Alternative to buying a printer?

Found 15th Dec 2017
I don't like to keep a printer due to all the peripheral issues, cartridges, space, technical mishaps etc..

Is there a way of printing things like 'return labels' using something else...e.g. Dymo thermal printer?

Alternatively. are there websites that will do printing and scanning for me?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
When I didn’t have a printer I used my local library to do my printing. Took in a usb and logged into their network and printed what I wanted. Was a bit of a hassle but found it cheap for the odd print. Alternatively use one of the ink top up shops if you have one nearby.
You can use thermal printers, as this is what businesses use (generally) to print labels. It's not really going to solve anything, though, as you still need a roll of labels and it takes some setting up.

I prefer to keep one of the cheap "3-in-1" printers, as I often find I need a scanner for different random purposes (especially these days where a job interview, should you be changing, may require copies or emailed scans)
For returns; collectplus give you a print at store option. The option appears at checkout, 30p though
For returns or just when buying postage use Royal Mail royalmail.com/lab…ogo
Find someone you know with a wifi printer.. That will have an email address and you can print your stuff from anywhere by emailing printer. Would need to be local. Or email your stuff to them.. Or go to library and print from memory stick... That's best bet.. Smallest home printer is made by Hp.. Think it was £20... I also think it came with 15 pages a month free ink for life but you need to check that
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Dec 2017
wayners5 h, 31 m ago

Find someone you know with a wifi printer.. That will have an email …Find someone you know with a wifi printer.. That will have an email address and you can print your stuff from anywhere by emailing printer. Would need to be local. Or email your stuff to them.. Or go to library and print from memory stick... That's best bet.. Smallest home printer is made by Hp.. Think it was £20... I also think it came with 15 pages a month free ink for life but you need to check that

a one off payment of £20 giving you 15 pages a month for life thats an amazing deal
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 15th Dec 2017
mattmerch40 m ago

£20 for 15 pages a month for life thats an amazing deal

HP instant ink... That's if you can get the 15 page deal.. Was available for are hp 5544 I bought last month £34....I signed up to the max allowance as have 8 months free ink. I'll drop it back and start paying £1.99 per month in July and let that run.. ink for £24 a year is a bargain at 100 pages limit.... I'm happy with that.. Any problems I'll just buy another printer and start again
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Dec 2017
Just buy a cheap mono laser printer, they come up on here regularly for around £40. They generally have toner for over 2000 pages and it never dries up. I’ve had a Dell I use occasionally for about 10 years and still on the original toner. Only issue is storing it somewhere. Just remember to store it with the paper drawer open to stop the rollers going flat.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants