Am I getting scammed on shpock ?

Posted 20th Nov
bought a PS4 from a seller on Shpock, sent him the money through paypal, told me it's dispatched at 10 minutes after I sent payment , asked him for confirmation doesn't reply , next day he tells me I should receive Friday from 12 + 1 pm, asked him for receipt or anything doesn't send or tell me nothing.

now he is selling the same identical PS4( picture only at a different angle on another account )

is this definite scam so I can move on with my life ?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
If it's via PayPal , open a dispute
Something doesn’t seem right but just wait and see. You can open a PayPal dispute and get a refund.
Probably. I always use cash on sites like Shpock.

Give it a few days, if you want, and then open a dispute.
Was it PayPal gift or PayPal goods and services? If goods and services you've got nothing to worry about.
He might have 2 ps4 so don't worry.
Wait for the day he tells you and if he carries on report him to spock and PayPal
How much did you buy it for?
Seems iffy if hes got two accounts. Or maybe somebodys nicked his original photo and they're the ones trying to scam people unless hes got the same name on both accounts? How long does it say hes been a member?
If you paid via PayPal least you have some come back as long as it wasn't gifted.
Always one who’s willing to take the hook
Is this one where you get tracking number and junk in a box turns up. Or duff playstation. Think I'd be messaging PayPal. Learn from this
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Nov
Toon_army21/11/2019 04:59

Seems iffy if hes got two accounts. Or maybe somebodys nicked his original …Seems iffy if hes got two accounts. Or maybe somebodys nicked his original photo and they're the ones trying to scam people unless hes got the same name on both accounts? How long does it say hes been a member?If you paid via PayPal least you have some come back as long as it wasn't gifted.

He's been a member since 2016 on his other account and the one he sold me his is pretty recent account .

Another thing he's using a different PayPal now as he was telling me
I guess you'll find out tomorrow if it comes between 12 - 1pm. Weigh the parcel before opening it and film whilst opening to show the contents.
You still haven't answered the previous question 'did you pay by PayPal gift or PayPal goods'
It makes a big difference if you've been scammed!
This thread seems a little premature to me, he might be busy or lazy, panic tomorrow if it doesn't turn up.
porsche911turbo21/11/2019 10:24

You still haven't answered the previous question 'did you pay by PayPal …You still haven't answered the previous question 'did you pay by PayPal gift or PayPal goods'It makes a big difference if you've been scammed!

PayPal goods
DinnoRon21/11/2019 12:20

PayPal goods

Then don't worry to much, if he's got any sense and was trying to scam you he'd use a method of PayPal where you can't make a charge back.
When the parcel arrives try and open it in front of the courier so you have a witness if it's got a brick in it.
Got a message from Shpock telling me to cease any transaction with the seller, seems they have had suspended his account permanently,
Hopefully PayPal will refund me.
Thanks for your help everyone it is really appreciated
quote "Probably. I always use cash on sites like Shpock"
Surely thats the riskiest way of doing business if you're a buyer. theres no paper trail ?
I've never used Shpock but have used ebay / Paypal and its been about 96% good
Wait and see

Maybe suspecious but if he is a scammer is a child, if not physically he is mentally since if you want to scam you don't use PayPal there's a reason why people use Western Union since it's harder to get money back
Open the dispute with paypal and if they request any further info send them screenshots of the e-mail from shpock, etc and they should deal with it fairly quickly.
GwanGy21/11/2019 12:47

quote "Probably. I always use cash on sites like Shpock" Surely thats the …quote "Probably. I always use cash on sites like Shpock" Surely thats the riskiest way of doing business if you're a buyer. theres no paper trail ? I've never used Shpock but have used ebay / Paypal and its been about 96% good

Wouldn’t say so , I’ve used local trades for over a decade and never once been scammed . Anything suspicious just ask to see it working . If they refuse or seem apprehensive then just leave ( I’ve only done this once and he thought I was doing it to haggle ) . You also know their address and local if anything was to go pear shape

had so many potential dodgy feelings but end up all good or just pull plug ( hate people who haggle price when they arrive , urgggh )
DinnoRon21/11/2019 12:33

Got a message from Shpock telling me to cease any transaction with the …Got a message from Shpock telling me to cease any transaction with the seller, seems they have had suspended his account permanently,Hopefully PayPal will refund me. Thanks for your help everyone it is really appreciated

Just get in touch with PayPal and as somebody mention screenshot what Shpock said, you'll get your money back. I sold my PS4 Pro on Gumtree last week and had quite a few idiot scammers asking to buy it, saying they'll send me the money plus extra to send it to their cousin lol.
Was it delivered today between 12 - 1pm?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants