Groups

Am I being scammed?

Browsing ebay for a £1000 laptop and saw this going:D
    Item number: 220136330912
    I knew straight away this looked fishy but i went for it anyway, guy had good feedback. Sent pms to find out and no responce at all, 2 weeks later he decides to make a dispute!?!?
    Now im guessing this is how it works. The guy uses paypal for everything except for this item.
    1) I pay up He wont send the item and not covered by paypal.
    2) If i dont pay i'l end up having the collection agency on my ass.

Just a guess or am i thinking too much? lol, what does everyone think?

18 Comments

essexlad

Browsing ebay for a £1000 laptop and saw this going:D Item number: … Browsing ebay for a £1000 laptop and saw this going:D Item number: 220136330912 I knew straight away this looked fishy but i went for it anyway, guy had good feedback. Sent pms to find out and no responce at all, 2 weeks later he decides to make a dispute!?!?Now im guessing this is how it works. The guy uses paypal for everything except for this item. 1) I pay up He wont send the item and not covered by paypal. 2) If i dont pay i'l end up having the collection agency on my ass.Just a guess or am i thinking too much? lol, what does everyone think?

1) It was only purchased 1 week ago not 2

2) You've agreed to buy so you've entered a contract to do so. Doubt he's a scammer, he's a Power Seller with good(ish) Feedback.

p.s - if i hadn't received payment from you after 7 days i'd also open a non-paying dispute with you.

cheque book? credit card? im only 16 so im not sure about cheque books being able to charge back with a credit card am i right in seeing this is less then £30?

Looks very dodgy to me, Why would someone sell a mint condition laptop for £28?

He also has it set to £27 postage, So if you wanted a refund he wouldn't refund postage costs.

"If somethings to good to be true it probably is".

I'd walk away personally!, So the contract, You aren't going to get that laptop!

His latest feedback suggests its dodgy.

"item sent back, not replaced, full of promises, no money back, LIAR THIEF & SCUM"

Actually looking into it further, don't pay and report to eBay. He sold it again the next day. :thumbsup:

essexlad

Browsing ebay for a £1000 laptop and saw this going:D Item number: … Browsing ebay for a £1000 laptop and saw this going:D Item number: 220136330912 I knew straight away this looked fishy but i went for it anyway, guy had good feedback. Sent pms to find out and no responce at all, 2 weeks later he decides to make a dispute!?!?Now im guessing this is how it works. The guy uses paypal for everything except for this item. 1) I pay up He wont send the item and not covered by paypal. 2) If i dont pay i'l end up having the collection agency on my ass.Just a guess or am i thinking too much? lol, what does everyone think?

Are you on something?:?
    What part of 99.0% positive feedback is good? When I went to School 100% was good.
    You ain't even paid for it have you? Why buy it if you had no intention of paying?
    Another thing, have a look at their 'me' page.

Iom-RF

"item sent back, not replaced, full of promises, no money back, LIAR … "item sent back, not replaced, full of promises, no money back, LIAR THIEF & SCUM"

The bloke that left that was a bit of a plank. PAYPAL was the only method of payment and the seller is verified with £500 cover so he should just claim. :?

dinosteveus

What part of 99.0% positive feedback is good? When I went to School 100% … What part of 99.0% positive feedback is good? When I went to School 100% was good.

When i went to school 100% was perfect and if you scored 99% that would still be classed as good. Where'd you go.........Borstal. ;-) :lol:

This really cracked me up:-

[COLOR=red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]Warning:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] if you place a bid and do not pay within [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]3[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] days of the auction ending you will receive a EBAYERS non bidding payment and [COLOR=#ff0010]E[COLOR=#00429a]B[/COLOR][COLOR=#fffe38]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#007e46]Y[/COLOR] [/COLOR]will close your account.If you have less than [COLOR=#ff0010]5 [/COLOR]feedback please email us before bidding or your bid will be removed and blocked[/FONT][/COLOR]

I nearly wet myself laughing so hard. What a jerk.

Syzable

When i went to school 100% was perfect and if you scored 99% that would … When i went to school 100% was perfect and if you scored 99% that would still be classed as good. Where'd you go.........Borstal. ;-) :lol:

How did you know? :thinking: :thinking:

Lol what grammar

Syzable

The bloke that left that was a bit of a plank. PAYPAL was the only method … The bloke that left that was a bit of a plank. PAYPAL was the only method of payment and the seller is verified with £500 cover so he should just claim. :?

Sure he'd appreciate the message!

dinosteveus

How did you know? :thinking: :thinking:

It was me tapping on the wall next door all night. :oops:

Syzable

It was me tapping on the wall next door all night. :oops:

Flippin eck, I thought it was the Cockroaches trying to get me :w00t: :w00t:

If it had of been a genuine deal he wouldn't have put it on BIN for 99p even with the expensive postage it's way too cheap.

Strange he`s a power seller but has nothing else for sale!:thinking:

The scam is that only the 99p is refundable when it doesn't get delivered.
    And to think that my genuine auction got deleted and this didn't?? Says it all really :-(

Look at his completed auctions:

After he listed and you won the laptop for 99p he listed another one that went onto sell for £345.

Your auction:

DELL PRECISION M90 CENTRINO DUO 2GHZ,WIFI,DVDRW,17.3TFT
    Bids: Buy It Now
    End Price: £0.99
    Postage: £27.49
    End Date: 02-Aug 04:14

Following auction:

DELL PRECISION M90 CENTRINO DUO 2GHZ,WIFI,DVDRW,17.3TFT
    Bids: 8
    End Price: £345.83
    Postage: £34.98
    End Date: 03-Aug 23:10

At first instance one would suspect that listing the laptop at 99p BIN was a mistake, but the fact that he's not replied in a week suggests that either he's very lazy or something's up. I would just keep trying to contact him and once you get in touch question the listing and the other laptop and ask him what the hell he's playing at messing you about like this.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​44
      2. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked44
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716

See more discussions