Groups

almost a crash!

so was tanking it along on my road bike earlier,just as i got to 40mph,a car suddenly came out of a drive,didnt have time to stop so went round and almost hit some other cyclists on the other side of the road that also came out due to a car parked there,they shouted i was a fall etc but i dont think i could have done much
    anyone else had similar problems?

15 Comments

was you doing the speed limit or was you speeding?

countless times ive been overtaken dangerously or had a near hit with an oncoming motorbike as they over take traffic on the opposite side of the road

tbh i hate the adverts that tell car drivers to look. look and look again for motorbikes

why dont the motorbikes wait thie turn in the traffic why do you squeeze your way through
    also i have seen motorbikes weaving in slow moving traffic i find this idiotic if i needed to slam the brakes on id hit you (motorbike)

I bumped my head getting a toilet roll out from under the stairs... no warnings!

Original Poster

ilovepink;6035336

was you doing the speed limit or was you speeding?countless times ive … was you doing the speed limit or was you speeding?countless times ive been overtaken dangerously or had a near hit with an oncoming motorbike as they over take traffic on the opposite side of the roadtbh i hate the adverts that tell car drivers to look. look and look again for motorbikes

yeer that ad made me slightly cringe first time i saw it ,but i didnt state this was on my racing bike (push bike) and you cant really brake hard and fast on those other wise you go over the bars and with spd's on thats gonna hert:thumbsup:

mosskeeto;6035344

I bumped my head getting a toilet roll out from under the stairs... no … I bumped my head getting a toilet roll out from under the stairs... no warnings!

OMG...:shock:.....Was the toilet roll ok?

Original Poster

mosskeeto;6035344

I bumped my head getting a toilet roll out from under the stairs... no … I bumped my head getting a toilet roll out from under the stairs... no warnings!

lol,i did that the other day getting my shoes out from under the stairs

cyclists are just as bad on the road, on the pavement on the road then back again

when they cycle side by side and you cant get round them
    when your wobbling
    NO lights when it dark :x

Banned

I done what you did but I was on the phone, it was dark she kept coming and knocked me off my bike. I got a new one out of it though. To summarise no you couldn't have done anything else. Hope you were wearing a helmet, I wasn't at the time but wear one now

Original Poster

lumoruk;6035444

I done what you did but I was on the phone, it was dark she kept coming … I done what you did but I was on the phone, it was dark she kept coming and knocked me off my bike. I got a new one out of it though. To summarise no you couldn't have done anything else. Hope you were wearing a helmet, I wasn't at the time but wear one now

yeer allways wear my trusty helmet,i think i might have been 10 mph over the speed limit:whistling:

Original Poster

ilovepink;6035443

cyclists are just as bad on the road, on the pavement on the road then … cyclists are just as bad on the road, on the pavement on the road then back again when they cycle side by side and you cant get round themwhen your wobbling NO lights when it dark :x

well thats just the little kids usaully that get all in the way,i only walk on the pavement

JACKIT99;6035472

yeer allways wear my trusty helmet,i think i might have been 10 mph over … yeer allways wear my trusty helmet,i think i might have been 10 mph over the speed limit:whistling:

Well tbh any accident would have been your fault - if you had been going at the limit you would have had more time to react

Original Poster

cbryanp;6035625

Well tbh any accident would have been your fault - if you had been going … Well tbh any accident would have been your fault - if you had been going at the limit you would have had more time to react

yeer but i like the feeling of going fast and also the wind rarely goes the right way so i took advantage and went about 40 for about 5 miles :roll::whistling:

JACKIT99;6035727

yeer but i like the feeling of going fast and also the wind rarely goes … yeer but i like the feeling of going fast and also the wind rarely goes the right way so i took advantage and went about 40 for about 5 miles :roll::whistling:

fair enough, just sayin you can have no complaints and cant see how you can say 'couldn't have done much'...maybe drive slower lol :):thumbsup:

only keepin you going. Keep safe

JACKIT99;6035727

yeer but i like the feeling of going fast and also the wind rarely goes … yeer but i like the feeling of going fast and also the wind rarely goes the right way so i took advantage and went about 40 for about 5 miles :roll::whistling:

I know what your saying, every direction seems to be uphill so its nice when you don't have to struggle when your going down hill but I don't think you'll receive any sympathy after stating how how fast you were going.

Banned

JACKIT99;6035727

I was speeding on the pavement after being run over on the road (thought it would be safer) a tractor came out of the hedge row (I was listening to my CD player) pulled the front brake as I had disconnected the rear as it was rubbing. I went flying right into its bull bar and ended up being thrown onto the road. Got a broken a collar bone and two ear plugs in my ear with no cable :whistling:

ilovepink;6035443

cyclists are just as bad on the road, on the pavement on the road then … cyclists are just as bad on the road, on the pavement on the road then back again when they cycle side by side and you cant get round themwhen your wobbling NO lights when it dark :x

That's the whole fun aspect about cycling, the best is we don't have to stop at red lights, we just go through them, a bit risky ridin on road, jump on the pavement, when the pavements crowded, jump back on road
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211876
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24104
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions