All UK Pubs,Gyms and Restaurants Ordered To Close #Covid19

Groups

Top comments
Nail salons closed. Lash salons closed. Hair salons closed. Tanning salons closed. Waxing salons closed......should start seeing some normal looking men again lol
Still not enough.. full shut down required
26 Comments
Yes. Good. Stop the spread. Too many don't understand the risk.
Still not enough.. full shut down required
Thought alcohol killed Corona?
I don’t understand why it’s step by step stuff, people will still spread. Full lockdown is required; it’s the ONLY way to stop it
Honestly I think work for me is the biggest problem. Stuck on an office floor with 200 people, germs just spread through the vents so easily
davewave20/03/2020 19:22

Yes. Good. Stop the spread. Too many don't understand the risk.

Including myself and a work colleague there were 6 people in the pub yesterday, however we popped into Sainsbury's first to see if there was any uht milk for work colleagues
2-300 people in sainsbury's brushing past each other not giving a hoot about social distancing.

Back to the pub - 30 feet to the next person (apart from work colleague who was with me)

I wonder which situation is likely to spread germs more easily in those circumstances?

Then back to work to an factory/office of around 40 people.
D3LL80Y20/03/2020 19:34

I don’t understand why it’s step by step stuff, people will still spread. F …I don’t understand why it’s step by step stuff, people will still spread. Full lockdown is required; it’s the ONLY way to stop it

Because we still need a functioning NHS and ideally after Corona we will still need a functioning economy etc.

And obviously we still need food but I guess you're probably a hoarder.
.MUFC.20/03/2020 19:51

Because we still need a functioning NHS and ideally after Corona we will …Because we still need a functioning NHS and ideally after Corona we will still need a functioning economy etc.And obviously we still need food but I guess you're probably a hoarder.

You've spent the last couple of days liking a lot of comments defending hukd posting deals for pubs/cafes/restaurants.

Now you support this action?
dead4red6920/03/2020 19:57

You've spent the last couple of days liking a lot of comments defending …You've spent the last couple of days liking a lot of comments defending hukd posting deals for pubs/cafes/restaurants.Now you support this action?

Now why would that surprise anybody?
Surely it's time for the "Pubs/Gyms/Restaurants to open to front line NHS staff" headlines
dead4red6920/03/2020 19:57

You've spent the last couple of days liking a lot of comments defending …You've spent the last couple of days liking a lot of comments defending hukd posting deals for pubs/cafes/restaurants.Now you support this action?

I may have liked a few comments but not because I support them remaining open. Stalking much?
RChew6920/03/2020 19:59

Now why would that surprise anybody?

You stocked up on your wine?
.MUFC.20/03/2020 19:51

Because we still need a functioning NHS and ideally after Corona we will …Because we still need a functioning NHS and ideally after Corona we will still need a functioning economy etc.And obviously we still need food but I guess you're probably a hoarder.

I love being judged(y) , I didn’t intend to include nhs staff but I didn’t word it right obvs. But there are certainly many more people roaming streets that do not need to be, yeah I’m a hoarder obviously
.MUFC.20/03/2020 20:05

You stocked up on your wine?

LOL. Whatever happened to your old chum that used to prefer Tesco wine to Aldi wine? Haven't seen him around for ages.
m4rmite20/03/2020 19:51

Including myself and a work colleague there were 6 people in the pub …Including myself and a work colleague there were 6 people in the pub yesterday, however we popped into Sainsbury's first to see if there was any uht milk for work colleagues2-300 people in sainsbury's brushing past each other not giving a hoot about social distancing.Back to the pub - 30 feet to the next person (apart from work colleague who was with me)I wonder which situation is likely to spread germs more easily in those circumstances?Then back to work to an factory/office of around 40 people.

Good...bye then.
D3LL80Y20/03/2020 20:08

I love being judged(y) , I didn’t intend to include nhs staff but I didn’t …I love being judged(y) , I didn’t intend to include nhs staff but I didn’t word it right obvs. But there are certainly many more people roaming streets that do not need to be, yeah I’m a hoarder obviously

Yes we should all remain locked in our homes as much as possible. Personally I would like to see the supermarkets enforce there own gestures of goodwill with happy hours for older people and the vulnerable etc.. Or perhaps arranging some sort of essential delivery of hard to get products for the old and vulnerable that aren't really supposed to be out anyway.
RChew6920/03/2020 20:10

LOL. Whatever happened to your old chum that used to prefer Tesco wine to …LOL. Whatever happened to your old chum that used to prefer Tesco wine to Aldi wine? Haven't seen him around for ages.

I have no idea, I guess they probably got reported a few too many times etc..
.MUFC.20/03/2020 20:14

Yes we should all remain locked in our homes as much as possible. …Yes we should all remain locked in our homes as much as possible. Personally I would like to see the supermarkets enforce there own gestures of goodwill with happy hours for older people and the vulnerable etc.. Or perhaps arranging some sort of essential delivery of hard to get products for the old and vulnerable that aren't really supposed to be out anyway.

They have done the correct thing with the pubs etc today; I just can’t imagine too many people staying in. The weather forecasts say sun for the next few days. I would imagine a lot of parks will get busier as there’s no where else really to go. But then it will spread furthermore
Nail salons closed. Lash salons closed. Hair salons closed. Tanning salons closed. Waxing salons closed......should start seeing some normal looking men again lol
D3LL80Y20/03/2020 20:19

They have done the correct thing with the pubs etc today; I just can’t i …They have done the correct thing with the pubs etc today; I just can’t imagine too many people staying in. The weather forecasts say sun for the next few days. I would imagine a lot of parks will get busier as there’s no where else really to go. But then it will spread furthermore

I thought they should have shut the pubs a few days ago when they initially suggested avoiding them. That actually might have helped a few pubs empty a few open barrels as they would have known that eventually they'd be forced to shut either via lack of customers or due to the governments rulings etc..Maybe there was some logic in delaying forcing them to close. Strange reality.
RChew6920/03/2020 20:10

LOL. Whatever happened to your old chum that used to prefer Tesco wine to …LOL. Whatever happened to your old chum that used to prefer Tesco wine to Aldi wine? Haven't seen him around for ages.

Are you a bit of a wine buff? I lowered my standards a bit and bought some of those boxes. Drastic times .
airfix20/03/2020 20:29

Are you a bit of a wine buff? I lowered my standards a bit and bought …Are you a bit of a wine buff? I lowered my standards a bit and bought some of those boxes. Drastic times .

More or less teetotal nowadays. I enjoy a pint of Youngs Special occasionally but that's about it. I can't recall ever buying boxed wine.
RChew6920/03/2020 20:32

More or less teetotal nowadays. I enjoy a pint of Youngs Special …More or less teetotal nowadays. I enjoy a pint of Youngs Special occasionally but that's about it. I can't recall ever buying boxed wine.

I won’t recall buying it either after I’ve had the whole box, I know where you’re coming from lol.
.MUFC.20/03/2020 20:23

I thought they should have shut the pubs a few days ago when they …I thought they should have shut the pubs a few days ago when they initially suggested avoiding them. That actually might have helped a few pubs empty a few open barrels as they would have known that eventually they'd be forced to shut either via lack of customers or due to the governments rulings etc..Maybe there was some logic in delaying forcing them to close. Strange reality.

Yeah true, the pub owners will now get wasted on their stocks when this is all passed businesses will be a mess!
I just hope the government makes tax dodging starbucks pay its own staff's wages seeing as it suddenly decided to even close for takeaway shortly after this government announcement - whilst it plays the we are following government advice we love our staff card
Edited by: "jase.2" 20th Mar
jase.220/03/2020 21:37

I just hope the government makes tax dodging starbucks pay its own staff's …I just hope the government makes tax dodging starbucks pay its own staff's wages seeing as it suddenly decided to even close for takeaway shortly after this government announcement - whilst it plays the we are following government advice we love our staff card

Using the rules to their advantage isn't dodging. The tax rules need to be changed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants