Expired

Alton towers all day dining?!

Found 26th Apr 2014
hi, my family and I are booked to go on a short break to Alton towers in the school summer holidays. there will be 2 adults and 3 children, the park tickets and accommodation are already booked, my question is whether anyone would suggest the all day dining offer is a rip off or food value for money?! it's 80 for a family of 5 and according to their site excludes one restaurant and Ben and jerrys ice cream....thoughts from anyone that has used it please!
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

11 Comments

Sounds good never knew they did that. We normally take sandwiches and have a meal at the end of the day at the Courtyard tavern, we always enjoy it there and that cost us about £50-£60 and we are a family of 5. Thanks for this info will be looking into it more

Edited by: "hgvterry123" 26th Apr 2014

not used a dining pass but you only really need 1 meal in the park, and I'd suggest visiting a local pub for an evening meal. Alton towers food is edible but it's really nothing special, standard theme park affair

Yay just seen that the donuts are included in this, they smell lush when you walk past, but we never buy as we think they are a rip off think it was something like 5 for £5 and for a family of 5 it was way too expensive as they are not that big, so 1 each would never be enough with my lot. Plus you don't need to buy the refill drink thing, and you can have tea or coffee , think they were nearly £2 a cup. Looking forward to going this summer, thanks OP

Original Poster

medoman

not used a dining pass but you only really need 1 meal in the park, and … not used a dining pass but you only really need 1 meal in the park, and I'd suggest visiting a local pub for an evening meal. Alton towers food is edible but it's really nothing special, standard theme park affair

my 2 eldest children eat like pigs!! they are pretty much non stop grazing so I was just wondering if this was a decent deal?! for 5 of us a pizza lunch is always around 40 pounds anyway or an evening tea time meal is at least about 60.....if it includes ice creams and donuts etc for treats it maybe good value?!

We just go to the pizza and pasta place when we are hungry and want a break, the pass does look good value mind.

Original Poster

aircanman

We just go to the pizza and pasta place when we are hungry and want a … We just go to the pizza and pasta place when we are hungry and want a break, the pass does look good value mind.

I haven't been to Alton towers for over 10 years, and of course our trip will be very different this time as it will be focussed on our children rather than the biggest rides etc.....is the food any good? or is it the standard over priced theme park stuff?!

It says £89 for family of 5 so nearly £18 each for all you can eat and drink all day long seems good value as long as they aint little kiddies and get there moneys worth !! , can you buy food in the hotel with it ? or get breakfast ?

Saying that last time i went there was a Mcdonalds and KFC and was same price as high street so quite cheap to eat at
Edited by: "deanos" 26th Apr 2014

boos2405

I haven't been to Alton towers for over 10 years, and of course our trip … I haven't been to Alton towers for over 10 years, and of course our trip will be very different this time as it will be focussed on our children rather than the biggest rides etc.....is the food any good? or is it the standard over priced theme park stuff?!

We went to the pizza pasta place last year on our trip and it was rubbish! Very busy,the place was filthy and good pretty shocking. Its an all you can eat deal but I would not go back,all the fuzzy juiced tasted of slightly gassy flavoured water. A waste of money.

Our 2nd trip last year we went to a different eatery though can't remember the name. Had nice burgers and things,there was a bar in the middle of it(if anyone knows the one I'm talking of)

We are going down again at beginning of July,always try to avoid school holidays.

deanos

It says £89 for family of 5 so nearly £18 each for all you can eat and d … It says £89 for family of 5 so nearly £18 each for all you can eat and drink all day long seems good value as long as they aint little kiddies and get there moneys worth !! , can you buy food in the hotel with it ? or get breakfast ?Saying that last time i went there was a Mcdonalds and KFC and was same price as high street so quite cheap to eat at

No mcdonalds or kfc now!

Original Poster

I may be wrong but I think they got rid of the high street chains like burger king and replaced them with their own restaurants? we get a breakfast included in our hotel stay but a big breakfast at home usually only keeps my 8 year old full until around 10 so maybe with this pass he could get a sandwich at that time and still have a lunch and evening meal? hmmmmm I think I need to double check any restrictions!

Oh right , i haven't been for years !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions