All-new Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen 1080p HD (optional chime £10) sold by Amazon - £89

Posted 6th Jun 2020
Good price, order now, in stock 10th June. Add a chime for £10 if you want.

• 1080p HD video doorbell with features that let you see, hear, and speak to anyone from your phone, tablet, or PC.
  • An update from the original Ring Video Doorbell, enjoy improved motion detection and crisper night vision.
  • Receive instant notifications when anyone presses your doorbell or when motion is detected.
  • Powered by the built-in rechargeable battery or connect it to your existing doorbell wires for constant power.
  • Easy installation: connect your Ring Video Doorbell to Wi-Fi through the Ring app and mount it to your wall with the included tools.
  • Pair with select Alexa-enabled devices and enable announcements to be notified when your doorbell is pressed or motion is detected.
amazon.co.uk/all…XL/
Community Updates
21 Comments
This should be a deal rather than a discussion right?
kashmemon06/06/2020 11:33

This should be a deal rather than a discussion right?

I posted it as a deal and HUKD moved it. I started to feel like I'm in N. Korea here TBH. This is the cheapest price and people will benefit of it. I don't even look in the Discussion section, people will miss on this one just because somebody makes strange decisions:

Hi sheffield788,

Thank you for your recent post "All-new Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen 1080p HD (optional chime £10) sold by Amazon". We have moved this across to our Discussions section. In an effort to improve our deal content quality we have decided that all permanent/RRP offers should only be shared in Discussions.

If you would like to discuss this please feel free to reply to this message.

Thanks!
sheffield78806/06/2020 11:35

I posted it as a deal and HUKD moved it. I started to feel like I'm in N. …I posted it as a deal and HUKD moved it. I started to feel like I'm in N. Korea here TBH. This is the cheapest price and people will benefit of it. I don't even look in the Discussion section, people will miss on this one just because somebody makes strange decisions:Hi sheffield788,Thank you for your recent post "All-new Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen 1080p HD (optional chime £10) sold by Amazon". We have moved this across to our Discussions section. In an effort to improve our deal content quality we have decided that all permanent/RRP offers should only be shared in Discussions.If you would like to discuss this please feel free to reply to this message.Thanks!

Strange decisions sometimes from HUKD. And yeah there’s really nothing we can do about them unfortunately
sheffield78806/06/2020 11:35

I posted it as a deal and HUKD moved it. I started to feel like I'm in N. …I posted it as a deal and HUKD moved it. I started to feel like I'm in N. Korea here TBH. This is the cheapest price and people will benefit of it. I don't even look in the Discussion section, people will miss on this one just because somebody makes strange decisions:Hi sheffield788,Thank you for your recent post "All-new Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen 1080p HD (optional chime £10) sold by Amazon". We have moved this across to our Discussions section. In an effort to improve our deal content quality we have decided that all permanent/RRP offers should only be shared in Discussions.If you would like to discuss this please feel free to reply to this message.Thanks!

every time a nintendo switch comes back into stock they allow it as a deal
kashmemon06/06/2020 11:38

Strange decisions sometimes from HUKD. And yeah there’s really nothing we …Strange decisions sometimes from HUKD. And yeah there’s really nothing we can do about them unfortunately

Yes, I asked them to remove it. I'm giving my time to post deals, I don't want it in discussions. They removed some of my deals from supermarkets, suggesting that was not an essential deal, however I see local deals from supermarkets for non essential deals, they force you to add postage on cheap Argos items, killing the deals, when it is very easy, you have a section for the price and one for the postage, they should allow the deal at the normal price + postage in the separate section and leave it up to the people to decide if they pay for postage or now, lots of deals should be expired, you report it as expired and the deal is still live and so on....Things used to be different in the past. I know already my reply will be taken off, I hope not, at the end of the day this is the 'discussion' section...Sadly people will miss on this deal and I will miss on other deals too, as I don't have time to look in the discussions section.

Their answer: We wouldn't remove it as it doesn't break any guidelines.

Well, lots of deals don't break guidelines either....
Edited by: "sheffield788" 6th Jun
Dannyrobbo06/06/2020 11:40

every time a nintendo switch comes back into stock they allow it as a deal

When I reported RRP non-deals they replied that temporarily during lockdown they were allowing those informational posts but wouldn't normally.

Confusing when the rules are changing or inconsistent.
it also look like you can order it with the chime even if not needed, then return the chime back for a refund of £23.44
Edited by: "mannin" 6th Jun
I'm very confused about this too - not sure why it's in discussions and not showing in deals. I know it's not in stock until 10th, but I've seen deals like that before. Also, a new very similar post for a Ring Smart Door View Cam has just appeared on deals. hotukdeals.com/dea…564. They're not the same, but the subject matter is very similar so I'd have presumed they'd both show in the same place.
adams5406/06/2020 12:04

I'm very confused about this too - not sure why it's in discussions and …I'm very confused about this too - not sure why it's in discussions and not showing in deals. I know it's not in stock until 10th, but I've seen deals like that before. Also, a new very similar post for a Ring Smart Door View Cam has just appeared on deals. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ring-smart-door-view-cam-full-hd-1080p-now-also-99-at-amazon-3479564. They're not the same, but the subject matter is very similar so I'd have presumed they'd both show in the same place.

Apparently because this is the RRP, not at a discounted price...People will miss lots of deals, I'm not looking at reduced price items, I'm looking at good deals. The RRP on this one is better than similar deals allowed on HUKD because the price was reduced. I guess if this is at Currys £100 and they will reduce it to £89, they will allow it as a deal, but the £89 from Amazon can't be a deal...
sheffield78806/06/2020 12:08

Apparently because this is the RRP, not at a discounted price...People …Apparently because this is the RRP, not at a discounted price...People will miss lots of deals, I'm not looking at reduced price items, I'm looking at good deals. The RRP on this one is better than similar deals allowed on HUKD because the price was reduced. I guess if this is at Currys £100 and they will reduce it to £89, they will allow it as a deal, but the £89 from Amazon can't be a deal...

Ooooh, is that what it is. Thanks for explaining. Ironic though really. I know the deals are slightly different, but potentially your deal at £89 would be a saving on the "deal" at £99. I'd be well miffed if I'd spent £99 then saw your post in discussions and could have saved a tenner
adams5406/06/2020 12:18

Ooooh, is that what it is. Thanks for explaining. Ironic though really. …Ooooh, is that what it is. Thanks for explaining. Ironic though really. I know the deals are slightly different, but potentially your deal at £89 would be a saving on the "deal" at £99. I'd be well miffed if I'd spent £99 then saw your post in discussions and could have saved a tenner

Exactly my point. There is no door bell deal cheaper in deals. And I don't r3ad discussion and so many of us don't.
People have different opinions, some suggesting if the price is not reduced, is not a deal. My opinion is different. A RRP from a seller may be a better deal than you get at reduced price from another seller.
Moreover, there are some new products never posted on HUKD. If they are at RRP, they can't go in deals, so people will not even know of their existence.
sheffield78806/06/2020 13:02

Exactly my point. There is no door bell deal cheaper in deals. And I don't …Exactly my point. There is no door bell deal cheaper in deals. And I don't r3ad discussion and so many of us don't.People have different opinions, some suggesting if the price is not reduced, is not a deal. My opinion is different. A RRP from a seller may be a better deal than you get at reduced price from another seller.Moreover, there are some new products never posted on HUKD. If they are at RRP, they can't go in deals, so people will not even know of their existence.

I usually search for a product primarily in deals but will then flick to discussions just to see if there is any relevant recent debate.
Consider putting the price of this item in the thread title for improved visibility/hits in searches.
AndyRoyd06/06/2020 16:09

I usually search for a product primarily in deals but will then flick to …I usually search for a product primarily in deals but will then flick to discussions just to see if there is any relevant recent debate.Consider putting the price of this item in the thread title for improved visibility/hits in searches.

Thanks. Don't even know how to change the title, I can't see any edit. I posted it as a deal, they moved it.
Edited by: "sheffield788" 6th Jun
sheffield78806/06/2020 16:13

Thanks. Don't even know how to change the title, I can't see any edit. I …Thanks. Don't even know how to change the title, I can't see any edit. I posted it as a seal, they moved it.

Removed edit facility brings an additional meaning to the concept of lockdown
How much op?,
MR112306/06/2020 20:41

How much op?,

£89. Plus £10 If you want the chime. Price was in title but mods changed it.
sheffield78806/06/2020 21:02

£89. Plus £10 If you want the chime. Price was in title but mods changed i …£89. Plus £10 If you want the chime. Price was in title but mods changed it.

Thank you
Hi all - sorry for delay in responding to some of the points raised here (and in the community support inbox). Hopefully I can cover them all but if I miss something please ask.

Why was this thread moved?

In line with our Publication Rules we consider items simply at RRP should not be considered deals. They are the standard price for which you'd have to pay to get an item.

Why have you allowed the Door View Cam in Deals?

That one here shows a reduction. It "was" £119 and is now £99.

Why have you allowed items like a RRP Nintendo Switch in Deals?

During normal times this would be in Discussions too because of our RRP publication rule. Over the past couple of months we've had to be pretty flexible with our rules on items like the Nintendo Switch which has been so hard to get hold of and there is a massive community demand for it. Due to this demand we've seen a few retailers inflating he price or putting together poorly priced bundles. So we had to make a decision on these and that was to allow the RRP listings for such an in demand item but anything over RRP (save for some extra delivery costs) we removed.

Should this thread have been improved by us when moving to Discussions?

Absolutely. The price could have gone into the title or at the very least to the top of the description. I'll pick this up with the team.
Edited by: "Jason" 8th Jun
Jason08/06/2020 10:42

Hi all - sorry for delay in responding to some of the points raised here …Hi all - sorry for delay in responding to some of the points raised here (and in the community support inbox). Hopefully I can cover them all but if I miss something please ask. Why was this thread moved?In line with our Publication Rules we consider items simply at RRP should not be considered deals. They are the standard price for which you'd have to pay to get an item. Why have you allowed the Door View Cam in Deals? That one here shows a reduction. It "was" £119 and is now £99. Why have you allowed items like a RRP Nintendo Switch in Deals? During normal times this would be in Discussions too because of our RRP publication rule. Over the past couple of months we've had to be pretty flexible with our rules on items like the Nintendo Switch which has been so hard to get hold of and there is a massive community demand for it. Due to this demand we've seen a few retailers inflating he price or putting together poorly priced bundles. So we had to make a decision on these and that was to allow the RRP listings for such an in demand item but anything over RRP (save for some extra delivery costs) we removed. Should this thread have been improved by us when moving to Discussions? Absolutely. The price could have gone into the title or at the very least to the top of the description. I'll pick this up with the team.

Thanks! I've sent a message to HUKD and was directed towards my post, however some of my questions were still not answered:

1. Over the past 24h some deals from Screwfix and Aldi (to name just a few) were posted at the RRP without a discount. Why were these allowed in Deals? I personally believe they should be in deals, as the price is good anyway, but allowing them in Deals while not allowing Amazon seems to me you're treating differently each seller.

2. I have also asked why some deals are removed because they are in store deals (Lidl for example), non essential items and HUKD does not encourage going out. I can understand this and I agree, but why there are so many other deals allowed, clearly non essential items such as tools, garden equipment, etc, Aldi is just one of the examples.

3. You are allowing in store deals, but you do not allow C&C from Argos. I wanted to post a £1.75 deal, you've put the price as £5.70 with the postage, clearly killing the deal. Why in other cases you can have in store deals, but you can't have click and collect or in store deals with Argos.

Not arguing with the rules, but why other items at standard prices are allowed in deals? I personally do not think they should go in discussions as clearly, if you read some Ring door bell comments in Deals you will see people did not have a clue there is a cheaper product, as not so many read 'discussions'. However, my view is not important, I just wonder why other products at RRP from other sellers are allowed in Deals.
sheffield78808/06/2020 11:13

Thanks! I've sent a message to HUKD and was directed towards my post, …Thanks! I've sent a message to HUKD and was directed towards my post, however some of my questions were still not answered:1. Over the past 24h some deals from Screwfix and Aldi (to name just a few) were posted at the RRP without a discount. Why were these allowed in Deals? I personally believe they should be in deals, as the price is good anyway, but allowing them in Deals while not allowing Amazon seems to me you're treating differently each seller.2. I have also asked why some deals are removed because they are in store deals (Lidl for example), non essential items and HUKD does not encourage going out. I can understand this and I agree, but why there are so many other deals allowed, clearly non essential items such as tools, garden equipment, etc, Aldi is just one of the examples.3. You are allowing in store deals, but you do not allow C&C from Argos. I wanted to post a £1.75 deal, you've put the price as £5.70 with the postage, clearly killing the deal. Why in other cases you can have in store deals, but you can't have click and collect or in store deals with Argos.Not arguing with the rules, but why other items at standard prices are allowed in deals? I personally do not think they should go in discussions as clearly, if you read some Ring door bell comments in Deals you will see people did not have a clue there is a cheaper product, as not so many read 'discussions'. However, my view is not important, I just wonder why other products at RRP from other sellers are allowed in Deals.

Thanks for the further questions.

1. If some get missed then let us know and we'll review. I think i've spotted the one from Screwfix and it has been dealt with. There was another but this had a code for buying 3 and saving 15%. As for Aldi, these are usually special buys for a limited time which generally speaking we do allow (like one week multi buys).

2. We covered a lot of this in this thread - hotukdeals.com/dis…116 As for those deals or merchants you mention for quite some time we said non-essential items found in grocery stores would not be allowed to stop people making a trip for that item (as opposed to already being there to do their groceries). Our rules changed with the times until we said that's non-essential items could be posted for grocery stores but with a warning message that there was no guarantee stock would be found instore. We're working towards 15th June right now and seeing how things go to be able to further relax what we're doing.

3. Argos is not a grocery type store and we covered that in the above thread. Some collection locations can be found in grocery stores but that is not a valid exception. You're sending people to a place where people get essentials to pick up what is likely to be a non-essential item. You'd then have to allow all other locations to be able to manage the content on site.

I know we do not always get it right. We might miss something which is RRP or make the wrong call on something which is why we rely on reports from members and then feedback on how we can improve.
Jason08/06/2020 12:05

Thanks for the further questions. 1. If some get missed then let us know …Thanks for the further questions. 1. If some get missed then let us know and we'll review. I think i've spotted the one from Screwfix and it has been dealt with. There was another but this had a code for buying 3 and saving 15%. As for Aldi, these are usually special buys for a limited time which generally speaking we do allow (like one week multi buys). 2. We covered a lot of this in this thread - https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/coronavirus-and-hotukdeals-3425116 As for those deals or merchants you mention for quite some time we said non-essential items found in grocery stores would not be allowed to stop people making a trip for that item (as opposed to already being there to do their groceries). Our rules changed with the times until we said that's non-essential items could be posted for grocery stores but with a warning message that there was no guarantee stock would be found instore. We're working towards 15th June right now and seeing how things go to be able to further relax what we're doing. 3. Argos is not a grocery type store and we covered that in the above thread. Some collection locations can be found in grocery stores but that is not a valid exception. You're sending people to a place where people get essentials to pick up what is likely to be a non-essential item. You'd then have to allow all other locations to be able to manage the content on site. I know we do not always get it right. We might miss something which is RRP or make the wrong call on something which is why we rely on reports from members and then feedback on how we can improve.

Thanks for clarifying and I guess I understand some of your arguments. However, in my opinion, moving things from deals to discussions, to me it looks like a wrong move. Only looking at these 2, the door bell and the pressure washer from Screwfix. Both these, are cheaper than any similar items in Deals. So people will miss on them. At the end of the day, this is HUK DEALS not HUK DISCOUNTS. I was interested in a pressure washer, lucky me I found the best price on the deal from Screwfix, now, if I type in search 'pressure washer', I can't find a better price. You will allow that pressure washer from a different seller reduced let's say from £100 to £90, but you will not allow the £85 one? Sorry, this does not make sense.
Anyway, your rules, but I think you should reconsider this, a RRP could be better than a discounted price and people will miss on it, particularly if it is a new product and people are not aware of its existence.
Thanks for clarifying things.
Edited by: "sheffield788" 8th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text