines, it only fell 30,000ft before being restarted, what is there to worry about :thinking:

I was listening to a report today that said the ash particles could not be detected with normal onboard instruments and as such pilots were having to make judgements based on visual clues. Would have thought that at least restricted flights to daylight hours if at all at the moment.

Im due to go on my Holiday end of week and im not happy if they are going to make me fly even though ash is still floating around....i already hate flying this will end up giving me a heart attack lol

They want offer me a refund until they know for sure i cant fly , if the airline states its safe to fly then i must go on it or lose my money.

I dont care about my Holiday being cancelled , our lifes are more important then going on some Holiday

dcx_badass;8416370

I await the first engine failures. Obviously just pressure for money.This … I await the first engine failures. Obviously just pressure for money.This says it all:1832 BA tells the BBC it still plans to land more than a dozen long-haul flights that are currently en route at Heathrow, despite the fact airspace over southern England remains closed. It is unclear what conversations have been taking place between BA and Nats.

I'm guessing the conversations were pretty much about this "The airline industry says it has been losing more than $200m a day (£130m; 150m euros), since the turmoil began last week." instead of whether they can be 100% sure the ash doesn't pose any risk at all....

lastlaststar;8415771

i certainly wouldn't wanna be on a plain tomorrow..

Why not? With an avatar of a Zebra
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bearded chat1326
      2. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.811
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563844
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455

See more discussions