Groups

Am I an Idiot?

I've just cleaned my new car and used a soft dish scourer to clean my dirty 19 inch alloys and upon rinsing and drying I've noticed that I have put tiny scratches all over each alloy!!!!

What are my options to get rid of them?

I feel like an idiot!

16 Comments

T cut?

A refurb. lol:-D

Original Poster

Mijooly;4514600

T cut?

on alloys?

Reminds me of when I was cleaning my vw golf gti a few years back - I didn't notice that a staple was still attached to the chamois(shammy) leather (which was new). I noticed after a few mins and sorted it out quickly.

Always had a couple of hairline scratches on the roof paintwork if you see it from a certain angle in the light

hmmm. tcut may help but get the finest you can. Alloys have a clear laquer on them, it is that you have scratched. if you are lucky the might polish out. if not live with. or have them blasted and recoated.

think;4514605

on alloys?

Banned

drive down a dusty lane, you wont see them until you next clean

Original Poster

Since having the car, I've been so careful having to have 100% concentration on the road just to avoid the pot holes that are everywhere...so far, no damage to edge of alloys, just my own fault of being heavy handed...will try the T-Cut thansk for all your replys...

Blow Torch OR THIShttp://www.essexcountymotorsports.com/Pictures/Detailed/Explorer/hot_rims2.jpg

Yes you are !!!

turn them around

think;4514637

Since having the car, I've been so careful having to have 100% … Since having the car, I've been so careful having to have 100% concentration on the road just to avoid the pot holes that are everywhere...so far, no damage to edge of alloys, just my own fault of being heavy handed...will try the T-Cut thansk for all your replys...

I would try a small area first, I think T Cut may be too abrasive.

:w00t:

deanos;4514685

turn them around

:w00t:

lol done that before with something else cant remember

edit: oh yes my bike it had loads of dust on it so i thought cleaning it would be ok

i wouldnt care less......my alloys are so kerbed its a joke..... but good luck to ya!

this could have helped.
    hotukdeals.com/ite…ko/

If the wheels aren't kurbed then you can simply get them re -lacquered by a wheel refurb place for about £20.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846164
      2. What do these 2 men have in common68
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?30134
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764204

See more discussions