Groups

alton towers: partial refund if an attraction was not running?

hi,
    i went to alton towers 2 days in a raw last week. their best attraction called the oblivion was not running the first day. when called the help line, i was told that it would definitely run the next day. but it didnt.
    i didnt go there next day just for for the oblivion to be honest but i was simply wondering if i am entitled to any soft of refund or partial refund.
    still got the entry tickets
    thanks

16 Comments

in a word nope

From their T&C's

8. Alton Towers Resort will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by visitors. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Theme Park or attractions, close the Theme Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Theme Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment programme, due to capacity, inclement weather or special events, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.

No;

8. Alton Towers Resort will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and … 8. Alton Towers Resort will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by visitors. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Theme Park or attractions, close the Theme Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Theme Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment programme, due to capacity, inclement weather or special events, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.

altontowers.com/pag…dcs

:roll: Beat me to it lol

They all have similar clauses anyway as there's always one ride or something broken down or closed for maintenance etc so they'll constantly be giving out refunds

onlyme23;2994224

in a word nope

I tried very hard & stated that I had travelled miles, but no! Sorry :x They wouldn't even give me as discount for my next visit! Never Again.

Original Poster

thanks guys thats what i thought.

by the way, i thought the attractions would be much better than that. the rides are really short.

all my life i had dreamt of going on a real roller coaster...

do i really have to go to the US to experience the "fast/crazy/upside down" things?

volcom883;2994263

thanks guys thats what i thought.by the way, i thought the attractions … thanks guys thats what i thought.by the way, i thought the attractions would be much better than that. the rides are really short. plus there is no real roller coaster.do i really have to go to the US to experience "that" ?

Without any doubt! Cheaper & better & more fun!

volcom883;2994263

thanks guys thats what i thought.by the way, i thought the attractions … thanks guys thats what i thought.by the way, i thought the attractions would be much better than that. the rides are really short.all my life i had dreamt of going on a real roller coaster...do i really have to go to the US to experience the "fast/crazy/upside down" things?

Big one at Blackpool and the Grand National are probably the closest thing to a proper roller coaster in this country

We don't tend to build the US style coasters in this country do we?

Original Poster

so whats the world's best theme park?

Banned

volcom883;2994290

so whats the world's best theme park?

Easily Cedar Point....It has 17 major roller coasters

Top 10 Theme Parks
    As rated by Coaster Grotto members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Cedar Point
    Ohio, United States 9.4/10
    (543 votes)
    2 Islands of Adventure
    Florida, United States 9.2/10
    (369 votes)
    3 Holiday World
    Indiana, United States 8.9/10
    (137 votes)
    4 PortAventura
    Tarragona, Spain 8.9/10
    (33 votes)
    5 Six Flags Magic Mountain
    California, United States 8.9/10
    (288 votes)
    6 Europa Park
    Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany 8.9/10
    (22 votes)
    7 Busch Gardens Europe
    Virginia, United States 8.8/10
    (310 votes)
    8 Blackpool Pleasure Beach
    Lancashire, United Kingdom 8.8/10
    (112 votes)
    9 Knoebels
    Pennsylvania, United States 8.7/10
    (140 votes)
    10 Alton Towers
    Staffordshire, United Kingdom 8.6/10
    (182 votes)

Parks with less than 10 votes are not included.

Original Poster

i'll look it up thanks

also could you send me the links for the uk's best roller coasters? im curious to see how big(eu size) they are

Zootaga;2994299

Easily Cedar Point....It has 17 major roller coasters

i been there its greatttttttttttttt :thumbsup:

onlyme23;2994353

i been there its greatttttttttttttt :thumbsup:

Jammy git:thumbsup:

Not strictly a Roller Coaster, but Stealth at Thorpe Park is great - particularly if you liked Oblivion at Alton Towers. Thorpe has about the best white knuckle rides in UK nowadays but, otherwise, it's a dump. Far too many 17/18 year old chavs there. :x

Original Poster

hey the Big One looks great!
    so why all the good theme parks in the UK are up in north anyway?
    and why the train tickets in this country cost SOOOOO MUCH money? last year i wanted a return ticket for stoke-on-trent(only 1h30m from london) they quoted me £235! its just crazy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?59
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions