All these holiday and flight companies hiking prices up so people changing pay more !

Posted 23rd Apr
We had flights to tenerife in July with easyjet ,
£200 pp 7 of us .
easyjet website allow you to change with out ringing up , as less work for them .
flights go up to April 2020 , so we swapped to mid March as tenerife will be still warm then .
but no matter what date combination you put in for February, March or April it worked out between £17 and £100 pp more ! where them dates , any standard year would cost £130 pp giving us £70 pp credit !
anyway took the hit and our dates cost £150 more for the 7 of us .
but these firms are all playing it hard or hiking prices up .
We are due to go to Vegas mid September which I think will probably go ahead hopefully.
all the firms that look after customers will definitely come out of this better .
apparently TUI are offering no refunds and credit only . Its crazy .
I understand if everyone takes refunds companies can go bust , but I only want credit and they are taking advantage of people who are keeping cash in there banks .
Community Updates

Groups

19 Comments
Haven't a clue what your on about but anyone planning on going on holiday this summer is deluded.
bally1234523/04/2020 14:15

Haven't a clue what your on about but anyone planning on going on holiday …Haven't a clue what your on about but anyone planning on going on holiday this summer is deluded.

Unless you are rearranging flights or holidays at the minute you won't no what people are experiencing.
Yep our Dublin trip in May is now rearranged and so is our July trip to tenerife.
But hopefully September to vegas goes ahead , but if it doesn't we will rearrange that as well .
Prices are probably higher because those flights are already full of people who postponed their holiday. Also, if distancing is required on a flight, they may be even more expensive.
bozo00723/04/2020 16:10

Prices are probably higher because those flights are already full of …Prices are probably higher because those flights are already full of people who postponed their holiday. Also, if distancing is required on a flight, they may be even more expensive.

Not sure about that as all 7 of us have the same seats as our July flight . Also virtually 95% of seats where free with no one in them.
So flight was virtually empty bar 10 or so people, but I guess it is nearly a year away .
No offence op but booking anything right now is just crazy. 1 - flights might not even be operating next year, certainly wont this year. 2 - if they do operate prices should be cheap as chips as most people just wont want to get on a plane. 3 - airlines will go bust.
Azwipe23/04/2020 17:18

No offence op but booking anything right now is just crazy. 1 - flights …No offence op but booking anything right now is just crazy. 1 - flights might not even be operating next year, certainly wont this year. 2 - if they do operate prices should be cheap as chips as most people just wont want to get on a plane. 3 - airlines will go bust.

Not booking mate , these holidays where booked over a year ago .
Just rearranging them for next year .
Of course flights and holidays will happen next year , everything will be back up and running by August but with new rules and regulations.
If these holiday companies and airlines have to shut down for more than 6-10 months there will all 100% go bankrupt.
Same with non essential shops , restaurants and bars etc etc. They will all go into liquidation.
So at some point the economy becomes more valuable than 1.8% of lives , its horrible to say but that's facts .
Germany relaxing rules , USA saying everything will be up and running with in 6 weeks which I find hard to believe.
Trust me if these companies don't get up and running by August this will be the biggest recession of all time.
Feb / March is peak period in Tenerife

July is off season (as most go to mainland spain as its warm and closer)

So no they are not ripping you off as its always dearer in our winter
jase.223/04/2020 21:41

Feb / March is peak period in Tenerife July is off season (as most go to …Feb / March is peak period in Tenerife July is off season (as most go to mainland spain as its warm and closer) So no they are not ripping you off as its always dearer in our winter

July 26 th - August 7th is very peak children’s holiday time . Most expensive 6 weeks of the year . Been to Tenerife in Feb and March 6 times , always get flights for under £130pp . Always .
You have no chance of flying to the USA in September
chocci24/04/2020 04:24

You have no chance of flying to the USA in September

Thanks for that information,
Who advised you that ?
If it doesn't happen we lose nothing and push dates , we don't pay for hotels in vegas so we will just have move our BA flights .
But I disagree and think flights will be up and running by August.
If you read above you will see why I think this .
Spain's airport operator sent an email to their staff, summarised as:
"No opening is foreseen in May/June, perhaps domestic from July, EU flights Sep/Oct, possibly Dec for others.

On the basis that this message will have been conservative, I'd agree zero chance of flying to the US in September.
Even if it was felt as worth the risk, there won't be enough demand, which will need to build up.
So reading all above comments, most of you think travel won't get moving till 2021 ?
If that's true , well I can guarantee most of the airlines and travel will go bust .
Carnival the biggest cruise company in the world ( they own P&O UK ) have just had to put 6 ships and assets against a 6 billion loan to tie them over for 6 months , the cruise experts say they will go bang if no money comes in the 6 months .
VIRGIN ATLANTIC are 4-6 weeks from liquidation.
TUI are breaking every law and saying NO refunds in cash only credit as they haven't got the funds to pay people.
So am afraid if you guys are all correct and nothing starts up for another 6 months maybe 9 months .
Then there will not be many businesses in business come December.
I am lucky and the government are paying me around £6000 to stay at home for 3 months on the 80% self employment scheme and managed to get a nice sum from my tax return as well , but once June/July comes are the government going to keep paying me 80 % ? Not a chance .
That's why I think things will be back up and running in August as if it doesn't, expect the worse recession ever in history .
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 24th Apr
yozzman123424/04/2020 07:44

So reading all above comments, most of you think travel won't get moving …So reading all above comments, most of you think travel won't get moving till 2021 ? If that's true , well I can guarantee most of the airlines and travel will go bust .Carnival the biggest cruise company the world ( they own P&O UK ) have just had to put 6 ships and assets against a 6 billion loan to tie them over for 6 months , the cruise experts say they will go bang if you money comes in the 6 months .VIRGIN ATLANTIC are 4-6 weeks from liquidation. TUI are breaking every law and saying NO refunds in cash only credit as the haven't got the funds to pay people. So am afraid if you guys are all correct and nothing starts up for another 6 months maybe 9 months .Then there will not be many businesses in business come December. I am lucky and the government are paying me around £6000 to stay at home for 3 months on the 80% self employment scheme and managed to get a nice sum from my tax return as well , but once June/July comes are the government going to keep paying me 80 % ? Not a chance .That's why I think things will be back up and running in August as if it doesn't, expect the worse recession ever in history .

I'm in the middle.

I think there will be some flights by August but only domestic ones and then gradually increasing as confidence grows and people see their friends coming back from abroad and being fine. Flights will initially be offered at a heavy discount to lure people back in.

A lot of airlines will go bust, a lot will consolidate/merge and the strongest ones will just about hold on with their cash position to weather the storm. Until a vaccine is in operation it will be very tight margins and they will have to charge more for as long as some form of social distancing/enhanced hygiene is in place but will reduce capacity to meet demand.
And yes it will be the worst recession of the last century.
But that's a price worth paying if the alternative is literally hundreds of thousands of dead people.
yozzman123424/04/2020 07:16

Thanks for that information, Who advised you that ? If it doesn't happen …Thanks for that information, Who advised you that ? If it doesn't happen we lose nothing and push dates , we don't pay for hotels in vegas so we will just have move our BA flights .But I disagree and think flights will be up and running by August. If you read above you will see why I think this .

How many people are really going to sit on a 10+ hour flight with 300 strangers?
chocci24/04/2020 08:06

How many people are really going to sit on a 10+ hour flight with 300 …How many people are really going to sit on a 10+ hour flight with 300 strangers?

We will revisit this discussion in September.
Calaisjar24/04/2020 08:01

And yes it will be the worst recession of the last century.But that's a …And yes it will be the worst recession of the last century.But that's a price worth paying if the alternative is literally hundreds of thousands of dead people.

Look i agree lives are more important than money .
China are now up and running to full capacity and all domestic and some international flights are happening in China.
Usa are pushing to open everything up .
Some other places in Asia are just carrying on as normal.
So I think Economy and Cash will become more important in the eyes of the government than lives .
I just hope they get a vaccine pretty quick.
yozzman123424/04/2020 08:08

Look i agree lives are more important than money . China are now up and …Look i agree lives are more important than money . China are now up and running to full capacity and all domestic and some international flights are happening in China. Usa are pushing to open everything up .Some other places in Asia are just carrying on as normal. So I think Economy and Cash will become more important in the eyes of the government than lives . I just hope they get a vaccine pretty quick.

Totally agree with you buddy. Ultimately it's a balancing act. Though as a government's first job is to safeguard its citizens, we we still end up with a very bad recession, even if some lives are sacrificed to avoid a longterm depression.
yozzman123424/04/2020 08:10

We will revisit this discussion in September.

Fingers crossed you are completely right. Although we really need effective therapeutic treatments to reduce the mortality rate to the range of influenza
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions