Alloy wheels for a VW Golf MK5 silver

Found 18th Jul 2012
Just need some help on what alloy wheels to get for my Silver Volkswagen Golf MK5 silver, I am thinking of getting the GTI Monza wheels but am not sure.

Picture in first thread of what my car looks like.
Community Updates
14 Comments
Original Poster
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2066/photozda.jpg
Banned
put a set of onyx on it

http://volkswagenpartspeople.com/images/Volkswagen/th_Blk%20Onyx%20BR%20%20RE%20050.jpg

i have the monza alloys on my MK5 golf - go get them you wont regret it!
Banned
don't forget to mention it to your insurance company, should add another £100 per year to your insurance. Consider that over a few years too
Original Poster
I was thinking the Monza allow wheels might have to get them! anyone know a good place to buy them?
Original Poster
lumoruk

don't forget to mention it to your insurance company, should add another … don't forget to mention it to your insurance company, should add another £100 per year to your insurance. Consider that over a few years too

I forgot about that lucky I have not brought any yet, haha thank you for reminding me
Unless you colour code the black plastic trim the Monza's will look terrible. Also be aware that the 18" Monza have a diamond cut finish which corrodes very badly and very easily - my advice, don't bother. Is it really worth spending such a big amount on a 05/06 Golf, I would fix the dent first
Original Poster
Milkfloat

Unless you colour code the black plastic trim the Monza's will look … Unless you colour code the black plastic trim the Monza's will look terrible. Also be aware that the 18" Monza have a diamond cut finish which corrodes very badly and very easily - my advice, don't bother. Is it really worth spending such a big amount on a 05/06 Golf, I would fix the dent first

to be actually honest i want a new car but just have to see what my insurance premiums are when i have to renew in December.
ben240894

I forgot about that lucky I have not brought any yet, haha thank you … I forgot about that lucky I have not brought any yet, haha thank you for reminding me

If you put Genuine OEM alloys on (that would come on that model in the factory) you will only have to let your insurance know you've added them - not declare them.

I'm with an insurance company that does not allow mods. I added alloys to my car and they allowed them because they were made by the vehicle manufacturer. All I had to do was secure them with a locking wheel nut.

So providing you use manufacturer alloys you should see no increase in premium.
think you will be wasting money, first of all the car is not colour coded big mistake. should have got GTI or at least with GTI body kit
Original Poster
well im 17 so im lucky to have what i got
ben240894

well im 17 so im lucky to have what i got

better then my 1st car, yea go for the Monza wheels should improve the look of the car but be warned you will have to be very careful when parking you dont want to scratch your wheels
Edited by: "360baby" 20th Jul 2012
apart from that slight dent ben its looks a good nick car
ben240894

I was thinking the Monza allow wheels might have to get them! anyone know … I was thinking the Monza allow wheels might have to get them! anyone know a good place to buy them?

What size? 18"? I think they do a rep 19" Monza now

Check out the gallery at auto alloys :

autoalloys.com/ind…_22

Do you want her lowered till shes crawling all over the ground? Naa only joking, but you might want to lower like 35mm or make it the equivalent height of the GTI, a GTI suits the Monza wheel being that bit lower than a diesel etc

Edit:

GTI side skirts are about £30 each from the dealer (I think), might hide some of the dent Although they are very thin, so maybe not. I remeber some boy on ebay selling them for £100 and you could buy them for half that at the dealer, don't have to be painted either, saying that it was like 8 years ago

Edited by: "sparkyIreland" 20th Jul 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants