All those PS4 £149.99 deals

Banned 57 replies
Found 29th Sep 2016
God damn, it feels like Christmas and Black Friday had a son and now everyone can get a PS4 for only £149.99 without any violence involved (check out Black Friday videos on YouTube). I was holding out for the PS4 Pro but I might just go for the original PS4 which has the advantage of a much cooler and stylish console design.

I still remember buying my PS3 Slim 250GB for £240 and PS4 costs way less now.

1. Misc
  2. PS4
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PS4
57 Comments

I'm so conflicted, do I buy one and get a rollocking from le wife or miss out and sulk about it forevermore.....!?

I don't understand the heat, surely 99% of people who want a PS4 have one by now? And the people thinking of getting a new one would want the PS4 Pro?

Banned

Bought one & then read it doesnt play CDs

That mucked up my plan with me kicking the 360 upstairs with the kids & using the ps4 downstairs as my toy
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 29th Sep 2016

Supply and demand. EBay and Gumtree will be flooded with ps4s...

I suspect there will be a few people buying them and expecting to turn a profit...

Flodd

I suspect there will be a few people buying them and expecting to turn a … I suspect there will be a few people buying them and expecting to turn a profit...

I still think there is profit to be made but not as much people expect.

I still look at the games and see no reason to buy one.

Error440

**** me... I agree with you...

I'm scared too..

I only want to play UFC 2 so I decided not to bother. If Red Dead Redemption 2 was at least announced I reckon that would have convinced me

Not a lot of profit I'm sure cex and others will knock price down in a few hours.

You can probably sell on eBay / gumtree though
Edited by: "kiish" 29th Sep 2016

I wanted an Xbox one s.... still do really. But at this price I'm sorely tempted to get a PS4 as well.

loop

I don't understand the heat, surely 99% of people who want a PS4 have one … I don't understand the heat, surely 99% of people who want a PS4 have one by now? And the people thinking of getting a new one would want the PS4 Pro?

You don't not vote or vote down because you have one or don't want one. You vote is its a deal and £149 is a great deal

I bought one. The wife has literally just spent £200 on clothes so think I'll be OK

momartin

I'm so conflicted, do I buy one and get a rollocking from le wife or miss … I'm so conflicted, do I buy one and get a rollocking from le wife or miss out and sulk about it forevermore.....!?

loop

I don't understand the heat, surely 99% of people who want a PS4 have one … I don't understand the heat, surely 99% of people who want a PS4 have one by now? And the people thinking of getting a new one would want the PS4 Pro?

​Very true

Error440

For most, Fifa alone is enough!

Deaa

For most, Fifa alone is enough!

Odd that, a lot of people were selling Fifa on the Xbox offers...

kiish

Odd that, a lot of people were selling Fifa on the Xbox offers...

That's true, there are two types of buyer for these that I can see. Those who buy it for games like Fifa and others who buy them to sell on to the other type. They will be selling the games and console!

Are people upgrading from their old PS4? I've got an original model...which is still going strong but just wondering if it is worth actually upgrading? Probably will just keep mine as I've never had a problem with it thus far!

loop

You don't understand the heat? Then you seriously don't belong on hukd

Jammy212

Are people upgrading from their old PS4? I've got an original … Are people upgrading from their old PS4? I've got an original model...which is still going strong but just wondering if it is worth actually upgrading? Probably will just keep mine as I've never had a problem with it thus far!

I was in the same boat the only real upgrade from what I can see is a quieter fan while running "taxing" games and having warranty again I decided unless there was an absolute stonking deal aka star wars 1tb bundle with fifa or the argos bundle again I'd not bother.

Anyone know of a good controller protector case to buy?
Edited by: "MrMan2011" 29th Sep 2016

Error440

Bloodborne is reason enough on its own.

momartin

I'm so conflicted, do I buy one and get a rollocking from le wife or miss … I'm so conflicted, do I buy one and get a rollocking from le wife or miss out and sulk about it forevermore.....!?

Ask yourself this....

Will she moan about something else anyway?

If the answer is yes.. then buy it.

The Ghostbuster

I was in the same boat the only real upgrade from what I can see is a … I was in the same boat the only real upgrade from what I can see is a quieter fan while running "taxing" games and having warranty again I decided unless there was an absolute stonking deal aka star wars 1tb bundle with fifa or the argos bundle again I'd not bother.

Yeah, I think at this moment it's not really worth the hassle. Even for the 1tb we can easily upgrade by shoving a ssd in and the new update has put HDR on too! (For which I don't even have a HDR tv)

Jammy212

Yeah, I think at this moment it's not really worth the hassle. Even for … Yeah, I think at this moment it's not really worth the hassle. Even for the 1tb we can easily upgrade by shoving a ssd in and the new update has put HDR on too! (For which I don't even have a HDR tv)

We should really just wait for a 149 quid HDR tv lol

Jammy212

Are people upgrading from their old PS4? I've got an original … Are people upgrading from their old PS4? I've got an original model...which is still going strong but just wondering if it is worth actually upgrading? Probably will just keep mine as I've never had a problem with it thus far!

I have the original model and the C chassis and there is little to no difference.

Both are loud when the fans are on, the C chassis only noticeably has a better pair of buttons on the front which are mechanical rather than touch sensitive. Other than that it draws marginally less power.
Happy with both of mine and see no reason to upgrade until I decide whether to buy into the 4k hype.

Just sold my original PS4 (bought at launch) for £180 (I did upgrade the HDD from 500GB to 1TB though). lol

Bought the XBX with Fifa/Forza as replacement, also managed to get Gears of war 4 for free so all good!
Edited by: "kiish" 29th Sep 2016

I was holding out for a deal on the PS4 pro or the slim before upgrading from my slim ps3, given the fact that it's a newer design and ergo in my mind much more reliable (my ps3 slim has never had an issue after 5/6 years and is still going strong). But at £150 for the 500gb and Fifa 17, it's a deal I couldn't let pass. I still have around 6 games for the PS3 that I still haven't opened let alone played.

To add, the PS4 Pro also requires a 4k tv to get the most out of it, which I am not looking to invest in anytime soon (not until a lot of other content providers start doing 4k).
Edited by: "rufnek2kx" 29th Sep 2016

Are these prices of £149.99 permanent prices for PS4. It seems to be as all retailers have dropped the price. Or am i wrong ??

danib

Are these prices of £149.99 permanent prices for PS4. It seems to be as … Are these prices of £149.99 permanent prices for PS4. It seems to be as all retailers have dropped the price. Or am i wrong ??

probably the clear the old stock of PS4's to allow slim and Pro to take the shelfs on their own. they did a similar thing with the PS3 when new versions /capacities came out

danib

Are these prices of £149.99 permanent prices for PS4. It seems to be as … Are these prices of £149.99 permanent prices for PS4. It seems to be as all retailers have dropped the price. Or am i wrong ??

I assume Sony had bulk stock on older gen consoles so they're clearing them, very unusual as to why they're so low though! Fifa not selling or wanting more players also it seems.

Snakeyes646

You don't understand the heat? Then you seriously don't belong on hukd

Just offering an alternative view point. It's only being reduced as it's old stock being cleared for a new upgraded model. If it was the new ones at this price then fair enough, but this is just a price drop to clear old tech.

ibblackberry1

You don't not vote or vote down because you have one or don't want one. … You don't not vote or vote down because you have one or don't want one. You vote is its a deal and £149 is a great deal

Not really for an old outdated model. Standard stock clearance.

loop

Of courses it's a great deal , basically £120 for a ps4 if you sell the game, not really old tech is it? Still plays all the games etc.
I got a 500gb with lego Star Wars and Star Wars force awakens Blu ray for £126... how is that not a bargain?
Edited by: "souljacker" 29th Sep 2016

souljacker

Of courses it's a great deal , basically £120 for a ps4 if you sell the … Of courses it's a great deal , basically £120 for a ps4 if you sell the game, not really old tech is it? Still plays all the games etc. I got a 500gb with lego Star Wars and Star Wars force awakens for £126... how is that not a bargain?

Yep a good deal with 2 games. Just surprised people who want them haven't already got one by now.

loop

the equivalent of £108 for a 1TB C chassis PS4 isnt a great deal? oO

loop

Yep a good deal with 2 games. Just surprised people who want them haven't … Yep a good deal with 2 games. Just surprised people who want them haven't already got one by now.

some people wait for a bargain before buying. £108 is a bargain,especially considering this was £370 on release. Its not like were that many good games to play in the first 2 years either.

loop

Just offering an alternative view point. It's only being reduced as it's … Just offering an alternative view point. It's only being reduced as it's old stock being cleared for a new upgraded model. If it was the new ones at this price then fair enough, but this is just a price drop to clear old tech.

So it isn't hot as they are older model PS4? Doubt many people will buy the ps4pro tbh when the Xbox one s and Scorpio offer more and also offer less indie game garbage

It's a cracking deal even without Fifa. The console is here to stay still for a good few years if not more.

I doubt we'll see anything lower than this even at christmas or any other big sale day.

I'm about to sell my 2013 PS4 for £180 so market is still there.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking to travel from belfast44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?77
    3. Nintendo switch browser11
    4. Driving anxiety.2949

See more discussions