Groups

Am i Being Had ???

H im wondering if anyone can shed some light on my predicament

My broadband supplier pipex took £25 from my account today, my usual paymet is only £10

when i eventually got the correct department to find some help i was informed that i should have received a letter in the post explaining that because of the company merging with talk talk my Deal would now be £20 a month

I tried to explain to them that i was not aware of this and i had received no such letter and damn well hadnt agreed to it

I was then told that to negotiate no a lower price i would need to start a new 12 month contract which i was not prepared to do at all

Is this even legal ???

Any help would be massively helpful

Thank you

16 Comments

think they have broken the terms of your agreement with them, thus you are free to leave and join someone else.
    dont forget topcashback.com and get some cashback as well as probably a cheaper deal than £20 / £25 pm

dont think so just leave very unfair

SuperEd

im not 100% sure but if they up your monthly payment you can get out of the contract, i had this with virgin and was only 5 months in the contract,they told me they are putting the price up.I quoted terms n cond that they cant do this and i can leave contract for free

terms n con on talk talk

Changing Our Charges
    8.17 We shall be entitled to amend our Charges or change the Tariff Plan you are on from time to time and we will notify you
    of such changes by making the amended list of Charges available on our Website or by notifying you when you call
    Customer Services. If Charges are decreased this will be reflected in your next bill. Should we increase the Charges we
    shall provide you with thirty (30) days notice of such increase and the increase will take effect from the end of that
    period. In this instance you may, in accordance with and subject to the provisions of clauses 9 and 14.1, be entitled to
    terminate our Services made available under these Conditions.

Changing these Conditions
    14.1 We may change these Conditions at any time for legal, regulatory or commercial reasons. We will notify you of all such
    changes in writing and/or by publishing them on our Website ([url]www.talktalk.ie[/url]). To the extent that such changes are to
    your material detriment or relate to an increase in the charges, we will give you at least thirty (30) days notice of such
    changes by writing to you and/or publishing them on our Website, or providing them on our Customer Services
    telephone line by way of a recorded message. If you object to such changes you may be able to terminate your
    Contract at any time in accordance with the provisions of clause 9 by giving us not less than 7 days’ notice.

]http//ww…pdf para 8.17 + 14.1

hope this helps

Supermod

You should have been notified of the merger/takeover. If you can prove to them that you have not received this then this would be the basis of your argument.

Although, they cannot alter an integral part of your contract without your prior consent. Such an unauthorised change as payments are, this could potentially mean a breach of the contract on their part.

this sounds all too familiar! just left tiscali/talk talk for the same reason!

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8142747

im not 100% sure but if they up your monthly payment you can get out of … im not 100% sure but if they up your monthly payment you can get out of the contract, i had this with virgin and was only 5 months in the contract,they told me they are putting the price up.I quoted terms n cond that they cant do this and i can leave contract for freeterms n con on talk talkChanging Our Charges8.17 We shall be entitled to amend our Charges or change the Tariff Plan you are on from time to time and we will notify youof such changes by making the amended list of Charges available on our Website or by notifying you when you callCustomer Services. If Charges are decreased this will be reflected in your next bill. Should we increase the Charges weshall provide you with thirty (30) days notice of such increase and the increase will take effect from the end of thatperiod. In this instance you may, in accordance with and subject to the provisions of clauses 9 and 14.1, be entitled toterminate our Services made available under these Conditions.]http://www.talktalk.ie/docs/t&c.pdf para 8.17

Ive been with them for years so i can leave at any time i was just Really Really Really angry, i told them to cancel my account and they said they would switch off immediately , but seen as im typing this connected to it then they obviously have not done ....

i dont want to keep paying them this outrageous price and dont seem to be getting anywhere with there phone idiots

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8142792

You should have been notified of the merger/takeover. If you can prove to … You should have been notified of the merger/takeover. If you can prove to them that you have not received this then this would be the basis of your argument. Although, they cannot alter an integral part of your contract without your prior consent. Such an unauthorised change as payments are, this could potentially mean a breach of the contract on their part.

How do i prove i have not received a letter ? These idiots didnt seem to believe me when i told them over the phone

Supermod

Andi Keane;8142870

How do i prove i have not received a letter ? These idiots didnt seem to … How do i prove i have not received a letter ? These idiots didnt seem to believe me when i told them over the phone

Ask them to send you a copy and then check the date, address etc.

wow a double whammy you have had a 100% price hike and you have been lumbered with talktalk. My advice go with bethere.co.uk I was getting 6mb's with talktalk when I should of been getting 8mb now I'm synching at 18-19mb.

Andi Keane;8142848

Ive been with them for years so i can leave at any time i was just … Ive been with them for years so i can leave at any time i was just Really Really Really angry, i told them to cancel my account and they said they would switch off immediately , but seen as im typing this connected to it then they obviously have not done ....i dont want to keep paying them this outrageous price and dont seem to be getting anywhere with there phone idiots

oooo no, don't just canel like that, ask for a mac code, took me all of a week from asking for my mac to being connected to new isp. mac = hopefully not much time off line! (5mins for me!!!) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8142893

Ask them to send you a copy and then check the date, address etc.

I see thank you for your help, and from everyone else

But seen as they wouldnt send me a email or letter or even reference number to confirm they have cancelled my account I wont hold my breath :x

Andi Keane;8142944

I see thank you for your help, and from everyone elseBut seen as they … I see thank you for your help, and from everyone elseBut seen as they wouldnt send me a email or letter or even reference number to confirm they have cancelled my account I wont hold my breath :x

You had better keep typing because if you have cancelled you could be sans broadband any minute
    Get a MAC code and move

Original Poster

DEALWARRIOR;8143016

You had better keep typing because if you have cancelled you could be … You had better keep typing because if you have cancelled you could be sans broadband any minuteGet a MAC code and move

I think i tould them that i had a moblie broadband thingy so il cope, I was more intent on telling them to Go Funk them self (i may get cable anyhow) I just want to know from anyone experience how to best deal with cancelling

Speak to Otelo and complain further to Tiscali (would give you highest level address but at home right now, although think i've posted it on HUKD before). Escalate your complaint on the basis that you never got the letter. Otelo cant do anything until after 8 weeks though but it's definitely something that can be investigated.

Knew i'd put on here before:

Customer Management Team
    Tiscali Customer Services
    PO Box 15322
    Birmingham
    B46 9BU

Mayb talk to your bank too and explain that your agreement has been broke as they have taken more money out than what u agreed to. I`m with plusnet and you can leave whenever u want.

Banned

i think they should have notified you before any changes just leave them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764199
      3. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!11
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1523

See more discussions