Aluminium beer bottles.

Posted 7th Nov
just returned from Florida, and had a good few beers, most of the popular brands, Corona, bud, miller etc were in aluminium bottles, didn't see any glass bottles.
everything tastes better on holidays in the sunshine, but just wondered why these bottles aren't as common in UK or even Europe!?
and yes, even bud light tastes good when it's freezing cold and the weather is 32c!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
We have them over here, we just call them cans
16 Comments
We have them over here, we just call them cans
There's cans over there too.
Aluminium is better for recycling than glass too
Do you mean aluminium bottles?
Big_Rik07/11/2019 13:55

There's cans over there too.Aluminium is better for recycling than glass …There's cans over there too.Aluminium is better for recycling than glass too

no it’s not, glass they can just take labels off wash and rebottle with much less processing than metal. We just don’t do it like the rest of Europe.

on the other hand every so often bud or corona do them in this country in bottle shaped cans
Agree aluminium bottles are much better than cans, and get much colder than glass. Occasionally see them in Costco.
Glass bottles stay cooler much longer than aluminum cans / bottles
You also see aluminium bottles in theme parks etc as there is no risk of injury from glass. You wouldn't give out glass bottles at these sort of venues. In the UK you sometimes see plastic bottles in venues in place of glass or sometimes cans are used.
Big_Rik07/11/2019 13:55

There's cans over there too.Aluminium is better for recycling than glass …There's cans over there too.Aluminium is better for recycling than glass too

Aluminium cans also have a plastic lining inside, so I think in general glass is better (but is more expensive).
I'll stay with glass bottles.
Never had a bottle aluminium beer, but if it's anything like the plastic beer bottles the flavour is affected.
I think that's an aluminum bottle...
scottishpunter07/11/2019 16:07

Agree aluminium bottles are much better than cans, and get much colder …Agree aluminium bottles are much better than cans, and get much colder than glass. Occasionally see them in Costco.

Only because you drunk them all before they had a chance to cool down!

They'll both get to the same temperature as the refrigerator their put in, and the glass will help keep the beer cooler for longer when you take it out.
melted07/11/2019 17:56

Only because you drunk them all before they had a chance to cool down! …Only because you drunk them all before they had a chance to cool down! (cheeky)They'll both get to the same temperature as the refrigerator their put in, and the glass will help keep the beer cooler for longer when you take it out.

Yeah, might just be the holiday heat and they do go quick!
scottishpunter07/11/2019 16:07

Agree aluminium bottles are much better than cans, and get much colder …Agree aluminium bottles are much better than cans, and get much colder than glass. Occasionally see them in Costco.

how can they possibly get colder than glass? They will cool quicker but also warm quicker but they won’t get colder.
joedastudd07/11/2019 16:55

Never had a bottle aluminium beer, but if it's anything like the plastic …Never had a bottle aluminium beer, but if it's anything like the plastic beer bottles the flavour is affected.

He talking about Bud Light - no flavour is involved

***Seriously though, I'm a home brewer and so know a little about beer, and bud light is brewed with largely flavourless ingredients (presumably) because they are cheaper.
They've tried a few time to sell aluminium bottles but it's never taken off here. To be fair I don't think they put much effort I to promoting them.

Picked up some of the bud on this offer, wasn't that impressedmyself, enjoy bud on tap but never liked it from bottles/cans. hotukdeals.com/dea…745
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants