Found 6th Jun 2011
Can't access any google related site, including google.com, google.co.uk, youtube.com etc.

Wondering if it's the Sky broadband DNS servers or Google's been hacked?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Nothing wrong with google or youtube here.

Either your ISP or your computer.

Sloth/Mod

I'm with Sky and they are all working for me.

OK for me, try this
Edited by: "Carley" 6th Jun 2011

Original Poster

Carley

OK for me, try this

Lol that site is down too (for me anyway).
Edited by: "anewman" 6th Jun 2011

its not down, its just you

anewman

Lol that site is down too (for me anyway).

lol, try this one instead

Original Poster

Carley

lol, try this one instead

That one too, router reboot time I think.

Back after reboot and all still down. Sky in their infinite wisdom will not let me specify custom DNS servers on their router.

Specified OpenDns dns servers in my internet configuration and all back.

Edited by: "anewman" 6th Jun 2011

Mine is down as well mate, Im in cardiff and google wont work.

Original Poster

canada16

Mine is down as well mate, Im in cardiff and google wont work.

I'm in Newport so must be related.

If you can configure your PC/internet router to use the OpenDNS servers opendns.org/

Sloth/Mod

Sky just tweeted this so must be something their end in your area:

There are no known issues with our Broadband service but due to the … There are no known issues with our Broadband service but due to the amount of posts we will investigate and update you as soon as possible.

Original Poster

Couldn't find their twitter account?

Sloth/Mod

anewman

Couldn't find their twitter account?

Follow @skyhd

anewman

I'm in Newport so must be related.If you can configure your PC/internet … I'm in Newport so must be related.If you can configure your PC/internet router to use the OpenDNS servers http://opendns.org/208.67.222.222208.67.220.220

This for me too this morning (Newport area). Haven't had time to look for a solution yet, so just switched to 3G usage on the mobile.

Broadband services are down in many parts of the country I have not yet found out why, except BT did a national upgrade overnight. My service disappeared at 6:30 am. At least I have my phone

My boss is getting the same thing. Just with email and google. SKY broadband, and I'm on it with no problems

Banned

Just like to point out bethere.co.uk Be Broadband is working A-OK

as is o2.

Sloth/Mod

Update from Sky on twitter

Hi Everyone,Thanks for all the comments and posts regarding this issue, … Hi Everyone,Thanks for all the comments and posts regarding this issue, We are aware that a number of customers have experienced broadband connection issues this morning. Our engineers have worked hard to resolve this and most services are now restored.Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this loss of service may have caused

Edited by: "Syzable" 6th Jun 2011

Paignton area back up now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56531
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions