Expired

Alternatives to Egg Money and ability to see all accounts

Found 6th Nov 2011
As you may or may not be aware, Egg Credit Cards transfer to Barclaycard as from tomorrow.

I use the Egg Money facility to store my other accounts information so that I have a "snapshot" so to speak of all the funds/debts in all my other accounts and at the click of a button I can login to those other accounts.

Is there another service online that gives you this facility?

14 Comments

Are they shutting the service down? They only sold the credit card side afaik. I know the egg cards are no longer displayed in MM.

Banned

Shengis

Are they shutting the service down? They only sold the credit card side … Are they shutting the service down? They only sold the credit card side afaik. I know the egg cards are no longer displayed in MM.

^^^^ This

they are still accepting new signups

Original Poster

Savings Accounts can still access, but lead to believe Credit Cards customers won't be able to from Monday?

I found MM to be flaky at the best of times on credit card accounts anyway.

csiman

https://www.ewise.com.au/accunity/aa/home.asp?pid=accunity

accountunity has been designed to take advantage of the security features … accountunity has been designed to take advantage of the security features of Internet Explorer 6

Oh dear....? Didn't think MS actually got as far as security in the dictionary when IE6 was released X)

First Direct Internet Banking Plus - IE only though which is quite sucky. Your logins are stored locally on your PC rather than by the bank, so its not portable

Banned

csiman

accountunity has been designed to take advantage of the security … accountunity has been designed to take advantage of the security features of Internet Explorer 6

I'm giving it a go and seems really good at the moment....................

I see you conveniently missed out this part:-

accountunity has been designed to take advantage of the security features of Internet Explorer 6 or later

Edited by: "csiman" 7th Nov 2011

csiman

I'm giving it a go and seems really good at the … I'm giving it a go and seems really good at the moment....................I see you conveniently missed out this part:- accountunity has been designed to take advantage of the security features of Internet Explorer 6 or later:)

But if it works with IE6 then it must be set at that level? Obviously later versions of IE incorporate IE6 features Probably about as secure as egg. Does this one use the same sort of password safe setup?

Games up....

We are writing to you with some important news about your access to Egg Money Manager. As your account(s) are no longer owned or serviced by Egg, you will no longer be eligible for Egg Money Manager.

What happens next
This communication is to give you notice of the closure of your Egg Money Manager facility and to let you know that after
24 January 2012 you will no longer be able to access your accounts through Egg Money Manager.

What do I need to do
Your Egg Money Manager access will be closed automatically on 24 January 2012. However we suggest you remove the Active X component from your computer. To remove the Active X component from your computer, please follow the instructions in our frequently asked questions

Oh well. I mainly used it to access my Nat West accs, got the android app for that now so sod em.

csiman

Tried that and it doesn't display balances etc. Just get a list of clickable logins.

Banned

Shengis

Tried that and it doesn't display balances etc. Just get a list of … Tried that and it doesn't display balances etc. Just get a list of clickable logins.

still, I use it all the time now and a balance is only one click away. I just click all 10 of my accounts in 10 clicks and opens 10 windows and logs into all of them in seconds.

csiman

still, I use it all the time now and a balance is only one click away. I … still, I use it all the time now and a balance is only one click away. I just click all 10 of my accounts in 10 clicks and opens 10 windows and logs into all of them in seconds.

I thought it was broke lol. Have you checked out Yodlee?
Edited by: "Shengis" 15th Dec 2011

Shengis

I thought it was broke lol. Have you checked out Yodlee?

Mine show's a list of all my balances on the main screen (each account displayed below the related login link). The balance update has to be done manually by linking on the update all balances link.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants