all you fishing persons out there...

7 replies
Found 1st Feb 2009
when do cod have their babies?!
my other half has been fishing quite alot lately and wants to know when cod go spawning?
anyone know pretty please?

1. Misc
  2. Fishing
7 Comments

google is your friend.....

Is this the Bristol Channel Kirsty ??

If so it should be about this time of year according to Google sources.
Apparently the Bristol Channel cod are part of the Irish Sea stock.

I've been a few times but never caught cod and I have a couple of friends who used to catch cod of the North Devon coast around Blue Anchor. I think however that Cod stocks are in serious decline and you's be lucky to catch cod there now.

If it's somewhere else other than the Bristol Channel or the Welsh coastline I suggest you Google:

When do cod spawn in the ??????

Original Poster

thank you! he set me the task to find out for him but I hadn't a clue what to do. its the north sea he fishes in so I'll google. thank you so much..... now he'll think I'm soooo clever lol. thanks x

kirsty1981;4250028

thank you! he set me the task to find out for him but I hadn't a clue … thank you! he set me the task to find out for him but I hadn't a clue what to do. its the north sea he fishes in so I'll google. thank you so much..... now he'll think I'm soooo clever lol. thanks x

I'm sure you've already found it Kirsty but just in case have a look here.

[SIZE="4"][CENTER]s-happening-to-north-sea-cod.aspx"]NORTH SEA COD [/CENTER][/SIZE]

Original Poster

hottoshop;4250189

I'm sure you've already found it Kirsty but just in case have a look … I'm sure you've already found it Kirsty but just in case have a look here.[SIZE="4"][CENTER]s-happening-to-north-sea-cod.aspx"]NORTH SEA COD [/CENTER][/SIZE]

thank you lots xxx

I'm not sure on dates but I do know that Mackerel eat Cod eggs and hatchlings (they swim/float on the surface where Mackerel swim). So basically, if we have a bad year for Mackerel (in the Summer) we potentially have a better year for Cod in the years to come (3 or 4 years later) as more survive. The opposite is true too!

Isn't Mother Nature lovely!

Banned

Doesn't the cod have to be a certain size before you can land them?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help: NowTV Movie pass11
    2. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return22
    3. Credit Card Debt Question...77
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed438

See more discussions