alton tower accomodation + ticket deals (2 nights - 2 adults 1 infant, 1 baby) how can i find best deals?

15 replies
Found 13th Sep 2016
where can i find the best deals? should i stay on site (be easier with children)
it says they include tickets on the website, not sure if its cheaper using tokens from kellogs etc
thanks

13 Comments

We went through the Alton towers website and decided not to stay on site and glad we didn't. We were talking to someone who was staying in splash landings hotel and they couldn't get tickets to get into splash landings and couldn't get anywhere to eat until 9.30pm. We stayed in best western in Stoke which was about 20 mins away and we had McDonald's, Pizza Hut, morrisons, Frankie and bennys .. Was so glad we did as we could go grab snacks in morrisons.. Others may have had a better experience staying in site tho!

Original Poster

what about parking? considering that cost too

£6 stndard and £16 for express

We used play and stay, you can get 1 day+1 day free, or 2 days and 1 day free. Hotel, breakfast and tickets are included. Once on the website you just fill in the adults, children or infant tickets needed, date of tickets etc. A search will produce several hotels. I believe under 3's are free. We have stayed on site at splash landings, the rooms are very hot. Parking is free when staying onsite. However it is cheaper to stay off site and just pay the parking, which is as you say £6. Kids will love it, absolutely loads for them to do.

I'd recommend staying offsite too, unless of course you're doing it as a special occasion. You get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

What will you be doing for food? I'd recommend their All Day Dining package for one of your days - pay a fixed price then you can eat and drink what you like through the day (some exclusions, but not many). We did it before, had bacon rolls and a muffin on arrival, snacked through the day and then had a full cooked meal at the end of the day - as passholders it cost us £74 for a familyll of 4 (we got 20% discount I think), but the food was good and it was super convenient. It doesn't include the rollercoaster restaurant, which is a bit of a shame - but thats more a gimmick than anything else, the food is average, its just a bit of fun.
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 13th Sep 2016

Out of interest, when are you thinking of going?

And we had the wristbands For the digital photos.. £40 for 2 days but we had loads of photos on each ride and printed the ones we wanted out at home...

karene28

And we had the wristbands For the digital photos.. £40 for 2 days but we … And we had the wristbands For the digital photos.. £40 for 2 days but we had loads of photos on each ride and printed the ones we wanted out at home...

If you'd paid an extra tenner, you could have had this for all the parks for a whole year!

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Out of interest, when are you thinking of going?

september 24th weekend

wakkaday

september 24th weekend

I'd recommend booking Premier Inn Uttoxeter (£141 for 2 nights and only 6-7 miles from the park), then buying tickets online (2 adults, 1 infant & 1 baby for 2 days = £67.56 which works out far cheaper than using Kellogg's tokens.

Splash Landings would cost you £387, so this is a massive saving... this was just a quick search, you'll probably find accommodation even cheaper.

All Day Dining for one day is £55.90 for 2 people - I'm assuming you'd be bringing your own food for the little ones anyway.

Original Poster

Do you think the merlin cards are wroth it or better with these 2-41

Original Poster

I haven't looked into all day dining will do. Thanks for doing the search for me I see the difference

Original Poster

miikeyblue

I'd recommend booking Premier Inn Uttoxeter (£141 for 2 nights and only … I'd recommend booking Premier Inn Uttoxeter (£141 for 2 nights and only 6-7 miles from the park), then buying tickets online (2 adults, 1 infant & 1 baby for 2 days = £67.56 which works out far cheaper than using Kellogg's tokens.Splash Landings would cost you £387, so this is a massive saving... this was just a quick search, you'll probably find accommodation even cheaper.All Day Dining for one day is £55.90 for 2 people - I'm assuming you'd be bringing your own food for the little ones anyway.

For a 3 year old would o need a ticket ? He's 3.5

wakkaday

For a 3 year old would o need a ticket ? He's 3.5

Officially, yes... though you might be able to blag it (oh, he's 3 next week... not that I condone such behaviour )

They don't do all day dining for his age as far as I know - but you could get away with letting him share your food anyway. You can go to any outlet where they wear black t-shirts as many times as you like, but can't return to the same outlet within 30 mins. This includes kiosks, so there's no need to "eat-in", so they can't stop you giving him food.

As for the passes - we got ours using clubcard points then paid £50 to upgrade to premium. This gives us free parking at all the parks, unlimited entry into all Merlin attractions all year round and this year have been worth every penny to us (and definitely better than 2for1s) - though we have really hammered them. If you're likely to make a few trips to the theme parks over the next year I'd definitely say get the passes. Also get access to Warwick Castle, all the Sealife Centres, Blackpool Tower, and a few other little places too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769604
    2. Add one, leave one game54415467
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830

See more discussions