Expired

Alton towers parking?

Found 11th May 2014
Going Alton towers tomorrow 6 pound parking no thanks.. is there somewhere I can park for free or cheaper or get in and avoid paying any help thank you
Community Updates
AskAlton Towers
19 Comments
I parked at the waterpark (I think it's splash monuntain ) and walked over to the main park, this car park was free
humanuk

I parked at the waterpark (I think it's splash monuntain ) and walked … I parked at the waterpark (I think it's splash monuntain ) and walked over to the main park, this car park was free

Not any more! lol
Original Poster
wkc21

Not any more! lol

Damn, still cheaper then the six pound? I'm I allowed to park there
Going thursday didnt no about the £6 charge will be watching this thread!
Original Poster
JackRH1

Going thursday didnt no about the £6 charge will be watching this thread!

Neither did I till today. Its well scandallus. Might have to get change tommorw before I set out
You can't park in the waterpark car park, you have to show waterpark and or hotel passes to get out. Sadly you just have to pay the £6 unless you want to park in Farley and walk a couple of miles to the park? Did you expect the visit to be cheap? Cos it ain't! They love money.
PS you pay the machines on way out.
Original Poster
aircanman

You can't park in the waterpark car park, you have to show waterpark and … You can't park in the waterpark car park, you have to show waterpark and or hotel passes to get out. Sadly you just have to pay the £6 unless you want to park in Farley and walk a couple of miles to the park? Did you expect the visit to be cheap? Cos it ain't! They love money.

Don't expect nothing.. Also quick question do you know if its change only or I can give notes?
Mod
Is it barriers only? If not, park, get a ticket, appeal to POPLA on grounds that it's not a genuine pre-estimate of loss, guaranteed to win appeal and jobs a good one. If it's barriered then you're snookered.

P.S. I didn't tell you this!
oliverkennedy10

Don't expect nothing.. Also quick question do you know if its change only … Don't expect nothing.. Also quick question do you know if its change only or I can give notes?

You have to buy a car parking token from either the ticket desk or the machines. The machines accept coins or notes.
Its a scenario where you have to bite the bullet sadly. The express parking at £16 (I think) is a total rip!

£6 to park all day is obviously just another revenue stream but hey, that's the whole point of AT. Small price to pay for sheer enjoyment though ;o). Going for a couple of days in September, cant wait!
Drooler

Its a scenario where you have to bite the bullet sadly. The express … Its a scenario where you have to bite the bullet sadly. The express parking at £16 (I think) is a total rip!£6 to park all day is obviously just another revenue stream but hey, that's the whole point of AT. Small price to pay for sheer enjoyment though ;o). Going for a couple of days in September, cant wait!

We are making out yearly trip in July,my teens love it!

I have to say I get less and less excited about it the older I get lol

Of course everything about AT is about money but it can be done cheaply. They shouldn't really charge for parking(my opinion) but if you are spending the whole day there 6 quid ain't bad,there are worse rip off things there!!

Let's hope the smiler doesn't constantly break down again whilst we are there again oO
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 11th May 2014
BeerDrinker

Is it barriers only? If not, park, get a ticket, appeal to POPLA on … Is it barriers only? If not, park, get a ticket, appeal to POPLA on grounds that it's not a genuine pre-estimate of loss, guaranteed to win appeal and jobs a good one. If it's barriered then you're snookered.P.S. I didn't tell you this!

For £6. Ok then
takethatfan1978

We are making out yearly trip in July,my teens love it!I have to say I … We are making out yearly trip in July,my teens love it!I have to say I get less and less excited about it the older I get lolOf course everything about AT is about money but it can be done cheaply. They shouldn't really charge for parking(my opinion) but if you are spending the whole day there 6 quid ain't bad,there are worse rip off things there!!Let's hope the smiler doesn't constantly break down again whilst we are there again oO

For me it is what it is, you have to park and £6 isn't too bad. If you stay in the hotel it's free!
takethatfan1978

We are making out yearly trip in July,my teens love it!I have to say I … We are making out yearly trip in July,my teens love it!I have to say I get less and less excited about it the older I get lolOf course everything about AT is about money but it can be done cheaply. They shouldn't really charge for parking(my opinion) but if you are spending the whole day there 6 quid ain't bad,there are worse rip off things there!!Let's hope the smiler doesn't constantly break down again whilst we are there again oO

We went last September and luckily got on Smiler with little queue. No exaggeration, it broke down on the very next car after we got off. Its ridiculous.

On a side note, Ive just read (literally today) John Wardley's book, creating my own Nemesis. Well worth a read!
aircanman

For me it is what it is, you have to park and £6 isn't too bad. If you … For me it is what it is, you have to park and £6 isn't too bad. If you stay in the hotel it's free!

Of course it is which is why I said for a whole day 6 quid isn't bad. I would pay more parking at a concert venue for 4 hours! It certainly wouldn't put me off because of parking,we actually booked the express one on our last trip.

I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times and to be honest I would rather stay at a nice family run b&b a couple of miles away.

Stayed at a beautiful one last year,more expensive then AT hotel but far nicer than room we had there previously!
Drooler

We went last September and luckily got on Smiler with little queue. No … We went last September and luckily got on Smiler with little queue. No exaggeration, it broke down on the very next car after we got off. Its ridiculous. On a side note, Ive just read (literally today) John Wardley's book, creating my own Nemesis. Well worth a read!

We went last July,queued for an hour and a half for smiler and just as we were next in line it broke down. Stuck full of people upside down in blazing heat for 30 mins. Poor sods got handed a bottle of water and a fast track pass- yeah great! We somehow ended up with 6 fast track passes so used them elsewhere. Finally went on the smiler at the end of the day,absolutely bricking it incase it got stuck again. It was I think though shut for at least half the day.

I love Oblivion
I'll pay the 6 quid....but having done that just not spend a penny extra at the park..big packed lunch...and use free sun tickets to get in (which cost me less than a tenner to collect)...have considered the 2 mile walk but doesn't work when you have a child in tow. A reminder...it cost 3 quid to get in in 1981 and car parking was free..
if you do the fast track parking to you get in any quicker like it says
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants