All4, ITV Hub and Spotify now available on the Fire TV stick!!

Found 8th Mar 2016
Just a heads up to all those who own the Fire TV Stick (lots on here have bought them on various deals). The wonderful All4, ITV Hub and a full proper non-subscription Spotify app are all now available for free on the Stick and the 1st Gen Fire TV. Up until now they hadn't released them - or had limited the download to the newer 4K Fire TV.

Simply find them on Amazon.co.uk and hit 'Deliver' to send it to your device.

I am listening now to Spotify on my multimedia system, through my TV for free - superb!! It might be an error - but I can even go forwards and backwards through tracks!

It makes this Fire Stick the best (little) money I have ever spent on TV technology.

Enjoy!!
Community Updates
11 Comments
supermod
Moved to MISC as it's info rather than a deal, thanks for the heads up
Can someone share the apk for other android devices please
Ah crap
I always have Bbc iplayer app disappear on shield on reboot kind of annoying
GNKelly07

If you wanted to use them on the Shield, neither all 4 or itv will work. … If you wanted to use them on the Shield, neither all 4 or itv will work. Just extracted and tried

wish shield would release their versions along with nowtv, sky go etc. annoying that the shield is the best android box out there and yet things are slow to come out for it. great to see the iplayer app bundled already.
well that's the old nowtv box consigned to the tip. only kept it going alongside the tv stick because it had all4 and itv hub on it.
Original Poster
I think this makes the Fire TV platform the best there is out there now. Just need to find a good Airplay app that reliably will allow me to send stuff from my iPads.
Nice one! Thanks for the heads up.
I knew All 4 was coming, but now it's on my 1st gen Fire Tv.

Yeah!
I'm glad All4 is with us now, I feel somehow more complete knowing I've got all the main catchup channels available at any time. It sort of makes my Humax Freesat pretty much redundant now.
Is sideloading on the fire box as easy as doing it on Android devices?
EN1GMA

Is sideloading on the fire box as easy as doing it on Android devices?

Yes. There is the FTV utility HERE for pushing apps/restoring Kodi (I know you are familiar with the Shield so I linked to this one, there are other utilities). Can also use ES File explorer, SD Card (gen 2)/USB.
It's just a case of going into developer options and switching 'unknown apps' on and adb debugging on.

Edited by: "GNKelly07" 9th Mar 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions