All In One Media Centre - Catch Up/Kodi/Netflix

Posted 18th Nov
Hey all

I'm wondering if there is a media centre box that allows you to have a simple menu with all the options available at one click of the remote control?

Currently have the PC connected to TV running Kodi as a media player, then have NowTV box which has Netflix and catch up channels on it.
I want to combine them all into one box with it's own remote control that has a home menu with all of the above available.
Media files will still be stored on main PC so Kodi can access them so storage isn't an issue.

I want the home screen to look like NowTV does or something along these lines:
3333887.jpg
Obviously with UK channels however, ITV, 4OD.

Must have a dedicated remote to free up the PC. Preferably IR so I can add it to my universal remote.

I'm thinking Raspberry Pi is the best option but want to know if this is even possible before I start. Any existing boxes which do all this and do it well?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
get a mi tv box s or if u can go more then nvidia shield. all in one.
Amazon Firestick has all catch up apps, plus Netflix in their menus and can add Kodi for your personal media.
crazydealhunter18/11/2019 08:47

Nvidea Shield don't have 4OD
bally1234518/11/2019 10:35

Amazon Firestick has all catch up apps, plus Netflix in their menus and …Amazon Firestick has all catch up apps, plus Netflix in their menus and can add Kodi for your personal media.

I couldn't easily get now TV to run, but point me in an 'easy' direction and I will be grateful
crazydealhunter18/11/2019 08:47

Thanks for the suggestions. Had a look at both, the shield is too pricey for me. The Mi looks ok but puts me off that it has no ethernet port and the remote is bluetooth (not a deal breaker but would prefer IR).
Amazon 4K stick would be my choice - interface isn't great but does the job.

Apple TV 4K as well but no Kodi however plenty of apps that offer access to local storage on NAS drives etc. Interface and picture quality is a step above from me 4K stick.

Only downside is no IR but I have a harmony hub and it works well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants