Expired

All In One Printer Help ... !!!

8 replies
Found 16th Feb 2008
Ok so i posted a few weeks ago asking if anyone had any ideas in regards to the best all in one printer i could buy. I am loking for a few more solutions and in addition to this some fresh ideas..

I understand that a lot of companys sell of the printers cheap but make their money on the inks.

I am ideally looking to spend around £50 however i am willing to pay a lttle more if i can find the right printer (not much more that £60 ideally but i am open to all suggestions)

The printer is mainly going to be used for photo printing as well as everyday tasks and maybe some work from home just printing text documents (alhough i can claim the ink costs back so its not much of a problem there)

The pixma mp210 was one possible solution as was the epson dx4400 (however this has gone up from £35 delivered to £50 at amazon)

Problem with the pixma MP210 is, due to the fact the main usage is photo printing the ink cartidges are all in one colour and not seperate colours which means (a) they dont hold as much (b) once one runs out then you have to replace the whole cartridge. Also with Canon printers it is recommended you use only Canon ink cartridges which are quite pricey in comparison to others.

The dx4400 has seperate ink cartridges although is noisy (which isnt a major problem) ... The ink isnt too pricey at £20 all in for official epson cartridges x 4 (magenta, cyan, yellow and black)

I would quite like an LCD screen so i can see what i am printing and also the ability to be able to print straight from my memory cards.

The Epson DX8400 seems like the sort of thing i am looking for (it looks like the DX4400 with an LCD screen bolted on) however is a little bit outside the price range at £70 approx delivered

any help, fresh ideas etc greatly appreciated

many thanks in advance

Steve

7 Comments

Just bought this one from PC World. It was recommend for price of printer and the ink. They are also doing a deal with the ink buy 1 get second half price.:roll:

£45

Epson Stylus DX7450 Printer, Copier & Scanner

]http//ww…222
Regards

Hayley

Hi

Have you checked the epson web site they have a few clearance items at a good price i brought one from them just before christmas ,i have always had epson because you can get the in cartridges so cheap like 3.99 upwards not like H.P. etc which cost the earth.

click on the link below it should take direct to their site

Hope this helps

buyepson.co.uk/Cat…l1=

Original Poster

mark060457;1590730

Hi Have you checked the epson web site they have a few clearance items at … Hi Have you checked the epson web site they have a few clearance items at a good price i brought one from them just before christmas ,i have always had epson because you can get the in cartridges so cheap like 3.99 upwards not like H.P. etc which cost the earth.click on the link below it should take direct to their siteHope this helpshttp://www.buyepson.co.uk/Catalog/BrowseProduct.aspx?Cat=Clearance%20Centre&level1=NO_CATEGORY_DISPLAYNAME_Clearance%20Centre_&level2=Clearance%20CentreheaderROOT=Clearance+Centre&level1=

just had a look - nothing too great at the moment, most of the printer on there that meet my requirements i can get for cheaper elsewhere

I will keep it in mind and keep checking though

Original Poster

gavanmooney;1590678

Just bought this one from PC World. It was recommend for price of … Just bought this one from PC World. It was recommend for price of printer and the ink. They are also doing a deal with the ink buy 1 get second half price.:roll:£45Epson Stylus DX7450 Printer, Copier & Scanner]http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadedfifjdeicflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=MultibuyRouter&routerOperation=AddToCart&update_quantities=no&clearcart=no&sku=538222RegardsHayley

thanks hayley - had looked at that, it is pretty much the same as the 8400 which i mentioned above however the 8400 has a screen (which i would really like) seems this is in the lead at the moment. Can get it delivered for £42.74 using a 5% off code at PC world ... found it for £40 elsewhere but i think the fact i can take it back to a shop if anything went wrong is a big plus ... (although the closest PC world is 20 miles away i do go there probably at least once a month if not twice)

I know you've got your eye on something else now but I was at Tesco earlier today and noticed they had the DX4400 for £40.
Don't know who said it is noisy but my mate has one and it doesn't seem to be any noisier than any other printer I've ...err.... listened to.:-D
Wonder why Currys and Amazon have put the price back up??.
Anyway, it's still a decent option at £40:thumbsup:

Original Poster

yipykayay;1593593

I know you've got your eye on something else now but I was at Tesco … I know you've got your eye on something else now but I was at Tesco earlier today and noticed they had the DX4400 for £40.Don't know who said it is noisy but my mate has one and it doesn't seem to be any noisier than any other printer I've ...err.... listened to.:-DWonder why Currys and Amazon have put the price back up??.Anyway, it's still a decent option at £40:thumbsup:

thanks for that - a big tesco nearby - i might go and have a look tomorrow, see what it looks like etc. The 7400 is the next one up and i can get it delivered for a similar price ...

thanks for keeping an eye out for me

theres a few dx8400 on ebay-think i saw one for 54 pounds
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51456
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions