Found 26th Sep 2007
Me and 4 of my friends came out of the cinema.
Went to get to get the bus when 6 black youths came up to us

this was to me:

to me: Watcha got in your pockets blad
me: nothing for you
*puts his hands in my pockets, i put my hand over my phone*
him: MOVE YOUR HAND BLAD
me: *knees him in balls,walks to restaurant trys to call 999 but batterys dead*

as soon as they seen me take my phone out, they legged it.

Didnt think they'd leave without a fight, wusses.

99 Comments

Too many a.holes around now.

too much scum on the streets

Gods tom!!
adrenilin stopped pumpin yet???
(:friends: )

t0mm

Didnt think they'd leave without a fight, wusses.

Well done Tom, although it could've gone the other way..... but at least you stood up for yourself.

Me, well i'm **** scared to be honest, the whole knife culture frightens me to death, after seeing the damage a group of youths did by beating my brother up, i'd much rather hand over my phone......

Banned

wow close call, you got him in the balls nice one! :w00t: :thumbsup:

wow. i wouldnt dare to do that. u brave. also wat area was this?

Banned

Iom-RF

Well done Tom, although it could've gone the other way..... but at least … Well done Tom, although it could've gone the other way..... but at least you stood up for yourself.Me, well i'm **** scared to be honest, the whole knife culture frightens me to death, after seeing the damage a group of youths did by beating my brother up, i'd much rather hand over my phone......

yup i agree, what happened to your bro? either i lose my phone thats worth £50 used or get stabbed one in the chest. much rather lose the phone anyday

jennybubbles

Gods tom!!adrenilin stopped pumpin yet???(:friends: )

Red's bang on the money...you really do'nt know how you'll react until something like this happens & then the adrenelin can kick in on the quietest of people or the biggest, loudest, hardest bloke you know freezes...

Glad you're OK lad

if someone does approach you next time just step in to the middle of the road and cause some some traffic, they wont do anything with loads of drivers looking. but as everyone else has said rather hand it over then get stabbed. you dont really want to find out if they will stab you.

Original Poster

My phones worth £500 and isnt insured yet.

Adrenelin has stopped yes lmao -

Area: Nottingham

Thinking now, i'd have just handed it over if it was my old phone.

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

Red's bang on the money...you really do'nt know how you'll react until … Red's bang on the money...you really do'nt know how you'll react until something like this happens & then the adrenelin can kick in on the quietest of people or the biggest, loudest, hardest bloke you know freezes...Glad you're OK lad

Yup 3 times I've been in a simaler position twice didn't go so well for me but the 3rd my little sis was there and I ended up beating the **** out of a guy...

Original Poster

It was next to the road which was full with taxis, and next to a bus stop packed with passengers.

oh was it the n95? im not sure wat i would have done in that situation.

Original Poster

Yeah, the n95.

Welcome to another day in nottingham. I have been threatened a few times when I was younger but not any more. In thoughs days I didn't have anything of
value.

tOmm you should have let him take your phone it would be on cctv there and a crime report would have got you your insurance claim you wanted.

But well done anyway.

Ps If you have any expensive gadget's you are worried about I will take them off your hands!

hothothot

yup i agree, what happened to your bro? either i lose my phone thats … yup i agree, what happened to your bro? either i lose my phone thats worth £50 used or get stabbed one in the chest. much rather lose the phone anyday

He was walking home, bit tipsy as he'd had a night out (first good night he had out in ages), He was about 6 doors away from his flat, group of youths smashed a bottle over his head, nicked his phone/wallet and then beat him to a pulp, punches/kicks.

They dislocated his jaw, plus fragments of glass went in his head (he's got a scar now) and he's had back problems (where he was kicked repeatedly) ever since, at the hospital he was fazing in and out on consciousness and we really wasn't sure if he was going to be ok or not, the hospital was useless and thought he'd got into a fight, so pretty much ignored him till he was getting worse. :roll:

Happened in a rough part of Hampshire......

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Welcome to another day in nottingham. I have been threatened a few times … Welcome to another day in nottingham. I have been threatened a few times when I was younger but not any more. In thoughs days I didn't have anything of value.tOmm you should have let him take your phone it would be on cctv there and a crime report would have got you your insurance claim you wanted.But well done anyway.Ps If you have any expensive gadget's you are worried about I will take them off your hands!

Was outside spar, in town - know where it is?

Phone isnt insured for theft yet -.- Will be within 24 hours though.

This is what happened yesterday, to one of my relatives neighbours...

gazettelive.co.uk/new…01/

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/764/3be7bc84f4929b79b22513dvw1.jpg

t0mm

Yeah, the n95.

Did they see you use it?

Those things light up like little Christmas trees to them, Just a bloody good job you had another 3 people with you!!!

Original Poster

Nope, they didnt, it was in my pocket, he grabbed it, but i wrapped my hand around it, only thing he stole was a subway voucher -sigh- LOL.

Lulu'sMammy

This is what happened yesterday, to one of my relatives neighbours...

Yup, really bad :-(

But it comes as no shock, this is happening daily (or nightly!) around the country. :x

Many people don't bother to report either as they know the police will be useless as they can't do/prove anything. :roll:

t0mm

only thing he stole was a subway voucher -sigh- LOL.

Damn!, still at least he should have aching balls for a while, that was worth losing a voucher for! :thumbsup:

I've noticed this kind of porblem has only occured/started in the last 5 years.

t0mm

Was outside spar, in town - know where it is? Phone isnt insured for … Was outside spar, in town - know where it is? Phone isnt insured for theft yet -.- Will be within 24 hours though.

I have no idea where spar is! LOL

Next time you stand outside spar look across the road to the top of queen st (post office) look up and on that huge pole is a camera.
There is hardly any of nottingham city center that isn't on cctv now. Thats why the football yobs dont come into town on a sat morning now.

I got a Nokia 1112 you can have cheap?! LOL

Original Poster

LOL Would be very funny if i seen him at my college tomorrow, i'd just go up and punch him.

t0mm

Nope, they didnt, it was in my pocket, he grabbed it, but i wrapped my … Nope, they didnt, it was in my pocket, he grabbed it, but i wrapped my hand around it, only thing he stole was a subway voucher -sigh- LOL.

I have a book full of 'em you can have if ya want :lol:

Original Poster

Thanks, but i can go get more

:giggle:

Does anyone know what time the o2 close monday to friday?

Hey t0mm, glad to hear your okay, hate what its like these days it makes me sick Glad you got offer better and he got what he deserved, but poor subway voucher

My sisters ex was walking home one friday night when he was hit in the face, no reason for the attack or anything. He ended up with bleeding on the brain and all sorts, also started suffering from epilepsy which has meant that he has had his driving licence taken away until he either stops having the fits or its controlled better, which is a bitch when you are a mechanic!

8pm I think?

Nottingham? Fck me!

Any chance you was at Cornerhouse cinema? (Cineworld).

edit; oh god you was! Looks like its only day trips (unlimited card holder) to cinema for me then (unless I'm with dad! hehe).

edit2; My uncle also got messed up a few years ago by a couple of youths, was on the way home walking towards Argos (I believe?) on the same street where the Spar shop / cineworld is, for no apparent reason, nicked his phone and wallet.

Original Poster

Nottingham yes.
Cineworld yes :giggle:

Im an unlimited card holder too - yes :giggle.

Tbh im not prepared to let a new £500 phone go easy if i can help it.

glad you came out of it ok, good for you standing up for yourself but, please think on it could have gone the other way.

What a mad and sad world we live in today. :-(

Ahhhhhh! Exactly! You did the right thing IMO - I don't get why they approached a group though, usually they, as a group, would approach a lad or two at the max.

What'cha go see?

PS: Screen 10 is MASSIVE!

Original Poster

Screen 10 is my fave. We were in screen 2, bourne ultimatum, Should have a mini HUKD day out there one day, me you and gav :giggle.

Glad your ok t0mm
I would have kneed him in the balls too :thumbsup: good on you

Iom-RF

Well done Tom, although it could've gone the other way..... but at least … Well done Tom, although it could've gone the other way..... but at least you stood up for yourself.Me, well i'm **** scared to be honest, the whole knife culture frightens me to death, after seeing the damage a group of youths did by beating my brother up, i'd much rather hand over my phone......

I don't blame you- not many people would put up a fight, but it's a good thing tomm did.

Crime is under control... apparently *cough*... so let's just carry on as normal =o Some months ago happened to a couple across the road from where I was walking. I never pursued the muggers who took only a card it seemed, due to the whole knife/gun culture.

I'm glad you're ok but if a few things don't make add up, as muggers don't normally try it on a group unless they feel they can easily take all of them out, as they only prey on easy targets.

Another thing that I don't get is, so you kneed 1 of them and the other 5 did what...... just stand there and looked at your friends while you casually walked off to call the police on them and then ran off once you took your phone out later on?

This story does sound like it's been exaggerated to make you sound braver than you were but there's nothing shameful about someone trying it on you, I'm just glad you didn't lose anything important and you were lucky to get away unscathed.

I've personally been mugged twice during my childhood and it's always been by a group of people that are older than me and when I'm on my own.
I've always been very big (not in a fat way) but when I was 7 years old, I was approached by 2 older brothers and they took a penny off me (even though I had more money) I did it calmly and they walked off once they got what they wanted.
Even though it was a bit of a scary experience, I was laughing about it at the same time because they could of taken more, so I felt like I conned them. :giggle:

The other occasion was when I was about 14 and 5 men approached me (well late teens), one of which i recognised because he was a few years older above me in school and was notorious for getting into loads of fights and was one of the strongest in the school.
There were rumours that he went down for stabbing someone and he now had a scar going down his face, so I knew he wasn't someone that give up easily.

Even though I gave over a few pounds to them without too much hassle, I told the guy that I knew his cousin and I told him to ask about my rep at school.
The next time I saw the guy, he was with a couple of his friends and he said hi to me and this time I was ready to fight because I had more of a chance of doing something but instead, he offered to buy me a can of coke and was going on like he's one of my boys.

Moral of the story, don't let them think you're an easy target and don't panic, it'll only make people think they can keep trying it.

Original Poster

My friends a crafter [ie makes models] so he's entitled to carry a knife around with him.

He had a 6 inch knife in his bag, he coulda took it out, used it in self defence, but with our laws in shambles, who'd be arrested?

Original Poster

realfriendlyman

I'm glad you're ok but if a few things don't make add up, as muggers … I'm glad you're ok but if a few things don't make add up, as muggers don't normally try it on a group unless they feel they can easily take all of them out, as they only prey on easy targets.Another thing that I don't get is, so you kneed 1 of them and the other 5 did what...... just stand there and looked at your friends while you casually walked off to call the police on them and then ran off once you took your phone out later on?This story does sound like it's been exaggerated to make you sound braver than you were but there's nothing shameful about someone trying it on you, I'm just glad you didn't lose anything important and you were lucky to get away unscathed.I've personally been mugged twice during my childhood and it's always been by a group of people that are older than me and when I'm on my own.I've always been very big (not in a fat way) but when I was 7 years old, I was approached by 2 older brothers and they took a penny off me (even though I had more money) I did it calmly and they walked off once they got what they wanted.Even though it was a bit of a scary experience, I was laughing about it at the same time because they could of taken more, so I felt like I conned them. :giggle:The other occasion was when I was about 14 and 5 men approached me (well late teens), one of which i recognised because he was a few years older above me in school and was notorious for getting into loads of fights and was one of the strongest in the school. There were rumours that he went down for stabbing someone and he now had a scar going down his face, so I knew he wasn't someone that give up easily.Even though I gave over a few pounds to them without too much hassle, I told the guy that I knew his cousin and I told him to ask about my rep at school.The next time I saw the guy, he was with a couple of his friends and he said hi to me and this time I was ready to fight because I had more of a chance of doing something but instead, he offered to buy me a can of coke and was going on like he's one of my boys.Moral of the story, don't let them think you're an easy target and don't panic, it'll only make people think they can keep trying it.

The other 5 started on my friend joey - I dont think they really cared - luckily none of us got hurt.

But Im glad we're all ok - Story isn't made out to sound like im braver. Im just telling it the way it happened.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't23
    2. word association Game74244852
    3. Add one, leave one game54315379
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322803

See more discussions