All Things VR...

Found 17th Mar 2017
Thought I'd get a thread going with your experiences of VR, whether it's via PlayStation, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or Samsung Gear VR.

Any recommendations on games or experiences? Perhaps tips about accessories or anything else you want to share.

1. Misc
  2. VR
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. VR
22 Comments

Playstation VR

Job Simulator is so much fun, and great because it does not rely on high level graphics.

for fun The Getaway shooting galleries are just brilliant.

Edited by: "haritori" 17th Mar 2017

I've got loads but it's htc vive.
Sorry

Banned

Hopefully you won't get too many people claiming it's all a load of **** and it makes you ill, but have never actually tried it..

But on a positive note! I've got PSVR and love it. Day one purchase and absolutely no regrets. Resident Evil 7 is one of the best gaming experiences I've honestly ever had. Batman Arkham VR is also a really good game, bit short maybe, but great while it lasts. Who doesn't want to be Batman!

Also have the move controllers but not tried them yet! Will do at some point with Until Dawn: Rush of Blood which is meant to be very good.

I don't mind DriveClub VR, this and all over games don't give me motion sickness. But recently tried Dirt Rally which has now got a VR upgrade and that's probably the better driving game. But it's pretty tough!

A fad that will last as long as 3d. I'll give it 2 more years until it's canned.

Is it fun, sure for a bit. But it won't go any further.

Marcoos

Hopefully you won't get too many people claiming it's all a load of **** … Hopefully you won't get too many people claiming it's all a load of **** and it makes you ill, but have never actually tried it..But on a positive note! I've got PSVR and love it. Day one purchase and absolutely no regrets. Resident Evil 7 is one of the best gaming experiences I've honestly ever had. Batman Arkham VR is also a really good game, bit short maybe, but great while it lasts. Who doesn't want to be Batman!Also have the move controllers but not tried them yet! Will do at some point with Until Dawn: Rush of Blood which is meant to be very good. I don't mind DriveClub VR, this and all over games don't give me motion sickness. But recently tried Dirt Rally which has now got a VR upgrade and that's probably the better driving game. But it's pretty tough!

Resi would sell VR to anyone. My best VR experience to date.
Paranormal activity is meant to be excellent but they've messed up head tracking for the vive by making it locked to head, so no peeping around corners.
They say it due to the way timed moments happen.
Batman I've yet to buy as I'm hoping with the timed exclusivity it will come out on vive.
Until dawn love it and cracking value.
Just bought that 2k carnival game and I'm really enjoying that atm it was only £3.99 on steam.
I've a list as long as my arm of recommendations and it'll bore people.

Original Poster

Marcoos

Hopefully you won't get too many people claiming it's all a load of **** … Hopefully you won't get too many people claiming it's all a load of **** and it makes you ill, but have never actually tried it..But on a positive note! I've got PSVR and love it. Day one purchase and absolutely no regrets. Resident Evil 7 is one of the best gaming experiences I've honestly ever had. Batman Arkham VR is also a really good game, bit short maybe, but great while it lasts. Who doesn't want to be Batman!Also have the move controllers but not tried them yet! Will do at some point with Until Dawn: Rush of Blood which is meant to be very good. I don't mind DriveClub VR, this and all over games don't give me motion sickness. But recently tried Dirt Rally which has now got a VR upgrade and that's probably the better driving game. But it's pretty tough!

My experience, when those that say this type of thing doesn"t interest them, is that they are speechless with how good VR actually is when they get to try it out themselves.

Unless you've tried it, you simply have no comprehension of what to expect.

Every day I discover a new experience to try out, and every time even I'm a little bit gobsmacked to be honest.

The possibilities of where all this is going is anyone's guess .

Edited by: "Dilithium" 17th Mar 2017

coathanger

My experience, when those that say this type of thing doesn"t interest … My experience, when those that say this type of thing doesn"t interest them, is that they are speechless with how good VR actually is.Unless you've tried it, you simply have no comprehension of what to expect. Every day I discover a new experience to try out, and every time even I'm a little bit gobsmacked to be honest. The possibilities of where all this is going is anyone's guess .

At christmas, so many people who came to out house left wanting to buy a PS4 and The VR, literally amazed everyone who tried it.

haritori

At christmas, so many people who came to out house left wanting to buy a … At christmas, so many people who came to out house left wanting to buy a PS4 and The VR, literally amazed everyone who tried it.

Yep, same with the Vive - never had anyone whose tried and hasn't been amazed by the technology. It's not just great for gaming either, experiences in VR can be amazingly immersive - on Valve's the Lab you can wander around the top of a mountain and I've had people pinning themselves against the wall as they're worried about falling if they take a step. TheBlu (an underwater ocean experience) and Google Earth VR are also pretty cool for non-games to show off VR.

My favourite VR title is still Raw Data, a sort of bullet-fu/dual wielding gun silly fps as even though I must look a total idiot, it feels great taking the guns, switching them to full auto and hosing everything down.

John

Original Poster

One I can recommend on Samsung Gear VR is Face Your Fears without any hesitation..

It's a number of scenes whereby your phobias are tested to the limit, from spiders, to scary clowns, heights, and a new one about snakes. You'll be screaming like a baby before you get half way through in each.

this is something I'm desperate to try, only heard great things about it. got the s7 edge and was gutted it never came with that vr headset. being clueless about the whole vr thing myself, could anyone recommend something that'll work with the phone? I don't have the first clue about what is good and what would work with the phone lol I'd really appreciate it thanks
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 18th Mar 2017

STRICKIBHOY

this is something I'm desperate to try, only heard great things about it. … this is something I'm desperate to try, only heard great things about it. got the s7 edge and was gutted it never came with that vr headset. being clueless about the whole vr thing myself, could anyone recommend something that'll work with the phone? I don't have the first clue about what is good and what would work with the phone lol I'd really appreciate it thanks

Keep an eye out on ebay currys/pc world for the gear VR can be had lots cheaper.
Go for the black one.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…RCH

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…RCH
Edited by: "geebeegooner" 18th Mar 2017

Original Poster

STRICKIBHOY

this is something I'm desperate to try, only heard great things about it. … this is something I'm desperate to try, only heard great things about it. got the s7 edge and was gutted it never came with that vr headset. being clueless about the whole vr thing myself, could anyone recommend something that'll work with the phone? I don't have the first clue about what is good and what would work with the phone lol I'd really appreciate it thanks

Go and buy the Samsung Gear VR immediately. It will blow your mind how good it is, and for £60, it'll be the best purchase you'll ever make. Believe me.

Don't be tempted by the cheaper headsets though, they don't come anywhere near close to the official Samsung one.

The day you get it you'll be back on here thanking me.

coathanger

Go and buy the Samsung Gear VR immediately. It will blow your mind how … Go and buy the Samsung Gear VR immediately. It will blow your mind how good it is, and for £60, it'll be the best purchase you'll ever make. Believe me.Don't be tempted by the cheaper headsets though, they don't come anywhere near close to the official Samsung one.The day you get it you'll be back on here thanking me.

That's where my addiction started..
I went from gear VR, then bought a DK2, sold that and got a vive, then bought a psvr for £200.

On my Vive my firm favourites have been

- Keep Talking Nobody Explodes - Great party game and very simple to get into it.
- The Lab - Just sooooooo much to do and it's free
- Belko VR - it's literally a trailer for a film but it's a great little game for no cost
- Budget cuts - Another demo that hopefully will be a full release because it's great fun to play and a nice active game to enjoy.

[img]scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=3400734315e4a7f7270bab19bec6647b&oe=596C3F05[/img]

My Youngest loves I mean loves Job Simulator!

I knew you inhabited a bit of a fantasy world coathanger but I presumed you were too old for gaming.

I'm currently demonstration the VIVE @ Currys PC world - believe me, 95% of people are blown away with the technology.

It's far too early to say whether VR is a fad, several factors are currently preventing sales - price, software, visibility and first-hand experience. In my experience, I believe it's necessary to integrate VR into our mainstream media.

Imagine a virtual zoo, documentaries, live events that are all tailored for VR and specifically for high-end headsets, not just some video that's running. The education sector can really benefit with VR too.

kwanzee

I'm currently demonstration the VIVE @ Currys PC world - believe me, 95% … I'm currently demonstration the VIVE @ Currys PC world - believe me, 95% of people are blown away with the technology. It's far too early to say whether VR is a fad, several factors are currently preventing sales - price, software, visibility and first-hand experience. In my experience, I believe it's necessary to integrate VR into our mainstream media. Imagine a virtual zoo, documentaries, live events that are all tailored for VR and specifically for high-end headsets, not just some video that's running. The education sector can really benefit with VR too.

My son above is severely autistic the sensory benefits of VR are immense, im on at the LRC in school to look into VR for the kids..

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac234/s_a786/Screenshot_20170327-092511_zpsptyoqbff.png

With Rick and morty around the corner and also if fallout 4 vr meets expectations I think I'll be far more keen to pick up a vive than previously.

Always been a fan of the technology and am confident it's the future of gaming, however it's still in the early adoption stage and so quite a hefty premium. Perhaps by end of the year it will be a little more affordable...

Just bumping this as I recently had first experience of consumer VR.

I bought a Oculus DK2 a few weeks ago for £100 on ebay (there are loads of them new) and was astounded how good it was for games such as Project Cars and Lucky's Tale.

I didn't feel comfortable going ahead with the CV1 without knowing what kind of experience I was letting myself in for.
However, I was that impressed and went ahead and bought the CV1 last week with the touch controllers.

Games like Robo Recall, Superhot VR, Eleven Table Tennis are extremely immersive. I've not had a gaming experience like this in years. Can't believe the amount of good content there is for Oculus and HTC despite only having a few AAA titles.

Any other new PC VR gamers out there?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions