Alternative Name

What where your parents going to call you if it wasnt the name you have now? Also what name would you like to have?

My brother was going to be Steven or Matthew, definatly NOT Andrew. Mum looked at him, nurse asked what he was called and she said Andrew! :giggle:

Mum wanted me to be called Melanie but dad said no, since she chose my brother name he got to choose mine so I ended up with Julia after the beatles song.

My brother wanted to call me Paul Daniels (Yup, even if I was a girl!)

I like my name and wouldnt change it, although I quite like longer names because there are more variations (Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Liza, Ellie etc) and if I had kids I would name them something longer that could be shortened, that way if they didnt like their name they could alter it without actually changing it completly

28 Comments

i was gonna b michael for a boy

my kids where gonna be
kye was gonna b nikitta
zaine was gonna b sinead
summer was gonna b river
ireland was gonna b saige
saxon was gonna b cade

I was going to be called June but I was born in August :-)

Quite like my name but it gets shortened to Hel and I'm not sure if people are just calling me or referring to being around me!!

fireheaven

I was going to be called June but I was born in August :-)Quite like my … I was going to be called June but I was born in August :-)Quite like my name but it gets shortened to Hel and I'm not sure if people are just calling me or referring to being around me!!

Hi firehaven..just thought I'd intervene on this thread to ask how things are with the new lifestyle..the no smoking one....dare say you're past the worse ..well hopefully and started to feel the health benefits...keep it up.

Original Poster

The only thing I dont like about my name is that some people call me Julie and that really bugs me. ITS NOT MY NAME!!!!!!!!!! Dont mind Jules, Jools, Ju, JuJu (My twin cousins used to call me aunty JuJu Sooooo cute! Not even their aunty!) but Julie is a different name and not just my name being shortened

they were going to call me fleur, but decided on keely gayle ann

I quite like the name hamish for a boy, pity david doesnt

Original Poster

I have my mums name as my middle name, and brother has dads name. I think thats a good idea, but what if you have more than 2 kids, or both girls or something??? Do you keep on giving them all the same middle name, or not? If not then would one feel jealous??

kelly_o_fanatic

I have my mums name as my middle name, and brother has dads name. I think … I have my mums name as my middle name, and brother has dads name. I think thats a good idea, but what if you have more than 2 kids, or both girls or something??? Do you keep on giving them all the same middle name, or not? If not then would one feel jealous??

my summers middle name is my mums name (well1 of her middle names)
my irelands middle name is my younger sisters name:-D

Original Poster

hiphop_dont_stop

my summers middle name is my mums name (well1 of her middle names)my … my summers middle name is my mums name (well1 of her middle names)my irelands middle name is my younger sisters name:-D

Thats a good idea Could cause arguements if you have more than one sister though (or between you and OH family)

kelly_o_fanatic

Thats a good idea Could cause arguements if you have more than one … Thats a good idea Could cause arguements if you have more than one sister though (or between you and OH family)

ive got 2 sisters but its common knowledge i dnt particulary like the older 1 :giggle: :giggle:

Original Poster

hiphop_dont_stop

ive got 2 sisters but its common knowledge i dnt particulary like the … ive got 2 sisters but its common knowledge i dnt particulary like the older 1 :giggle: :giggle:

LMAO :giggle:

im the only one with my mums middle name, despite being the 3rd girl. I also have her nanas middle name. the rest just have random names. im special.

Original Poster

geek grrrl

im the only one with my mums middle name, despite being the 3rd girl. I … im the only one with my mums middle name, despite being the 3rd girl. I also have her nanas middle name. the rest just have random names. im special.

Thats what I was talking about, could cause resentment and all the "You love her better than me" that kids like to do to upset parents!

but they do love me better than them :giggle: :w00t:

Original Poster

LMAO yes but they arent supposed to know that! Classic answer to the 'who do you love best' quesion - who ever is asking the question at the time :thumbsup:

no, the answer is always "keely" :giggle:

i think my parents just picked any name from me,no one ele in the family has my name, and people do shorten it which i hate:x

:w00t:

geek grrrl

they were going to call me fleur, but decided on keely gayle annI quite … they were going to call me fleur, but decided on keely gayle annI quite like the name hamish for a boy, pity david doesnt

One of my brothers name is Hamish :giggle:

he hates it, we have to call him Jimmy :giggle:

i have 6 brothers and 2 sisters so lots of names mostly random, most of the boys have james as a middle name after our grandad

all us girls have different ,middle names, both my sisters use their middle names as their primary names, confusing lol, but my family is kinda

my mum has 9 kids 28 grandkids and 14 great grandkids + 1 on way lol

im aunty to 3 older than me, one the same age, as school teachers refused to believe we werent twins (same middle and surname too):?

all make sense to us lol

Original Poster

Lol very confusing!

My uncle uses his middle name because he hates his first name. When he married my aunty, they had to tell us because parents were witnesses and needed to know, but the rest of the family doesnt know his real name

I was going to be Jasmine. I'm glad my mum got her own way.

I was going to be called Hope! :oops:

But when Mum came round (complications) the first thing she saw was Robin's painted on the windows in the maternity unit (at the end of May?:thinking:) she changed her mind and I'm now Robyn!

My middle name is Elizabeth, nice normal name in case I grew up hating Robyn! I love my first name so never used Elizabeth.

Not sure about my brother - he's John Stewart Chappel "surname"

Middle names are both gran's maiden names (sense?) - he's got the longest name of us all & used to have to regularly recite it at family gatherings!!! HA HA HA HA!!! :w00t:

Rachel if was a girl. I prefer it:thumbsup:

col

Rachel if was a girl. I prefer it:thumbsup:

Rachel it is then

kelly_o_fanatic

The only thing I dont like about my name is that some people call me … The only thing I dont like about my name is that some people call me Julie and that really bugs me. ITS NOT MY NAME!!!!!!!!!! Dont mind Jules, Jools, Ju, JuJu (My twin cousins used to call me aunty JuJu Sooooo cute! Not even their aunty!) but Julie is a different name and not just my name being shortened

I have often put your name as Julie in posts and then realised and have had to go back and edit so as not to offend.Julie must be a lot more commonly used than Julia.:)

I hate it when my name is shortened to Rob, bugs the poop out of me! :?

But Bob is fine & what most folk call me, tho baby bro calls me Bobz and Dad calls me Ribena - odd! Never managed to get him to tell me why! :thinking:

Original Poster

bazr

I have often put your name as Julie in posts and then realised and have … I have often put your name as Julie in posts and then realised and have had to go back and edit so as not to offend.Julie must be a lot more commonly used than Julia.:)

Lol dont worry about it

Original Poster

bobcat

I was going to be called Hope! :oops: But when Mum came round … I was going to be called Hope! :oops: But when Mum came round (complications) the first thing she saw was Robin's painted on the windows in the maternity unit (at the end of May?:thinking:) she changed her mind and I'm now Robyn! My middle name is Elizabeth, nice normal name in case I grew up hating Robyn! I love my first name so never used Elizabeth. Not sure about my brother - he's John Stewart Chappel "surname" Middle names are both gran's maiden names (sense?) - he's got the longest name of us all & used to have to regularly recite it at family gatherings!!! HA HA HA HA!!! :w00t:

My dads aunty is called....Teresa Marie Veronica Monica Bernadette Lathom!

Whilst in hospital after having my first daughter, the lady in the bed opposite couldn't decide between a few names for her baby.

This posed a problem for the nurses when filling out the baby's wrist band.

The families surname was Walker, therefore the poor little mite had to have a wrist band with........yep you guessed it, "BABY WALKER" written on it!! :thumbsup:

bobcat

I hate it when my name is shortened to Rob, bugs the poop out of me! :? … I hate it when my name is shortened to Rob, bugs the poop out of me! :? But Bob is fine & what most folk call me, tho baby bro calls me Bobz and Dad calls me Ribena - odd! Never managed to get him to tell me why! :thinking:

My late uncle was christened Charles John Robert.Everybody called him Bob,which he much preferred.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523386
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763821
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356127
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414414051

See more discussions