Groups

Am I meant to be doing anything else?? Pleeeaseeeeeeee x

As some of you are well aware, I am not very technically minded. I've downloaded a few things in last couple of days using Bittorrent but today I keep getting messages saying 'ERROR: not enough storage (or memory) is available' blah blah blah. Once I've done what I want with the download I always delete it out of my documents and empty my recyle bin. Am I supposed to be doing anything else??
    Please help, as usual rep will be left x x

15 Comments

edit: is it when you try to download the torrent?

have you changed/checked the save path recently?

Original Poster

catinthehat;3090385

edit: is it when you try to download the torrent?

Yes, it tarts for a few mins then it goes red and says 'error'. But the ones that have already been downloading (a few days back) also have changed to red with the same error msg. And tried to copy a disc too but that did the same:?

Original Poster

catinthehat;3090385

edit: is it when you try to download the torrent?have you changed/checked … edit: is it when you try to download the torrent?have you changed/checked the save path recently?

Save path??:?

lol, I'm guessing no

might be worth double checking where you are saving them to.

what torrent client are you using to download them?

dessent.net/btfaq/

and here btfaq.com/ser…tml

Note: Often you will get a red error message when there's a problem connecting to the tracker, but the client will keep on retrying. This is normal. It can result in the download progressing normally and successfully, even with an error message displayed on the screen. Make sure to note the time-stamp on the error, and if it's more than 5 to 10 minutes old, you can ignore it. The newer versions of the experimental client "age away" the error messages after 5 minutes to deal with this situation.

helpful pages here Hannah

Id watch yourself on bitorrent especially if what your downloading isnt legal as police trackers will get you very easily

Have you tried Utorrent ?

Original Poster

catinthehat;3090441

might be worth double checking where you are saving them to.what torrent … might be worth double checking where you are saving them to.what torrent client are you using to download them?

As far as I know, they just go in my downloads in documents:?

Ok, not sure exactly what u mean - btjunkie??

Original Poster

snowtiger;3090478

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/and here … http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/and here http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/35.htmlNote: Often you will get a red error message when there's a problem connecting to the tracker, but the client will keep on retrying. This is normal. It can result in the download progressing normally and successfully, even with an error message displayed on the screen. Make sure to note the time-stamp on the error, and if it's more than 5 to 10 minutes old, you can ignore it. The newer versions of the experimental client "age away" the error messages after 5 minutes to deal with this situation.helpful pages here Hannah

ah, thanks Snowtiger - will take a look:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dandoc2;3090480

Id watch yourself on bitorrent especially if what your downloading isnt … Id watch yourself on bitorrent especially if what your downloading isnt legal as police trackers will get you very easily

mmm. ok thanks:oops:

Original Poster

snowtiger;3090519

Have you tried Utorrent ?

No I haven't, but the thought of setting up stuff again scares me to be honest:roll: I was talked through it step by step b4 lol

hannah19790;3090660

No I haven't, but the thought of setting up stuff again scares me to be … No I haven't, but the thought of setting up stuff again scares me to be honest:roll: I was talked through it step by step b4 lol

Download ]Utorrent you shouldn't even need to set it up just install it, that's the easiest torrent programme to use

Original Poster

RedIron;3090851

Download ]Utorrent you shouldn't even need to set it up just install it, … Download ]Utorrent you shouldn't even need to set it up just install it, that's the easiest torrent programme to use

Hiya hun, thing is I've used bittorrent for ages and not had any probs so don't really want to change if I don't have to. I just wasn't sure if there was anything obvious I was meant to be doing or clearing. By the sounds of it, the answers no though lol

start/programs/accessories/system tools/disk cleanup!!
    then run a defrag

Original Poster

maddogb;3091205

start/programs/accessories/system tools/disk cleanup!!then run a defrag

Thsnkyou, just done and seems better at mo

Thanks for all ur help - rep being left x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions