Groups

am i alergic to nuts ????

and i dont mean the crazy memebers of hukds lol

i love nuts ... all kinds .. almonds, brazils, hazlenuts, walnuts,

and always look forward to christmas cos i get the mixed nuts and fruit

but everytime i eat any ... even if its just a few

i get horrid tummy pains and the trotters ... blush blush

i dont get that anna for lactical shock horror thing lol but wondered if my bodies reaction is allergy
    or do most peeps get guts ache from nuts ???

edit by the way this is only in recent years and seems worse than ever this year!

35 Comments

You'll have to go to the Doctor to find out. People here won't be able to tell you.

Original Poster

nah i wouldnt bother my gp for something this trivial lol :oops:

he has more than enough on his plate

just wondered if anyone else had this reaction to nuts thats all

i would only worry if you got a swelling on your mouth/face ........maybe you just ate too many??lol

Depends on the amount.
    If you eat say 2 kilos it could hurt.
    But a small bag of KP's should be ok.:thumbsup:

Worth finding out as if you are allergic then just because they haven't killed you yet doesn't mean they can't. On the other hand it just could be an intollerance to them.

lots of ppl have an intollerance to some nuts and not all, be worth eating diff ones on diff days and working it out.

Brazils, and hazelnuts are the ones i know ppl to have sensitivity too

Original Poster

lorsmanic;3868572

i would only worry if you got a swelling on your mouth/face … i would only worry if you got a swelling on your mouth/face ........maybe you just ate too many??lol

esq3585;3868581

Depends on the amount.If you eat say 2 kilos it could hurt.But a small … Depends on the amount.If you eat say 2 kilos it could hurt.But a small bag of KP's should be ok.:thumbsup:

lol nope i only had about 6 nuts yesterday and about an hour later the pains started and been having errr problems all night :oops:

Original Poster

Syzable;3868585

Worth finding out as if you are allergic then just because they haven't … Worth finding out as if you are allergic then just because they haven't killed you yet doesn't mean they can't. On the other hand it just could be an intollerance to them.

well i knew i always had erm issues ... with peanuts but not other nuts .. oh well i guess i will have to sit and watch my kids each my precious nuts booo hooo lol

DIVA1977;3868618

lots of ppl have an intollerance to some nuts and not all, be worth … lots of ppl have an intollerance to some nuts and not all, be worth eating diff ones on diff days and working it out.Brazils, and hazelnuts are the ones i know ppl to have sensitivity too

yeah thats a good idea

thanks for your help and opinions everyone xx

You clearly don't have an allergy to nuts, as if you did, you wouldn't be posting this question after consuming so many. You may however have an intolerance to them, so they're best avoided in your case.

Either that, or the nuts you've been eating are contaminated - fairly common to get this with nuts, they harbour bacteria very well.

Sounds like intolerance.
    Mum has those symptoms when she has anything with yeast in.

Can't you get an allergy test where they p.rick/swipe you on the arm with a bunch of different things to see if you have any reaction.

Like the six p.ricks thing you had to get before your BCG vaccination as a kid.

Had to put a full stop in ***** or they censor the non-sweary version of the word.

Banned

moob;3869268

You clearly don't have an allergy to nuts, as if you did, you wouldn't be … You clearly don't have an allergy to nuts, as if you did, you wouldn't be posting this question after consuming so many. You may however have an intolerance to them, so they're best avoided in your case.Either that, or the nuts you've been eating are contaminated - fairly common to get this with nuts, they harbour bacteria very well.

I can consume as many nuts as I like even though I'm allergic to them, still only causes swelling on my lips, tongue, throat and then stomach aches. I get the urge to drink a gallon of milk after wards though. Only allergic to Brazil, Almond and Walnuts.

doubt the traditional skin tolerence test would be of any benefit here, its worth finding out if its just one type of nut tho.
    peanuts have a bacteria which grows on them that releases highly poisonous and carcinogenic chemicals so never touch out of date or "musty" smelling peanuts incl peanut products.
    whilst there may not be any short term problems long term irritation of the bowels can cause cancer and other problems so even if only a bad stomach ensues best avoid.

Banned

seriously go to the GP......

I have an allergy to brazil nuts, swelling of lips, tongue and throat. Even small traces can cause a tingling in lips and tongue. If you just get the sh1ts then don't eat 'em.

Original Poster

maddogb;3869476

doubt the traditional skin tolerence test would be of any benefit here, … doubt the traditional skin tolerence test would be of any benefit here, its worth finding out if its just one type of nut tho.peanuts have a bacteria which grows on them that releases highly poisonous and carcinogenic chemicals so never touch out of date or "musty" smelling peanuts incl peanut products.whilst there may not be any short term problems long term irritation of the bowels can cause cancer and other problems so even if only a bad stomach ensues best avoid.

no the nuts where brand new sealed extra special ones from tesco and i had from two different sorces so cant be the freshness of them i dont think ... also everyone else ate the nuts and noone else gets the tummy problems just me ... started a few years back and has just got increasingly worse it used to be just peanuts but now seems to be any ....

its not serious just anoying because i LOVE nuts lol ... never mind thanks for everyones help and opinions iv taken it all in :santa:

think i must just be intolerant now im older lol

arr well never mind eh worst things could happen like i could be intollerant to larger now there is a disaster!!!!! lol

Original Poster

pugw$sh;3869501

I have an allergy to brazil nuts, swelling of lips, tongue and throat. … I have an allergy to brazil nuts, swelling of lips, tongue and throat. Even small traces can cause a tingling in lips and tongue. If you just get the sh1ts then don't eat 'em.

lool awww poor you xx no i dont get swelling just terrible tummy pains and the trotts very quickly lol :oops:

wonder if the calories dont count :thinking: cos they exit quicker than they enter lol

Banned

nicki3668;3869525

lool awww poor you xx no i dont get swelling just terrible tummy pains … lool awww poor you xx no i dont get swelling just terrible tummy pains and the trotts very quickly lol :oops:wonder if the calories dont count :thinking: cos they exit quicker than they enter lol

chew the nuts then spit them out :?

Original Poster

lumoruk;3869720

chew the nuts then spit them out :?

not sure i have the will power lol :? but clever idea lol

lumoruk;3869388

I can consume as many nuts as I like even though I'm allergic to them, … I can consume as many nuts as I like even though I'm allergic to them, still only causes swelling on my lips, tongue, throat and then stomach aches. I get the urge to drink a gallon of milk after wards though. Only allergic to Brazil, Almond and Walnuts.

Well, in that case, you don't have a pronounced allergy - a true allergic reaction in terms of a nut allergy produces significantly more serious side effects. Yours sounds pretty weird however, similar side effects, but no anaphylaxis.

moob;3869747

Well, in that case, you don't have a pronounced allergy - a true allergic … Well, in that case, you don't have a pronounced allergy - a true allergic reaction in terms of a nut allergy produces significantly more serious side effects. Yours sounds pretty weird however, similar side effects, but no anaphylaxis.

i was thinking that as a mere sliver of brazil last year in a cereal bar ended up with me in hospital for 24hrs, and swelling!!!, didn't recognise myself in the mirror lol

Banned

moob;3869747

Well, in that case, you don't have a pronounced allergy - a true allergic … Well, in that case, you don't have a pronounced allergy - a true allergic reaction in terms of a nut allergy produces significantly more serious side effects. Yours sounds pretty weird however, similar side effects, but no anaphylaxis.

That's like saying people who sneeze when the pollen count is high don't have hay fever, allergic reactions take many different forms. I have a very bad reaction to dust mites and cats (I've been tested at hospital) which causes me to wheeze with dust mites and get itchy eyes with cats. I also suffer from hay fever. I have been left with severe red eyes in the summer sometimes only one eye has been red. They put me on the strongest steroids to calm them down, as no over the counter stuff works. I never sneeze, a guy at work gets blocked ears when the pollen count is high. I have gone into a vet once and came out gasping for air my chest was so tight. Mostly though I just get a slight wheeze when breathing polluted air, and yes I also have asthma and eczema. The three go together apparently.

lumoruk;3870218

That's like saying people who sneeze when the pollen count is high don't … That's like saying people who sneeze when the pollen count is high don't have hay fever, allergic reactions take many different forms. I have a very bad reaction to dust mites and cats (I've been tested at hospital) which causes me to wheeze with dust mites and get itchy eyes with cats. I also suffer from hay fever. I have been left with severe red eyes in the summer sometimes only one eye has been red. They put me on the strongest steroids to calm them down, as no over the counter stuff works. I never sneeze, a guy at work gets blocked ears when the pollen count is high. I have gone into a vet once and came out gasping for air my chest was so tight. Mostly though I just get a slight wheeze when breathing polluted air, and yes I also have asthma and eczema. The three go together apparently.

That's why I used the word 'pronounced'.

Original Poster

lumoruk;3870218

That's like saying people who sneeze when the pollen count is high don't … That's like saying people who sneeze when the pollen count is high don't have hay fever, allergic reactions take many different forms. I have a very bad reaction to dust mites and cats (I've been tested at hospital) which causes me to wheeze with dust mites and get itchy eyes with cats. I also suffer from hay fever. I have been left with severe red eyes in the summer sometimes only one eye has been red. They put me on the strongest steroids to calm them down, as no over the counter stuff works. I never sneeze, a guy at work gets blocked ears when the pollen count is high. I have gone into a vet once and came out gasping for air my chest was so tight. Mostly though I just get a slight wheeze when breathing polluted air, and yes I also have asthma and eczema. The three go together apparently.

hunny ignore moob he is a know it all pain in my rear end lol and he knows i cant stand him so why he posts in my threads is beyond me :roll:

nicki3668;3871010

hunny ignore moob he is a know it all pain in my rear end lol and he … hunny ignore moob he is a know it all pain in my rear end lol and he knows i cant stand him so why he posts in my threads is beyond me :roll:

That's a bit harsh considering I posted helpful information in your thread.

I posted here because I have knowledge on this front, due to my degree, and because of my job, I have come across things like this, I work as an Environmental Health Officer.

You're rather ungrateful and insulting - which is a shame.:whistling:

Original Poster

moob;3871342

That's a bit harsh considering I posted helpful information in your … That's a bit harsh considering I posted helpful information in your thread.I posted here because I have knowledge on this front, due to my degree, and because of my job, I have come across things like this, I work as an Environmental Health Officer.You're rather ungrateful and insulting - which is a shame.:whistling:

kiss my left buttock cheek!!!!!!!!!!!! horrid little know it all :thumbsup:

im the spawn of Vicki Pollard ... REMEMBER! :x

Eat like 10,000 nuts in 24 hours and if you die you are probably allergic to nuts. If you don't die you are probably OK.

Original Poster

The JFK;3871711

Eat like 10,000 nuts in 24 hours and if you die you are probably allergic … Eat like 10,000 nuts in 24 hours and if you die you are probably allergic to nuts. If you don't die you are probably OK.

pmsl thats actually very funny :lol:

Original Poster

nikkib123;3871798

Cheaper than a colonic Nic!

hahahahaha loool

i swear iv lost 5Lbs :? lol oh well makes up for all the carp iv downloaded this christmas lol :oops:

Original Poster

nikkib123;3871833

Yep I started the day with chocolate and I am still munching on it ha ha … Yep I started the day with chocolate and I am still munching on it ha ha :-D

lol tell me about it !!

i keep telling me daughter to please TAKE THE ROSES TIN AWAY! hahaha

nicki3668;3871675

kiss my left buttock cheek!!!!!!!!!!!! horrid little know it all … kiss my left buttock cheek!!!!!!!!!!!! horrid little know it all :thumbsup:

No thanks - with you being the mother of 4 and the ripe old age of 40, that's not an appealing thought.

Maybe you could know it all one day - it's never too late to go back to school you know, just imagine what you could do with that GCSE.:thumbsup:

nicki3668;3871675

im the spawn of Vicki Pollard ... REMEMBER! :x

Yeah but, no, but - you're doing nothing to disprove it.

Original Poster

moob;3871977

No thanks - with you being the mother of 4 and the ripe old age of 40, … No thanks - with you being the mother of 4 and the ripe old age of 40, that's not an appealing thought. Maybe you could know it all one day - it's never too late to go back to school you know, just imagine what you could do with that GCSE.:thumbsup:Yeah but, no, but - you're doing nothing to disprove it.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"] SO I TAKE IT YOU KNOW IT ALL THEN ?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

LOOOOOOOOOOOL :giggle:

It was you that said that, I never disagreed.

nicki3668;3868547

nah i wouldnt bother my gp for something this trivial lol :oops:he has … nah i wouldnt bother my gp for something this trivial lol :oops:he has more than enough on his plate just wondered if anyone else had this reaction to nuts thats all

Very sensible.

NHS will only do allergy tests if possible severe symptoms. Does sound like an intolerance, not an allergy.

iglimpse;3876416

Very sensible.NHS will only do allergy tests if possible severe symptoms. … Very sensible.NHS will only do allergy tests if possible severe symptoms. Does sound like an intolerance, not an allergy.

Yeah, that's what I told her before she got all abusive.:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is11
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio710

See more discussions