Expired

AM I ALLOWED TO FILM MY SON PLAYING FOOTBALL

Found 11th Dec 2011
My son had a game of football today and I always film him playing. While filming today a "woman" came over and said I should not be filming because I should have asked every parent and got them to sign a form prior to any filming, I said that this is a public field on a sports centre and said I believed that I was able to film as this was not private property, but I stoped anyway.
I was very annoyed as this is just pathetic as it was clear I was a parent filming my son.
I think she was just cheesed off as we thrashed them about 20-0 in the end! lol

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE LAW IS?

119 Comments

Banned

Am i allowed to film your son playing football?

Hang on how did she see the camera hidden in your raincoat?
Edited by: "churchill" 11th Dec 2011

Original Poster

yes

Banned

20-0? Paying against Leicester was he? X)

Original Poster

you look quite respectful in your pic!

While filming today a "woman" came over

Man?

Original Poster

this was under 8s football

Original Poster

Dehumanization

Man?

beast

Jesus Christ, why are you annoyed.....do you really want every pervert in the country turning up with recording equipment every time theres a football/netball match?

How did she know you was "Just a parent filming your son" and not a pervert?

Original Poster

transit

Jesus Christ, why are you annoyed.....do you really want every pervert in … Jesus Christ, why are you annoyed.....do you really want every pervert in the country turning up with recording equipment every time theres a football/netball match?

I am with my 4 year old daughter and im talking to my son during half times ... quite clear im a parent

Original Poster

Toasthduk

How did she know you was "Just a parent filming your son" and not a … How did she know you was "Just a parent filming your son" and not a pervert?

know what you mean .... but what is the law?

Gavinh1

I am with my 4 year old daughter and im talking to my son during half … I am with my 4 year old daughter and im talking to my son during half times ... quite clear im a parent

and no convicted pervert is a parent obviously

My daughters school required us to sign a consent form for them to have there picture taken by the press ect

From reading the article below it appears you can, unless the sports centre (owner of the land) has placed any restrictions of photography / filming, which is not likely.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…law

Should of told her to keep her son away from CCTV its everywhere and never asks permission. Silly bint.

Gavinh1

I am with my 4 year old daughter and im talking to my son during half … I am with my 4 year old daughter and im talking to my son during half times ... quite clear im a parent

Doesnt matter, you're stating you're annoyed yet the rules are in place to protect the kids, your own included.

Original Poster

Toasthduk

So every photo and every video should be banned as you might catch … So every photo and every video should be banned as you might catch someone in the back groundJust a very sad state if we have to act like this in my opinionand no convicted pervert is a parent obviously

Seriously people, how is this got anything to do with his question? Get a life. The fact it turns to such a horrible topic tells you everything about the members that have resorted to it.

Disgusting.

Banned

To be fair i would never have agreed with people that say you cant film.

But now i have a daughter i dont want peados filming her at football matches, plays or anywhere else. I will however still film and wont be told i cant she is my daughter and i want films of her in school plays and such. If i see someone else filming their going to eat their camera

Original Poster

transit

I think it was the manner of the lady concerned, very rude and … I think it was the manner of the lady concerned, very rude and abruptDoesnt matter, you're stating you're annoyed yet the rules are in place to protect the kids, your own included.

Banned

DarrylJohn

Seriously people, how is this got anything to do with his question? Get a … Seriously people, how is this got anything to do with his question? Get a life. The fact it turns to such a horrible topic tells you everything about the members that have resorted to it.Disgusting.

Leicester are crap though.

Banned

transit

Doesnt matter, you're stating you're annoyed yet the rules are in place … Doesnt matter, you're stating you're annoyed yet the rules are in place to protect the kids, your own included.

What rules would they be?

OP you can film if you like, there is no law that says you can't, if its private property then the owners might say you can't, but on public ground you can film all you want.

Original Poster

churchill

To be fair i would never have agreed with people that say you cant … To be fair i would never have agreed with people that say you cant film.But now i have a daughter i dont want peados filming her at football matches, plays or anywhere else. I will however still film and wont be told i cant she is my daughter and i want films of her in school plays and such. If i see someone else filming their going to eat their camera

lol yea with you there

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Leicester are crap though.

JonnyTellingTruth

pretty sure you dont need consent to film in a public place. Thats what they say in the police shows anyway when people object to being filmed. I've filmed my kids loads with no problem.

its the world gone mad! if she didnt want you to film she should have taken her son away!

i have loads of pics of my older kids mates when little and they love to see them when theyre growing up-what a lot of memories this younger generation will miss out on..

Mention it to a club official and see what their code of conduct says....

FA guidelines

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhatWeDo/FootballSafe/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/PhotographyGuidelines.ashx/PhotographyGuidelines.pdf
Edited by: "gari189" 11th Dec 2011

Original Poster

plumberman01

its the world gone mad! if she didnt want you to film she should have … its the world gone mad! if she didnt want you to film she should have taken her son away!i have loads of pics of my older kids mates when little and they love to see them when theyre growing up-what a lot of memories this younger generation will miss out on..

exactly , sad really

Original Poster

It was the way I was told, she was very rude and I would have respected her more with a little manners. She also told me she is the welfare officer for the club so "SHE SHOULD KNOW" lol
BS in my opinion

colinsunderland

What rules would they be?OP you can film if you like, there is no law … What rules would they be?OP you can film if you like, there is no law that says you can't, if its private property then the owners might say you can't, but on public ground you can film all you want.

Did the OP get permission from the other parents to have their childrens faces on the recording?

dcx_badass

Film to your hearts desire, you should have filmed her saying it all.I … Film to your hearts desire, you should have filmed her saying it all.I imagine not, but as you don't need to get that it's irrelevant.

Ok lets just assume he's blurred out the faces then.

Banned

transit

Did the OP get permission from the other parents to have their childrens … Did the OP get permission from the other parents to have their childrens faces on the recording?

I don't know, I'm not the OP, but why would he? If you walk down the street does a copper come running up to you and ask you to sign a form to say they can film your face on the cctv camera at the end of the road? Which rules were you talking about?

Why would he want to blur out the faces?

transit

Did the OP get permission from the other parents to have their childrens … Did the OP get permission from the other parents to have their childrens faces on the recording?

Well you dont have to get permission as far as I know. You do however have to give notification if it will be used as evidence for anything thats why places like shops, but also parks that have cctv always have a sign at the entrance pointing out the fact.

The only other point, is the land a public space or not?

Go blues! ....

colinsunderland

I don't know, I'm not the OP, but why would he? If you walk down the … I don't know, I'm not the OP, but why would he? If you walk down the street does a copper come running up to you and ask you to sign a form to say they can film your face on the cctv camera at the end of the road? Which rules were you talking about?Why would he want to blur out the faces?

It's actually a violation under data protection law. (_;)
Edited by: "transit" 11th Dec 2011

World gone mad.

Banned

transit

Jesus Christ, why are you annoyed.....do you really want every pervert in … Jesus Christ, why are you annoyed.....do you really want every pervert in the country turning up with recording equipment every time theres a football/netball match?

Why would paedos bother filming kids with their clothes on? If everyone's going to be this paranoid, it shouldn't matter if consent is given to film or not. No one should be allowed to film any kids, anywhere, at any time. All the kids on CBBC should be blurred out. Kids should be let out of school one at a time at designated 2 minute intervals so that no one's child is seen by their friend's undoubtedly perverted parents

Or everyone can just chill out a bit.

Banned

transit

It's actually a violation under data protection law. (_;)

oh dear

dunfyboy

Why would paedos bother filming kids with their clothes on? If everyone's … Why would paedos bother filming kids with their clothes on? If everyone's going to be this paranoid, it shouldn't matter if consent is given to film or not. No one should be allowed to film any kids, anywhere, at any time. All the kids on CBBC should be blurred out. Kids should be let out of school one at a time at designated 2 minute intervals so that no one's child is seen by their friend's undoubtedly perverted parents

A bit extreme, but yeah you have a point.

i was told I couldn't take pictures of my grandson playing football, under 8's..... yet, when the game had finished everyone was invited to come and take pictures/video (trophy presentation)..... still trying to figure that one out.

As an appointed person (youth coordinator at a cricket club) for this sort of thing:

You do need to have permission.
It is a really, REALLY ropey area nowadays.... You should have permission from YOUR club to film, who in turn need to have permission from the club you are playing.

We have recently had a case down here (affecting another club not mine may i add) that had a gent taking pictures of the games. it was assumed he was a relative or from the press.... He has been taking the heads of the young lads from the photos and pasting them onto indecent images.

I have had the issue pop up whilst umpiring a match, but as it turned out the person taking the photos was the grandparent of the child batting.

Clubs need to be so SO careful nowadays.
Ask if it is ok with the coach, who should then ask the opposition coach if he has any problems with it.
Edited by: "Jetpac" 11th Dec 2011

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.