Alternative to Sky in an office building?

Found 10th Aug
Currently paying £660 a month for Sky with Sky sports.
It barely works so we're looking to get rid of it for something else.
I've been looking around but can't seem to find any alternatives that can be used in the same environment?

NowTV seems to be against it in their terms and conditions (definitely won't let you watch Sky Sports in an office).

Obviously can't be some dodgy Chinese/Russian box.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I'm not condoning going against their Terms but how are they going to find out you're using it in an office?

NowTV would be your best bet unless BT do a IPTV service (I think YouView is IPTV).
What sort of company has Sky Sports in the office?
I'm curious what sector you work in.
I work in a building which also houses a newspaper and those guys have various channels running all around the office.
Agharta2 h, 54 m ago

What sort of company has Sky Sports in the office?I'm curious what sector …What sort of company has Sky Sports in the office?I'm curious what sector you work in.

In the finance sector
M0nk3h4 h, 15 m ago

I'm not condoning going against their Terms but how are they going to find …I'm not condoning going against their Terms but how are they going to find out you're using it in an office?NowTV would be your best bet unless BT do a IPTV service (I think YouView is IPTV).

M0nk3h4 h, 15 m ago

I'm not condoning going against their Terms but how are they going to find …I'm not condoning going against their Terms but how are they going to find out you're using it in an office?NowTV would be your best bet unless BT do a IPTV service (I think YouView is IPTV).

It’s got to be all legit and above board.
bozo0072 h, 8 m ago

I work in a building which also houses a newspaper and those guys have …I work in a building which also houses a newspaper and those guys have various channels running all around the office.

Don’t suppose you know what they use?
Edited by: "teh.arn" 10th Aug
it's available on BT, talk talk, sky and virgin media. sky might not even allow them to offer it on commercial terms (to stop them encroaching upon their lucrative pub market).
when you say it barely works, why don't you contact them and tell them that an £8k/pa contract is in jeopardy for technical reasons.
DennisG12 m ago

it's available on BT, talk talk, sky and virgin media. sky might not even …it's available on BT, talk talk, sky and virgin media. sky might not even allow them to offer it on commercial terms (to stop them encroaching upon their lucrative pub market).when you say it barely works, why don't you contact them and tell them that an £8k/pa contract is in jeopardy for technical reasons.

Weve tried, they’re useless. So we’re just looking to drop it and go elsewhere.
It used to get used all the time, including for events in the boardroom (boxing, champions league etc) but it’s not really used now so there’s not much point keeping it.

From what I can see it looks like we might be stuck on the pub terms due to the size of the office.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 10th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants