All iphone users.(iphones being hacked by SMS)

Banned 13 replies
Found 30th Jul 2009
Cybersecurity researchers Charlie Miller and Collin Mulliner discovered how to completely hijack any iPhone via SMS. Tomorrow (Thursday) they plan on publicize and reveal the vulnerability at the Black Hat cybersecurity conference in Las Vegas. They will be demonstrating how to send a series of SMS burst to the iPhone which will allow them to take complete control of EVERYTHNIG on the device and then propagate the attack by sending more SMS messages via the hijacked iPhone. According to Miller

Since Apple has yet to address this iPhone vulnerability even though Miller and Mulliner notified Apple over a month ago. Miller suggests that if you receive a text message on your iPhone any time after Thursday afternoon containing only a single square character you should turn the device off immediately.

This vulnerability should be heeded and patched by Apple asap (3.1 firmware anyone?). Miller knows his stuff, he was the first one to remotely hjack the iPhone in 2007 via the former bug in iPhone Safari -- old skool, as in jailbreakme.com old skool

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
13 Comments

Original Poster Banned

More info ]here and ]here

Original Poster Banned

i recoment for all those who are jailbroken to install terminal type passwd and it will prompt you for a new pass and then change it to something other than the default password of alpine

PabloInTheSky;5887204

i recoment for all those who are jailbroken to install terminal type … i recoment for all those who are jailbroken to install terminal type passwd and it will prompt you for a new pass and then change it to something other than the default password of alpine

will that really work?

Original Poster Banned

t0mm;5887365

will that really work?

prob wont stop it but will fight it off for a lil while

massmail666;5887451

the most important thing is how will they get our mobile number in order … the most important thing is how will they get our mobile number in order to send the text in the first place?

hackers find a way

massmail666;5887451

the most important thing is how will they get our mobile number in order … the most important thing is how will they get our mobile number in order to send the text in the first place?

random or thru advertising / sign ups etc

suprised apple haven't stopped this.

ah well, my insurance covers for for fraud.

massmail666;5887451

they could buy an iphone and if the number they get is 079*******01 they can assume that 079******02-03-04-05-06-07 are iphones they might not be but they could be, this was a scam i heard about the scammers calling numbers like that and prettending to be the phone shop offering insurance, taking the persons bank details and robbing their accounts

it was always only a matter of time.. :viking:

Original Poster Banned

Beefnoodlez;5887943

it was always only a matter of time.. :viking:

the iphones are under attack arm the nukes they want a war we give them war :lol: :lol: :giggle:

Banned

I'm gonna retaliate by.... doing absolutely nothing.

Don't believe the hype

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;5888048

I'm gonna retaliate by.... doing absolutely nothing.Don't believe the … I'm gonna retaliate by.... doing absolutely nothing.Don't believe the hype

very slim chance that anything will actually happen and if it does the chance that they get your number are slim to nill so when you look at it that way it seems pointkess doign anything but better to be safe rather than sorry

Banned

PabloInTheSky;5888080

very slim chance that anything will actually happen and if it does the … very slim chance that anything will actually happen and if it does the chance that they get your number are slim to nill so when you look at it that way it seems pointkess doign anything but better to be safe rather than sorry

thats your prerogative, and I accept that, was just voicing my opinion like

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;5888102

thats your prerogative, and I accept that, was just voicing my opinion … thats your prerogative, and I accept that, was just voicing my opinion like

kl kl :thumbsup: :gift:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    2. Computer upgrades67
    3. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77
    4. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?89

See more discussions