Alternative to PayPal

Found 22nd Mar
Basically my PayPal got limited for me selling loads of items on eBay in a short space of time. Which is ridiculous! Does anyone know any alternative to PayPal to use with eBay? While Searching online I can’t find any and it looks like most buyers only pay with PayPal. Let me know if you know any thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
30 Comments
Make a new PayPal account.

You can have more than one. I know because I have 3, even if I basically use always the same one in the end.
Sounds fishy to me. Ring them and explain if genuine.
Are you varified on PayPal ?
You need to get your account verified, it's not a difficult process and to answer your question, there's no other alternative to PayPal on eBay
You are only allowed two PayPal accounts one business and one personal. If you have three personal try and only use the one or any money in the other two will get frozen.
Original Poster
Bradleigh2 h, 9 m ago

Are you varified on PayPal ?

Yes
Original Poster
I’m verified and everything. They are asking for proof of address and photo id. Which is plain right stupid. I have £800 in my PayPal account and I can’t even withdraw it...
Original Poster
Cakeboy792 h, 3 m ago

You need to get your account verified, it's not a difficult process and to …You need to get your account verified, it's not a difficult process and to answer your question, there's no other alternative to PayPal on eBay

It’s verified
Original Poster
benjammin3163 h, 27 m ago

Sounds fishy to me. Ring them and explain if genuine.

I have, multiple times. They keep saying the same thing “please provide photo ID and proof of address to lift the limit”
Edited by: "ellawookey" 23rd Mar
Original Poster
hearts2210 h, 52 m ago

Make a new PayPal account. You can have more than one. I know because I …Make a new PayPal account. You can have more than one. I know because I have 3, even if I basically use always the same one in the end.

Yes I have tried that but it gets linked to the other one because of my address and bank info...
ellawookey4 m ago

I have, multiple times. They keep saying the same thing “please provide p …I have, multiple times. They keep saying the same thing “please provide photo ID and proof of address to lift the limit”

Do that then!
ellawookey29 m ago

I have, multiple times. They keep saying the same thing “please provide p …I have, multiple times. They keep saying the same thing “please provide photo ID and proof of address to lift the limit”

So, do it
Original Poster
I feel weary about giving very personal info. They don’t ask it from anyone else who uses PayPal. Why they asking for ID from me
ellawookey5 m ago

I feel weary about giving very personal info. They don’t ask it from a …I feel weary about giving very personal info. They don’t ask it from anyone else who uses PayPal. Why they asking for ID from me

For "selling loads of items on eBay in a short space of time". Probably flagged the account due to unusual activity so need to check to see you are who you are rather than someone else taking over the account.
ellawookey11 h, 47 m ago

I feel weary about giving very personal info. They don’t ask it from a …I feel weary about giving very personal info. They don’t ask it from anyone else who uses PayPal. Why they asking for ID from me

They ask for it from everyone after your paypal account takes a certain amount of money. EU money laundering regulations.
caverncity21 h, 26 m ago

You are only allowed two PayPal accounts one business and one personal. If …You are only allowed two PayPal accounts one business and one personal. If you have three personal try and only use the one or any money in the other two will get frozen.

I have never had any money frozen and have made 3 in total. I still have pennies in one that have been there for ages and I can withdraw them when I want.

It's linked to a different bank account from my main one, though.
One is registered in Italy instead (my home country) and has been unused for years and is only linked to an Italian prepaid card now expired.

@ellawookey
Ah I see what the issue is now. They asked that to my partner once. Proof of ID etc.
Perfectly legit. Just give them the proof and you'll be fine. It's Paypal, not Abdul in Nigeria asking for it

Edited by: "hearts22" 24th Mar
ellawookey21 h, 27 m ago

I’m verified and everything. They are asking for proof of address and p …I’m verified and everything. They are asking for proof of address and photo id. Which is plain right stupid. I have £800 in my PayPal account and I can’t even withdraw it...

You can withdraw it just provide "proof of address and photo id" they are regulated by the EU and its to stop money laundering plus they dont want you to take the money out and your buyers submit claims and you have done a flit hence why they want to know exactly who you are in case they need to chase you for the money.
I understand some sellers prefer it if certain bodies dont find out what is in their accounts but at the end of the day if you want your money then you must submit what they want or you get no money.
Most if not all will have to do it at some time, its in their terms.
Once you've supplied the id and proof of address then it'll be lifted. Then you could buy yourself a tinfoil hat! Or just order one from Amazon ;).
This person defintely is doing something dodgy after everyone said just show proof of us and address they stop commenting it’s a standard thing with PayPal plus they’re a multibillion pound company can trust them.
If I had £800 in my PayPal account and could not access it I would be bending over backwards to get it out unless that is I was upto something and maybe thought by providing what they want would drop me in the dirty stuff.
ellawookey23 h, 39 m ago

I’m verified and everything. They are asking for proof of address and p …I’m verified and everything. They are asking for proof of address and photo id. Which is plain right stupid. I have £800 in my PayPal account and I can’t even withdraw it...

After listening to you i have withdrawn all the money in my account to my bank account
hearts223 h, 34 m ago

I have never had any money frozen and have made 3 in total. I still have …I have never had any money frozen and have made 3 in total. I still have pennies in one that have been there for ages and I can withdraw them when I want.It's linked to a different bank account from my main one, though. One is registered in Italy instead (my home country) and has been unused for years and is only linked to an Italian prepaid card now expired.@ellawookey Ah I see what the issue is now. They asked that to my partner once. Proof of ID etc. Perfectly legit. Just give them the proof and you'll be fine. It's Paypal, not Abdul in Nigeria asking for it

Hmmmm, it is Paypal that has his £800 not Abdul in Nigeria
Original Poster
Okay thanks guys. Will provide all the info they need. I am not a dodgy person...I’m just a random person selling my unwanted items and also have provided the receipts to them as well. Will update you after I submitted the info. £800 is a lot to loose.
Original Poster
caverncity2 h, 41 m ago

You can withdraw it just provide "proof of address and photo id" they are …You can withdraw it just provide "proof of address and photo id" they are regulated by the EU and its to stop money laundering plus they dont want you to take the money out and your buyers submit claims and you have done a flit hence why they want to know exactly who you are in case they need to chase you for the money. I understand some sellers prefer it if certain bodies dont find out what is in their accounts but at the end of the day if you want your money then you must submit what they want or you get no money. Most if not all will have to do it at some time, its in their terms.

Yes I am going to provide it. I have nothing to hide. I also have 100% feedback on over 30 transactions on eBay and receipts showing I brought the items. If they don’t lift the limit after me providing all this info then I’m done with PayPal..
ellawookey9 m ago

Yes I am going to provide it. I have nothing to hide. I also have 100% …Yes I am going to provide it. I have nothing to hide. I also have 100% feedback on over 30 transactions on eBay and receipts showing I brought the items. If they don’t lift the limit after me providing all this info then I’m done with PayPal..

Fair enough but if you don't provide it the people who have your money they will think you have something to hide hence why we are telling you, you have to provide it. If you are done with PayPal you are done with eBay. eBay are ditching PayPal in the next couple of years however the new company will probably still require proof of who you are. You could put cash on pick up but you still have to offer PayPal and some buyers still pay with PayPal even though you clearly state cash on pickup. When I started on eBay years before it came to the UK , PayPal was new so I would have to daily take cheques to my bank now I don't get any, not one so it's good for that. PayPal through the many years I have been with them touch wood have been ok apart from twice asking for proof of ID which I happily gave. I as most on here think you are being a little paranoid.
ellawookey3 h, 40 m ago

Yes I am going to provide it. I have nothing to hide. I also have 100% …Yes I am going to provide it. I have nothing to hide. I also have 100% feedback on over 30 transactions on eBay and receipts showing I brought the items. If they don’t lift the limit after me providing all this info then I’m done with PayPal..

They will. They did when it happened to my partner. It's just a hassle to send the info they require but you shouldn't have waited as it's Paypal and you know it's a reputable company.

I would be more worried about sending proof of ID to Facebook. They do ask for that to certain people. Happened to me and people I know lots of times.

I refuse to put my real name and surname on a public website and so have always used a fake one since I comment on public pages; I don't want my identity made public on there but Facebook wants your real name
Original Poster
hearts2252 m ago

They will. They did when it happened to my partner. It's just a hassle to …They will. They did when it happened to my partner. It's just a hassle to send the info they require but you shouldn't have waited as it's Paypal and you know it's a reputable company. I would be more worried about sending proof of ID to Facebook. They do ask for that to certain people. Happened to me and people I know lots of times. I refuse to put my real name and surname on a public website and so have always used a fake one since I comment on public pages; I don't want my identity made public on there but Facebook wants your real name

Oh okay. Anyone know what “business information” is? They are telling me to provide it but I’m not a business....:/
33505919-rmV28.jpg
It seems you are registered on ebay/paypal as a business user... easy enough to fix on ebay.
Original Poster
Splodger1012 h, 42 m ago

It seems you are registered on ebay/paypal as a business user... easy …It seems you are registered on ebay/paypal as a business user... easy enough to fix on ebay.

I’m registered as a personal on both. Not sure what to provide as I’m not a business. Will give them a ring.
ellawookey30 m ago

I’m registered as a personal on both. Not sure what to provide as I’m not a …I’m registered as a personal on both. Not sure what to provide as I’m not a business. Will give them a ring.

You sold too much too fast, that has flagged you up as a business, you should have done it slowly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants