Alternative to BT Smart Hub 6

Found 26th Oct 2017
I have lost/thrown out my BT smart hub 6. I need something cheap and urgent to connect to my BT fibre. Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
In my opinion all ASUS routers are excellent - i bought one for 99 quid on amazon and it’s helped signal and speed so much over 5 years I had it (still strong)

I done a search and there seems to be a cheaper version of mine here: LINK

Hope it helps, good luck.
You can also buy one from BT or recontract and see what offers give you one free.
Get on livechat to them and tell them it just stopped switching on, they will post a new 1 out
3ak2 h, 50 m ago

In my opinion all ASUS routers are excellent - i bought one for 99 quid on …In my opinion all ASUS routers are excellent - i bought one for 99 quid on amazon and it’s helped signal and speed so much over 5 years I had it (still strong) I done a search and there seems to be a cheaper version of mine here: LINKHope it helps, good luck.

Your link is broken, but that's an RT- version rather than a DSL- version so it won't do what he wants. You'd probably be looking at the DSL-AC55U for £65 from Asus' range.

@humanracer You're after any modem-router that supports VDSL (any router that claims VDSL support will be the same thing). They start at about £30 if you don't need the same wi-fi speed that the HH6 provides (I think it's AC1200?), for example the TP-link TD-W9970
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 26th Oct 2017
gormley9014 h, 35 m ago

Get on livechat to them and tell them it just stopped switching on, they …Get on livechat to them and tell them it just stopped switching on, they will post a new 1 out

That may be true, but when our Hub 3 stopped loading anything they made us send it back and sent a Hub 4 as a replacement. Bit of a cheek considering we had been BT customers for at least 5 years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions