All-New Fire HD 8 Plus tablet, 8" HD display, 32 GB - £109.99 @ Amazon

Posted 13th May
This item will be released on June 3, 2020.
Pre-order now.

• 8" HD display, twice the storage (32 or 64 GB of internal storage and up to 1 TB with microSD card) + 3 GB RAM.
  • Longer battery life + wireless charging—up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video and listening to music.
  • Now with USB C for easier charging. Fully charges in under 4 hours (with included cable + adaptor).
  • 30% faster thanks to the new 2.0 GHz quad-core processor.
  • Enjoy your favourite apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Disney+, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and more, as well as 3 months of free Kindle Unlimited (subscription fees may apply).
  • Introducing Game mode: a distraction-free and optimised gaming experience.
  • Do more with Alexa built-in: use just your voice to play videos, check the weather, dim lights and stream music.
  • 2 MP front- and rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording.
  • Dual-band enhanced Wi-Fi.

amazon.co.uk/dp/…V5D
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
when is prime day? again should be soon
wakkaday13/05/2020 19:48

when is prime day? again should be soon

Usually around 15th July but read somewhere it was changing this year due to coronavirus
Edited by: "TheRealJoycey" 13th May
I like the usb c charging and wireless charging. Would prefer a 10" screen though.
this seems like a good tablet, i think its a first with wireless charging - not even the ipad has that
not sure to get with the wireless dock stand or not, as you can use any qi wireless charger
DOC196813/05/2020 19:51

I like the usb c charging and wireless charging. Would prefer a 10" screen …I like the usb c charging and wireless charging. Would prefer a 10" screen though.

I think the Fire 10 with USB-C was released last year
m.ad13/05/2020 19:54

I think the Fire 10 with USB-C was released last year

I would also like it to have wireless charging option.
There's also the all New fire 8HD version aswell.
I wish they put 1080p screens on these. I've got a LG G Pad 8.3 with a 1080p screen from 100 years ago and havent found anything decent to replace it with for ~£100. Looks like I'm going to have to settle for this, unless anyone can suggest something else? Would be good to have a new OS as well, as the LG is still running on KitKat. Thats not the android version, it is an actual chocolate kitkat, that is how old it is.
Bar wireless Charging, isn't this the same as the late 2019 model?
The old ones of these weren't able to cast to a TV, is it still the case?
Looks like it will be a Lenovo M8 clone.

It is a shame Amazon stays near bottom end for its smaller two tablets, though at least it is a more modern chipset.
Edited by: "LadyEleanor" 13th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions