All inclusive holiday advice

Found 23rd Jan
Hi All,

I would like to throw this question out here as I have never delved into buying an all inclusive holiday package.

Is there an overall preferred website to search for the right deal? I can google all day long but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction of value and reliability. Am I in the right place using sites similar to Holiday Pirates and Expedia? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments
it depends on the location and tour operator

as most of are going to be package deals from tour operators rather than part packages put together by third parties, you might do better going direct

eg firstchoice have a sale one, or thomas cook
On the beach short haul first choice long haul
Original Poster
Ideally for the trip it would be 7 - 14 days, the planning is pretty open apart from that. Being All-Inclusive I would be a little less worried about location and am focusing more on facilities and quality.

Thanks, looking at First Choice and On The Beach as I haven't browsed them yet!
Sharp76 m ago

Ideally for the trip it would be 7 - 14 days, the planning is pretty open …Ideally for the trip it would be 7 - 14 days, the planning is pretty open apart from that. Being All-Inclusive I would be a little less worried about location and am focusing more on facilities and quality.Thanks, looking at First Choice and On The Beach as I haven't browsed them yet!

I have quite often found the further afield you go the better for all inclusive, Europe tends to be basic or expensive for what you get with poor quality spirits and food. However Mexico was fantastic named brands and very good food. Lanzarote was lower quality in both the food and alcohol choice and Majorca was worse again.

all hotel dependant though I’m sure if you pick the right one it’ll be fine, any of the UK your operators are usually fairly competitive.
In all honesty it's called legwork. My normal go to places, TUI,Jet2holidays,Thomascook,Easyjetholidays, Alpharooms, Travelrepublic. Example that among the plethora of offers across each sites at present the resort I was looking for (and same hotel it ended up) was up to almost double the price across the different sites. Jet2 was £2100, Thomascook £3000 (odds) and TUI was £3900 (odds). Then once I've settled I look around for further codes or cashback. To flip that around if it had of been SC I was going for TUI was cheaper along with Alpharooms. Also worth noting on the likes of Alpharooms you can see all the available room types unlike most of the major tour firms, you can end up with a much larger room for not much more sometimes. Remember once booking a 4 bedroom villa for two of us just because, well we could and it was at total of £11 more than a 1 bedroom lol.

Also if you are looking to get out and about, pay close attention to where the hotel is as quite often you can find AI hotels on the outskirts of resorts. It really is worth while factoring in the cost of taxis you may end up paying each day etc (unless you renting a car and then not bothered).
All inclusive is great if you want something easy, but if you like to try different foods etc, they will not be for you. I've booked bits separately for an all inclusive because the dates fitted with other family members coming from other areas , but for ease just go for a package. There are pros and cons on both sides. It really depends on the type of holiday you are after. There are some companies who will also show you prices for different board options from b&b to all inclusive for you to decide between. Done this with jet2.
Original Poster
I have to admit Dannyrobbo I do agree I feel the level of holiday we're after from searching seems to be beyond the standard most of Europe offers.

Looks like the best plan of action is to find the hotel and then compare as cecilmcroberts describes and as much as I favour a holiday to explore the Mrs is after a good portion of R&R and simplicity.

Going to be tough as it looks like I got to extend the budget a bit, thanks for all the replies there's a lot of detail
Normally stick to tui or Thomas cook, but do always check if it's cheaper elsewhere.

Always always check the reviews of the hotel, every place has a different definition of all inclusive. Some separate paid bars, restaurants, etc or even different levels of all inclusive.
Booked our AI through First Choice this year , for the last six years we have found the big players ( TUI, First Choice , Thomas Cook ) to be cheaper for the packages we wanted rather than paying seperately . There is also less hassle if things go wrong . TUI and First Choice are fairly much the same company but have slightly different prices . There have been discount codes of £100 to £150 off their holidays so far this year , but dont forget topcashback or similar , we got another £90 back there too.
Tried it once with Tui never again.

It seemed to attract lots of people who "wanted to get their monies worth" and would have a can of beer in their hand from 8am til midnight and gorge themselves like Mr creosote at every meal.

Combined with a pushy Tui Rep, who advised all guests that it was far too dangerous to leave the complex except on one of their overpriced trips. and some hyper active events co-ordinator type dude who constantly harassed guests to have "fun".

We put up with it for about 4 days, until I managed to negotiate a room at the sister hotel next door that wasn't AI. Which was so much better.
DKLS48 m ago

Tried it once with Tui never again.It seemed to attract lots of people who …Tried it once with Tui never again.It seemed to attract lots of people who "wanted to get their monies worth" and would have a can of beer in their hand from 8am til midnight and gorge themselves like Mr creosote at every meal. Combined with a pushy Tui Rep, who advised all guests that it was far too dangerous to leave the complex except on one of their overpriced trips. and some hyper active events co-ordinator type dude who constantly harassed guests to have "fun".We put up with it for about 4 days, until I managed to negotiate a room at the sister hotel next door that wasn't AI. Which was so much better.

Completely agree, very similar mentality to people on cruises.
Jet2 holidays has always been the cheapest all inclusive tour operator I’ve travelled with.
AI worked well for me in Tunisia a few years ago.

be sure to check the t&c too
mine was 24 hours and included local spirit drinks
in cuba there were different levels, not 24 hour and you can pay a premium for branded drinks or not, I was in cuba for 3 weeks and only 1 week all inclusive, the food from local places was much better than in the hotel.

In Tunisia, the hotel food was amazing so had no worries there
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 24th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions