This looks like an interesting piece of kit for children.
Releasing on 21/07/2021Preorder now open.
All-new Echo Dot Kids (4th generation) | Designed for children, with parental controls | Panda/ TIger
Currently priced at £59.99
- Meet the all-new Echo Dot Kids: our most popular smart speaker with Alexa, made for children. The fun design delivers crisp vocals and balanced bass for full sound.
- Help children learn and grow: children can ask Alexa questions, set alarms and get help with their homework.
- Unlock a world of child-friendly content: the included year of Amazon Kids+ gives them access to thousands of hours of child-friendly Audible books, interactive games and educational skills. After 1 year, your subscription will automatically renew every month starting at just £1.99/month. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Easy-to-use parental controls: set daily time limits, filter explicit songs and review activity in the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
- Made for wild imaginations: children can ask Alexa to play music, read stories and call approved friends and family.
- Comes with a 2-year worry-free guarantee: if it breaks, return it and we’ll replace it for free.
- Designed to protect your family’s privacy: built with multiple layers of privacy control including a Mic Off button. You can view and delete your voice history in the Alexa app at any time, or choose not to have your voice recordings saved.
Echo Dot 4th Gens See the differences
Introducing Echo Dot Kids — An All-New Alexa Experience Purposefully Built for UK Kids
- Echo Dot Kids comes with Amazon Kids parental controls, one year family-plan subscription to Amazon Kids+, a kid-friendly Tiger or Panda design, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee
- Amazon Kids on Alexa includes parental controls and family-focused features such as Magic Word, explicit lyric filtering, disabled voice purchasing, and more
- Amazon Kids+ is now available on Alexa including access to over 170 Audible kids’ books; 10 ad-free radio stations from Fun Kids, premium Alexa kids skills from Disney, Harry Potter, Gruffalo and more
- Amazon has a longstanding commitment to preserve the trust of our customers and their families. We have strict measures in place for Echo Dot Kids, Amazon Kids and Amazon Kids+ to protect children, and provide parents with transparency and control over the experience.
Amazon Kids on Alexa—Parental Controls and Family-Focused Features – At no additional cost
Designed just for parents and kids, Amazon Kids on Alexa brings all-new Alexa features and parental controls to Echo, Echo Dot, or Echo Plus, including:
- Magic Word — The Magic Word feature offers positive reinforcement when kids use the word “please” while asking questions to Alexa.
- Educational Q&A — Kids can ask Alexa questions about science, maths, spelling, definitions, or any other topic that piques their curiosity. Since Alexa is built in the cloud and always getting smarter, Alexa will continue to learn new information every day.
- Alexa Speaks “Kid” — Alexa has age-appropriate suggestions at the ready, all kids have to say is, “Alexa, I’m bored.” Kids can also ask for knock-knock jokes, ask Alexa for a song, and more.
- Household Communications — Gone are the days of shouting up the stairs for the kids to come down to dinner. Amazon Kids on Alexa allows for household announcements, calling, messaging, and Drop In within the home.
- Block Explicit Lyrics — Automatically filter explicit lyrics from Amazon Music, Apple Music or Spotify — so children can freely listen to their favourite tunes.
- Time Limits — Set bedtime and time limits to prevent kids talking with Alexa late into the night, or simply pause Echo devices for dinner.
- Parental Controls — Use the Parent Dashboard and Alexa app to choose which services and skills kids can use, voice purchasing is automatically turned off, and more.
- Activity Review — Parent Dashboard also allows parents to see their kid’s Alexa activity, plus review their voice recordings in the Alexa app.