Groups

All those in favour of expulsion and an investigation into the conduct of MPs say yea

An Israeli embassy official has been caught on camera discussing how to “take down” pro-Palestinian MPs including Foreign Office minister Sir Alan Duncan with a civil servant.

Covert footage taken by Al Jazeera’s investigations unit shows Shai Masot talking with Conservative MP Robert Halfon’s former chief of staff, Maria Strizzolo, at an upmarket restaurant in Kensington in October.

independent.co.uk/new…tml

And i noticed on the BBC the Foreign Office seemed to be playing it down and on israels side rather then the side of British democracy.

67 Comments

MP3 should be investigated and replaced by FLAC.
    Teresa May has indicated that she will likely be thinking about trying to organise a meeting to consider looking into the possibility of investigating this issue prior to the return of Halley's Comet.

Masot should be expelled from the country, immediately. Simple.

Sir Alan Duncan does need to be neutralised.....

Original Poster

Curlyman83

Masot should be expelled from the country, immediately. Simple.

He needs investigating too find out who all the MPs are he has on his books to do his bidding.

I am so shocked, he said BoJo was an idiot, how did he know, he also showed animosity towards an anti-Israel MP, why would he do that?!?

How many other embassy staff dislike MPs who show animosity towards their country?

I heard spies spy on people too.

This is the way the world works unfortunately. If the general public knew 10% of what really happened to keep the elite in power, there'd be a revolution.

Banned

If this is true, and I haven't read the article then perhaps this is also happening in many other countries simultaneously.

The pro Israeli lobby in the US is so strong, that Members of the US cabinet with strong pro Israeli and right wing views get out into office.

Israel could have seen this as the model for them to gain undue pro Israeli influence with other countries too, where Israeli national interest is promoted over the national interest of the country.

By interfering in the way described, they undermine the process of democracy.

This should be denounced, if true.

Banned

Ok, read the article, wow!

Blatant interference in our democratic process going on here!

"The Israeli ambassador, Mark Regev, has spoken with Sir Alan to apologise for the “completely unacceptable” comments."

They even confirmed they tried to interfere!

The guy was ex IDF !!

"Mr Masot says he was Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) major between 2004 and 2011 and describes himself as the chief point of contact between the embassy and MPs, liaising with ministers and officials at the Foreign Office."

PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY - the first tenet of espionage

"The Embassy of Israel rejects the remarks concerning Minister Duncan, which are completely unacceptable; the comments were made by a junior embassy employee who is not an Israeli diplomat, "

The embassy discredits him, but only because their blatant interference was caught on camera. Just as Elor Azaria was only brought to trial for a senseless murder, because he was caught on video as well.

Banned

Op "Yeah"!

Original Poster

smiler594

If this is true, and I haven't read the article then perhaps this is also … If this is true, and I haven't read the article then perhaps this is also happening in many other countries simultaneously. The pro Israeli lobby in the US is so strong, that Members of the US cabinet with strong pro Israeli and right wing views get out into office. Israel could have seen this as the model for them to gain undue pro Israeli influence with other countries too, where Israeli national interest is promoted over the national interest of the country. By interfering in the way described, they undermine the process of democracy. This should be denounced, if true.

Doesn't surprise me I'm sure it's been going on for many years but it certainly shouldn't be brushed under the carpet as is normally the case with anything relating to Israel and their "friends of" around the world.

smiler594

Op "Yeah"!

* "yea"

Banned

It's doubly dangerous as now Israel, with its expanded definition of "Anti-semitism" recently accepted by May, and with its policy of subverting the democratic process of other countries to reflect its own interest above national interest, seeks to make it "accepted practise" to denounce any criticism of it, globally and in the UN.

This would allow them to have support to annex any land they want, without negotiating for it, or ultimately, a single voice being raised in opposition.

I don't fully understand Zionism, but this is all about expanding their borders, displacing those already living there, and wielding political influence in other countries using any means, fair or foul (as in this case)

Yup kick out the ambassador for a few months as a warning.

Banned

I predict May will play this down. She's getting far too "pally" with Israel because she's trying to ingratiate herself to Trump's right wing view of the world. This, she hopes, will get her a better trade deal, post brexit.

So In a way, because the US Pro Israeli lobby controls US foreign policy in the Middle East, and because May wants a trade deal, and she wants to mirror them to do so,

the US pro Israel lobby also has de facto, undue influence over UK foreign policy in the Middle East.

Maybe that's far more powerful and unwanted than these journo's who got caught. They are small fish, compared to making May their poodle.

Blair was Bush's poodle. It's happened before!

Original Poster

May has always brown nosed Israel to such an extent she even criticised the Obama administration for talking to harshly of the Israeli government.

smiler594

I predict May will play this down. She's getting far too "pally" with … I predict May will play this down. She's getting far too "pally" with Israel because she's trying to ingratiate herself to Trump's right wing view of the world. This, she hopes, will get her a better trade deal, post brexit.So In a way, because the US Pro Israeli lobby controls US foreign policy in the Middle East, and because May wants a trade deal, and she wants to mirror them to do so, the US pro Israel lobby also has de facto, undue influence over UK foreign policy in the Middle East.Maybe that's far more powerful and unwanted than these journo's who got caught. They are small fish, compared to making May their poodle.Blair was Bush's poodle. It's happened before!

we should be making friends with Iran, Syria and Russia because they have kind and loving ​governments. Global politics is messy and always has been, might as well get used to it.
    Edited by: "davewave" 8th Jan

Junior embasy staffer and UK MP's aides idle dinner chit chat turns into Israel conspiracy. Am I surprised. No.

smiler594

Blair was Bush's poodle. It's happened before!

Certainly has. Cameron was the EU's puppet.

I think over the next 10 years one of 2 things will happen. Either things will start to settle down, or tensions will continue to rise. Either way - relationships between countries are bound to change.

Original Poster

118luke

Certainly has. Cameron was the EU's puppet. I think over the next 10 … Certainly has. Cameron was the EU's puppet. I think over the next 10 years one of 2 things will happen. Either things will start to settle down, or tensions will continue to rise. Either way - relationships between countries are bound to change.

Especially with Trump who will suck up to anyone he thinks will be advantageous at the time, he's going to run a country like he runs his business and he is a bankrupt.

Error440

Especially with Trump who will suck up to anyone he thinks will be … Especially with Trump who will suck up to anyone he thinks will be advantageous at the time, he's going to run a country like he runs his business and he is a bankrupt.

Im looking at it open minded and giving him a chance (like i do with all PMs/Presidents that come into power).
    Its too easy to say he'll muck things up, or make everything perfect. Trump has radical ideas, and these have a tendency to go very well, or very wrong. Only time will tell.

Cameron/Osbornes radical ideas were to cut finances to the bone, and it has all went very wrong as we can all now see. Unfortunately, the country believed the propaganda that they were telling us at the time, and we're suffering from it now.

Banned

Error440

May has always brown nosed Israel to such an extent she even criticised … May has always brown nosed Israel to such an extent she even criticised the Obama administration for talking to harshly of the Israeli government.

Yes, I was disappointed by that too

Original Poster

118luke

Im looking at it open minded and giving him a chance (like i do with all … Im looking at it open minded and giving him a chance (like i do with all PMs/Presidents that come into power).Its too easy to say he'll muck things up, or make everything perfect. Trump has radical ideas, and these have a tendency to go very well, or very wrong. Only time will tell.Cameron/Osbornes radical ideas were to cut finances to the bone, and it has all went very wrong as we can all now see. Unfortunately, the country believed the propaganda that they were telling us at the time, and we're suffering from it now.

Osborne not only wasn't in anyway qualified for the job he is also clearly on drugs.

Banned

davewave

we should be making friends with Iran, Syria and Russia because they have … we should be making friends with Iran, Syria and Russia because they have kind and loving ​governments. Global politics is messy and always has been, might as well get used to it.

Not saying that or inferring that Dave. We need a good US trade deal, but we don't need another prime minister, like Blair, who becomes a poodle and then gets taken in by lies about WMD in Iran and joins the US in sending our troops there to die for nothing. There are other ways to get what we want without dropping out behind for anyone to kick in the name of trade.

Error440

Osborne not only wasn't in anyway qualified for the job he is also … Osborne not only wasn't in anyway qualified for the job he is also clearly on drugs.

That i 100% agree with

Original Poster

smiler594

Not saying that or inferring that Dave. We need a good US trade deal, but … Not saying that or inferring that Dave. We need a good US trade deal, but we don't need another prime minister, like Blair, who becomes a poodle and then gets taken in by lies about WMD in Iran and joins the US in sending our troops there to die for nothing. There are other ways to get what we want without dropping out behind for anyone to kick in the name of trade.

Don't start him off!

Banned

Fred Smith

Junior embasy staffer and UK MP's aides idle dinner chit chat turns into … Junior embasy staffer and UK MP's aides idle dinner chit chat turns into Israel conspiracy. Am I surprised. No.

You're a recording repeating yourself Fred. This is plausible deniability and only acknowledged by Israel because there was a video. What else is Israel doing to subvert UK democracy that isn't on video?

Original Poster

smiler594

You're a recording repeating yourself Fred. This is plausible deniability … You're a recording repeating yourself Fred. This is plausible deniability and only acknowledged by Israel because there was a video. What else is Israel doing to subvert UK democracy that isn't on video?

You could just ignore them you know, just as they ignore the facts in favour of trying to derail every thread that's critical of Israel.

Banned

Error440

You could just ignore them you know, just as they ignore the facts in … You could just ignore them you know, just as they ignore the facts in favour of trying to derail every thread that's critical of Israel.

I know that Fred is biased, but I don't know if anyone else is to the same and extreme extent

Original Poster

smiler594

I know that Fred is biased, but I don't know if anyone else is to the … I know that Fred is biased, but I don't know if anyone else is to the same and extreme extent

Well the fact theres two people who have posted on here completely ignoring the point that this man claimed to have MPs in his pocket whom he would get to take down another because he didn't like his view, should be a indicator to you.

Read Machiavelli - nothing's changed.

Only reason some peeps are getting flustered is either they're not aware of Machiavellianism or their favoured group isn't in the position they accuse someone else's favourite group of being in.

Banned

Error440,
    I think the bigger question here is, what is the full extent of Israeli subversion of the UK democratic process?

The guy was ex IDF, hence had military training. He was deliberately put in the position of manipulating UK MP's through fair means or foul. He was authorised to do so by his managers at the Israeli embassy or even from Tel Aviv.

When he gets caught on camera and there is incontrovertible evidence ( much like Elor Azaria), there is a condemnation of him by Israel ( court verdict or Embassy announcement)

This was no "junior". This was symptomatic of a wider Israeli policy to exert undue political influence in foreign jurisdictions and in the UK, should be investigated, thoroughly.

smiler594

Error440,I think the bigger question here is, what is the full extent of … Error440,I think the bigger question here is, what is the full extent of Israeli subversion of the UK democratic process?The guy was ex IDF, hence had military training. He was deliberately put in the position of manipulating UK MP's through fair means or foul. He was authorised to do so by his managers at the Israeli embassy or even from Tel Aviv.When he gets caught on camera and there is incontrovertible evidence ( much like Elor Azaria), there is a condemnation of him by Israel ( court verdict or Embassy announcement)This was no "junior". This was symptomatic of a wider Israeli policy to exert undue political influence in foreign jurisdictions and in the UK, should be investigated, thoroughly.

I think I'm with Fred here. This just sounds like some idiot bigging himself up because someone bought him dinner.

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I think I'm with Fred here. This just sounds like some idiot bigging … I think I'm with Fred here. This just sounds like some idiot bigging himself up because someone bought him dinner.

I disagree. And just as I was writing this

google.co.uk/amp…ari

Labour echoes my thoughts even more harshly ! They call for a full scale enquiry into the "extent of political interference" by Israel

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I think I'm with Fred here. This just sounds like some idiot bigging … I think I'm with Fred here. This just sounds like some idiot bigging himself up because someone bought him dinner.

The people at the top never do things themselves that they can get someone else to do for them

Banned

True, a patsy.

Banned

I hope this means May is far less "chummy" with Israel. We want to see a peace deal. It won't happen unless we join with France and other countries to put pressure on Israel and Palestine to get s deal done!

Banned

Gosh can't believe labour would echo my thoughts like that. Very cool! Nice one labour !

Original Poster

smiler594

I hope this means May is far less "chummy" with Israel. We want to see a … I hope this means May is far less "chummy" with Israel. We want to see a peace deal. It won't happen unless we join with France and other countries to put pressure on Israel and Palestine to get s deal done!

Yeah right this wil be buried within days, there will be some bug headline tomorrow to make you forget this, mark my words there always is.

If this guy is a 'junior' what sort of influence do the 'seniors' have?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?22
      2. Fifa 1837
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions