alternative to hitnews.eu

Found 18th Jun 2009
Hi,

I used to use hitnews but they seem to have stopped offering decent rates to international customers. I only tend to signup for the 48 hours access account every few months or so.

Anyone know of another decent provider that does such small subscriptions :-

SSL a must
unlimited downloads
small time frame (I don't want to pay for a month when I'll only use it for a few hours.)
cheap

cheers,
worto.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments
astraweb $11 dollar special, unlimited with free ssl and 20 active threads. Unlimited download rates etc. worked out at £6.84 last week now the £ is getting stronger on the $

news.astraweb.com/spe…tml
Original Poster
Thanks - that looks good - I was hoping to find someone doing 48 hour slots instead of a whole month though.

I'll try them if I can't find a 48 hr one or a week one.
worto03;5524320

Thanks - that looks good - I was hoping to find someone doing 48 hour … Thanks - that looks good - I was hoping to find someone doing 48 hour slots instead of a whole month though.I'll try them if I can't find a 48 hr one or a week one.

You can also buy it in chunks of 25GB that has no time limit but at $10 doesnt seem good, as thats a days downloads for me anyway!:thumbsup:
+1 for Astraweb. I use their Pay-by-Download service, bought 90GB of credit back in march for $25, still got 56gb left, as I only use it to get Howard Stern each day (150mb)
Original Poster
Cheers,

been looking around and I think I might go try usenet - they don't seem ot have very good reviews but do a 3 day account for $5 with 20 connections and SSL.

I have a big link so don't really want to buy in data size - unlimited for a few days is what I'm really after & there doesn't seem to be many options...

edit - changed my mind - after reading more reviews - gonna go for teh astraweb $11 thing - cheers guys.
There are some things in life that are a total no-brainer and Astraweb as usenet provider is one of them .
Toybhoy;5525253

There are some things in life that are a total no-brainer and Astraweb as … There are some things in life that are a total no-brainer and Astraweb as usenet provider is one of them .

Totally agree, best thing hitnews ever did was screw us uk customers over, if it wasnt for that I wouldnt have looked at astraweb.
Banned
worto03;5524617

Cheers,been looking around and I think I might go try usenet - they don't … Cheers,been looking around and I think I might go try usenet - they don't seem ot have very good reviews but do a 3 day account for $5 with 20 connections and SSL.

What do you mean "try usenet"? This is usenet we are referring to!

Or did you mean usenetserver.com? Thats who I use. Whats the bad reviews? I have zero problems with them and max out my 16Mb line speed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants