All-new Fire HD 10 Tablet | 10.1" 1080p Full HD display, 32 GB, Black with Special Offers £149.99 at Amazon

Posted 7th Oct
Preorder now- released on October 30th

amazon.co.uk/dp/…BQ5

Not sure whether to wait until Black Friday as the price will most likely decrease.

Finally after 2 years since the first 10 device was released a 2019 version is for sale.

Features & details

10.1” 1080p full HD display and 32 GB of internal storage (add up to 512 GB with microSD).
Now 30% faster thanks to the 2.0 GHz octa-core processor and 2 GB of RAM.
Up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos and listening to music with USB-C port for easy charging.
2 MP front- and rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording.
Hands free with Alexa.
Dual-band, enhanced Wi-Fi.
Enjoy millions of films, TV programmes, songs, books, apps and games.

Fire HD 10 is our largest display in 1080p full HD—now 30% faster thanks to the powerful 2.0 GHz octa-core processor and 2 GB of RAM. Stream films, watch videos or play games with the enhanced Wi-Fi. Enjoy downloaded content on the go with up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
2GB of RAM. A joke.
Joke of a spec for 2019.

Invest in a Huawei Mediapad M5 instead. Hopefully they'll be a BF offer on this.
39 Comments
2GB of RAM. A joke.
rustybin07/10/2019 17:11

2GB of RAM. A joke.

The last HD10 had 2GB RAM you would have thought they would have added more
Is this lighter than the current model
So the all new is actually the same old, the rehashing of the same spec year after year seems like a joke surprised anyone actually buys them
Do they have access to a official you tube app yet?
This is normal rrp should be in discussions
Joke of a spec for 2019.

Invest in a Huawei Mediapad M5 instead. Hopefully they'll be a BF offer on this.
Cuddl3s07/10/2019 17:15

So the all new is actually the same old, the rehashing of the same spec …So the all new is actually the same old, the rehashing of the same spec year after year seems like a joke surprised anyone actually buys them

Whilst I agree it's barely changed, what can you get for the same money that's specifically better? Especially for young kids?
Normal rrp hows this a deal?
They won't be selling many of these, only the mums and non techies will buy at this pricepoint.
rustybin07/10/2019 17:11

2GB of RAM. A joke.

8 core, not the old 4 core. However, at only 'up to 30% faster' the new CPU might just be 8 small A53s. And if the GPU is worse then the old one may be a better choice for some.
And like the old one, it is still a bit heavy.
Edited by: "LadyEleanor" 7th Oct
treb07/10/2019 17:48

They won't be selling many of these, only the mums and non techies will …They won't be selling many of these, only the mums and non techies will buy at this pricepoint.

Im a techie and I'll be buying it.
Enjoy the lag!!
G0rdonGekko07/10/2019 17:35

Joke of a spec for 2019. Invest in a Huawei Mediapad M5 instead. Hopefully …Joke of a spec for 2019. Invest in a Huawei Mediapad M5 instead. Hopefully they'll be a BF offer on this.

Ironically that's what I bought after returning my Fire10. They're night and day.
rustybin07/10/2019 18:20

Ironically that's what I bought after returning my Fire10. They're night …Ironically that's what I bought after returning my Fire10. They're night and day.

Does it let you put apps on an SD card or just the data?
grifo07/10/2019 18:23

Does it let you put apps on an SD card or just the data?

Think just data. My Apps take up no space so not a problem
Imagine the amount of profit they'll be making on this, on what they do sell, with that spec for that price!!! Overpriced on purpose to have a massive price drop some time soon maybe
These are great for the price. I had a 2017 model and was very impressed with it. Only sold it to get a surface pro
Each to their own and respect the decisions to buy or not to buy this! For a someone using it for basic browsing it will be fine. For what it’s worth, I bought the last version and it’s painfully slow and annoying. In the end I bought an IPad which is much better albeit more expensive on balance I would not buy another Amazon tablet.
Shame no gps and 2gb ram seems a little low. I'll pass......... maybe the next version
The biggest problem with these is the crappy, outdated OS they use - a heavily skinned version of Android. They don't come with Google services or play store (though these can be added if you are comfortable installing APKs directly.

No app tray, and homescreens full of Amazon products and ads. It's a pretty unpleasant experience in my opinion.

The Xiaomi Mi Pad or Huawei Mediapad are both far better options, though maybe slightly more expensive.
Edited by: "profet" 7th Oct
Should be half the price of this, horrendous value for money!

Would be a solid basic tablet if it was half the price - will see some big offers on this on black Friday I guess!
profet07/10/2019 20:09

The biggest problem with these is the crappy, outdated OS they use - a …The biggest problem with these is the crappy, outdated OS they use - a heavily skinned version of Android. They don't come with Google services or play store (though these can be added if you are comfortable installing APKs directly. No app tray, and homescreens full of Amazon products and ads. It's a pretty unpleasant experience in my opinion.The Xiaomi Mi Pad or Huawei Mediapad are both far better options, though maybe slightly more expensive.

Disagree brilliant tablet for the price
Can anyone tell me what the difference is "with special offers" and "without special offers" apart from the without is more money...... is it something to do with adverts???
mr_wacky_unis07/10/2019 21:01

Can anyone tell me what the difference is "with special offers" and …Can anyone tell me what the difference is "with special offers" and "without special offers" apart from the without is more money...... is it something to do with adverts???

Adverts on screen lock, can be removed check on XDA
I think a lot of people are missing the point on these...

We have 5 of the 2007 versions (wife and children) and they get more use than the nintendo 3ds, xbox and TVs all put together.

These are not tablets for work, doing your online banking or streaming acestream football feeds from. what they are is brilliant media devices. The atmos speakers are good, the screens are better than anything at the pricepoint (or were when I last looked about 9 months ago) and they link perfectly into amazons ecosystems for video streaming and purchasing, ebooks, alexa and home automation.

It takes less than 5 minutes to get the google play store (and hence youtube etc) installed.

The Mediapad M5 is over 1.5x the price of this, and the cheapest iPad is over 2x as much (although the screen resolution is slightly higher)
Edited by: "bradford_dr" 7th Oct
rob1987hughes07/10/2019 17:18

Do they have access to a official you tube app yet?

Yep, loaded it onto my Fire TV Stick over the weekend. Apparently, Amazon and Google have settled their differences.
Can someone clarify for me - is there a better spec tablet at this price, with this screen size and resolution that will display Amazon video in HD and Netflix in HD?
ahenners07/10/2019 17:41

Whilst I agree it's barely changed, what can you get for the same money …Whilst I agree it's barely changed, what can you get for the same money that's specifically better? Especially for young kids?

I'd rather have Huawei T5 with extra 50% RAM and superior back camera for the same price.
bradford_dr07/10/2019 21:50

I think a lot of people are missing the point on these...We have 5 of the …I think a lot of people are missing the point on these...We have 5 of the 2007 versions (wife and children) and they get more use than the nintendo 3ds, xbox and TVs all put together.These are not tablets for work, doing your online banking or streaming acestream football feeds from. what they are is brilliant media devices. The atmos speakers are good, the screens are better than anything at the pricepoint (or were when I last looked about 9 months ago) and they link perfectly into amazons ecosystems for video streaming and purchasing, ebooks, alexa and home automation.It takes less than 5 minutes to get the google play store (and hence youtube etc) installed.The Mediapad M5 is over 1.5x the price of this, and the cheapest iPad is over 2x as much (although the screen resolution is slightly higher)

Agreed I typically only use this to read books and sometimes watch videos, it’s cheap for a reason you literally get what you pay for and it’s not bad at all.
I'll stick with the 2017 model and install lineage OS on it instead, hoped for a bigger improvement than a slightly better processor!
Edited by: "Byno" 9th Oct
litwoojczyznomoj08/10/2019 00:02

I'd rather have Huawei T5 with extra 50% RAM and superior back camera for …I'd rather have Huawei T5 with extra 50% RAM and superior back camera for the same price.

That's actually the best shout so far for a reasonable alternative. Decent looking screen. Half the internal storage though... The only real counterpoint is that the Fire HD10 frequently hits £105-£115 on black friday / prime day - at which price point, it is truly unmatched.
bradford_dr09/10/2019 17:29

That's actually the best shout so far for a reasonable alternative. Decent …That's actually the best shout so far for a reasonable alternative. Decent looking screen. Half the internal storage though... The only real counterpoint is that the Fire HD10 frequently hits £105-£115 on black friday / prime day - at which price point, it is truly unmatched.

Actually, it's the same amount of storage if you buy from Curry's. When Amazon lowers their prices on black friday, fire will obviously be way better buy.
Lol

My 5 year old tablet has 2GB of ram

Terrible specs
Edited by: "chocci" 10th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants