Alternative to Ring Doorbell

Found 4th Mar
Hi,

im after a WiFi video doorbell. I know the household name is ring but I’m looking for any alternatives hopefully at a reasonable price.

i like the ring but it looks pretty big, the pro version is nicer but costs quite a lot.

is there anything a similar size/appearance to the ring pro at a better price ? I’d also want it to have the appearance of a door bell to avoid confusion with visitors, as well as an internal door chime.

any suggestions appreciated.

dan
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Perhaps the best option is to just have a CCTV camera as it seems a better option. This is also helpful if you live next to troublesome neighbours like we do (managing to steal a bike by bringing it over the fence, breaking the fence several times on different occasions, threats of violence and today we discovered a knife in the front garden which we can’t prove was them because we didn’t know how long it had been there)
Original Poster
I’m so sorry that you’re in that situation, no one should have to live with lowlives like that. Your home should be your sanctuary at the very least. Hope you’re exploring all opportunities to take action.

ive got a Blink XT camera set on order, which will do the necessary. But for leaving parcels etc that would be great.
Mechtup56 m ago

Perhaps the best option is to just have a CCTV camera as it seems a better …Perhaps the best option is to just have a CCTV camera as it seems a better option. This is also helpful if you live next to troublesome neighbours like we do (managing to steal a bike by bringing it over the fence, breaking the fence several times on different occasions, threats of violence and today we discovered a knife in the front garden which we can’t prove was them because we didn’t know how long it had been there)

Sorry to hear your in that situation but I really don’t understand why everyone assumes cctv will sort it out. Putting a hoodie up makes any evidence you capture pretty much inadmissible.
borat12341 h, 13 m ago

I’m so sorry that you’re in that situation, no one should have to live wit …I’m so sorry that you’re in that situation, no one should have to live with lowlives like that. Your home should be your sanctuary at the very least. Hope you’re exploring all opportunities to take action.ive got a Blink XT camera set on order, which will do the necessary. But for leaving parcels etc that would be great.

They’re teenagers/adults who were in care so they had the house provided by the council. All we can ever do is call the carers. Forgot to mention when they first moved in they stole stuff from the loft such as old beanos and a microscope because the loft was a shared loft. They were found in another neighbours garden (thrown in) and the carers found the stuff in the house itself. After the bike was nicked was when we had to install CCTV.
cmdr_elito35 m ago

Sorry to hear your in that situation but I really don’t understand why e …Sorry to hear your in that situation but I really don’t understand why everyone assumes cctv will sort it out. Putting a hoodie up makes any evidence you capture pretty much inadmissible.

So would the same be for the doorbell.

For us we’ve only had trouble from the neighbours so we can just watch to see them come from their house and then around ours.
Mechtup23 m ago

So would the same be for the doorbell.For us we’ve only had trouble from t …So would the same be for the doorbell.For us we’ve only had trouble from the neighbours so we can just watch to see them come from their house and then around ours.

I’ve watched many programs on antisocial behaviour (kind of trying to understand it) and it just means they walk off out of sight of the cameras and then come back covered up, even if they are wearing the same clothes it isn’t enough. There was one show where they even got their face and clothing matched and it wasn’t enough evidence and the person was let go. Ridiculous I know!
Mechtup56 m ago

the loft such as old beanos and a microscope because the loft was a shared …the loft such as old beanos and a microscope because the loft was a shared loft.

You need to get that sorted as it may make your buildings insurance invalid especially in case of fire, plus if a fire broke out in one property it would quickly spread to any properties that share the loft space.
harlzter3 m ago

You need to get that sorted as it may make your buildings insurance …You need to get that sorted as it may make your buildings insurance invalid especially in case of fire, plus if a fire broke out in one property it would quickly spread to any properties that share the loft space.

Once we were aware of what they were doing, we contacted the carers and shortly afterwards they got somebody in to make the loft have separate halves
Knock On Door
if you have bad nighbours the ring doorbell wont cut it, youl need a camera permanently monitoring, the doorbell is either activated by pressing the bell or it picks up motions through its sensors, but the battery life isn't the best and you have to keep taking it off door to charge it unless your going to connect via wire but even then its not wat you want.
neighbours? Always CCTV, at least you get all round coverage of your property as evidence.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions