Groups

Am i being stupid - Council Tax question

Right my Tax will be 925.09.
    Now students dont pay tax.
    So if i were to do a course that cost less (than the tax) would i have to pay tax on top?

10 Comments

Original Poster

jellybaby22;3058201

full time students dont pay council tax.....

Only full time?

what happens if your missus is a full time student? (but I work)

Paddy_o_furniture;3058222

what happens if your missus is a full time student? (but I work)

You get a 25% discount I think.

wilbur7;3058228

You get a 25% discount I think.

Ooh, someone owes me some money then (I hope)

jellybaby22;3058233

you would qualify for a second adult rebate....

So I pay the single person council tax thing?

How come no one told me about this? How far back can I claim (if can back claim)

lol unlucky paddy but generally benefits only apply from when you claim them so get moving

maddogb;3058278

lol unlucky paddy but generally benefits only apply from when you claim … lol unlucky paddy but generally benefits only apply from when you claim them so get moving

They'd be quick enough to claim back any money I owed them, swines! Will phone them monday

jellybaby22;3058283

you can get it backdated for the previous 52 weeks...IF you can prove … you can get it backdated for the previous 52 weeks...IF you can prove there is a good reason you were not claiming...eg.. you were given wrong advice...from 6 october 08 the backdated period will only be 6 months..so hury and speak to someonenot knowing you could claim though is not usually a valid reason....

My goldfish ate the forms? Nah really, I just asked her and she still knows nothing about it, she'll ask at Uni Monday

Original Poster

i have 2 friends who are doing PT masters and they are under the assumption they get it for free. Oh no.

Thanks for your help jelly
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846220
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317

See more discussions