Alternatives to Royal Mail for posting large items?

Hey guys, just a quick question -

I posted an Xbox 360 to someone earlier, it's not particularly large, nor heavy really - yet it cost me £12.99 to send via Royal Mail which seems quite steep?

Are there any easy alternatives worth a look, for sending items of a similar size in future?

Thanks!

7 Comments

google collect+

SuperEd

or google parcel monkey

Collect+ is ok if you can get the buyer to go to a collect+ outlet to pick it up.

Personally I always use Parcel2go with either their HDNL or DHL economy services with insurance to cover the cost of the item.

An Xbox 360 with HDNL, fully trackable, with £100 insurance will be £8.49 + Vat - so £10 or whatever. You get £50 free insurance with everything (as long as it is in their agreed items to insure) and so a base delivery cost with £50 insurance is £6.99 inc vat with HDNL. You can have up to 25kg with that too.

parcel2go prob bout £7

i personally use parcel 2 go but ive recieved a few deliveries from parcell monkey so might use them for lower value bulky items

Try Interparcel from £4.99 . Good for very large or heavy items with their Economy service. I need to send large electronic keyboard flight case, that weighs 9kg and is huge. They quoted £7.99 + VAT.

Original Poster

Huge thanks for the replies guys! Lots of great options - Parcel 2 Go, Parcel Monkey and Interparcel all seem very decent!

Collect+ is a nice idea but not sure it's ideal for actually sending out stuff to other people like this, but thanks for the recommendation on that anyway, it's a nice option, especially for returning stuff back to certain companies.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311389
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767509
    3. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …55
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691428

See more discussions