Am i protected if it doesnt arrive?

55 replies
Found 22nd Sep 2007
Hi,

You know like you can get up to £500 protection from paypal if you buy something off ebay and it doesnt arrive, does that still apply if i buy something off the buy, sell, trade pages on here?

Cheers,

Lee.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
55 Comments

Sorry I dont know the answer to your question but I have sent you a Private message::roll:

Original Poster

Lol nice avatar. :P

Thats why I have PM'ed you,

Asking if you would change yours?????:)

Banned

frollickingfrill

Thats why I have PM'ed you,Asking if you would change yours?????:)

Maybe you should change your username to highlander?

There can be only one!!!!!

Oi where you fellow smoggies from?

massmail666

Wow! thought u were talking to ur self! LOL :giggle:

i might as well be :whistling:

frollickingfrill

i might as well be :whistling:

Me too!

Oi, who stole my avatar?

n1ck09

Oi, I stole your avatar?

LOL!!

BoroFan

Hi,You know like you can get up to £500 protection from paypal if you buy … Hi,You know like you can get up to £500 protection from paypal if you buy something off ebay and it doesnt arrive, does that still apply if i buy something off the buy, sell, trade pages on here?Cheers,Lee.

I think you have confused ebays buyer protection. Not all ebay listings give you up to £500 buyer protection. Check each listing or the level of Paypal buyer protection it offers.

As for buying from here, you don't have any Paypal protection as such. You will be able to file a claim for item not received, but it is nothing to do with ebay or like ebays protection.
If you are not 100% sure about a seller, you must hit the back button.

Banned

massmail666

Wow! thought u were talking to ur self! LOL :giggle:

my god took me a while to figure out what was goin on there

Original Poster

Cheers Dino.

So I would still get my money back if i bought somethin off this site and it didnt arrive then?

Lee.

P.S. Come on boro.

You're confusing the ebay buyer protection and Paypal in general - if you buy something off here I don't believe there is any guarantee if the person empties the Paypal account after they receive the money. I am not sure what protection is actually offered but I don't believe it's something you can rely on.

John

BoroFan

Cheers Dino.So I would still get my money back if i bought somethin off … Cheers Dino.So I would still get my money back if i bought somethin off this site and it didnt arrive then?Lee.P.S. Come on boro.

Flippin eck, NO, there is no guarantee that you would get your money back.
If you don't receive your widget you can put in a dispute through Paypal, whether you get anything depends on the seller. If they have left money in their paypal account and if they comply with Paypal.

You may have a bit of extra protection if you funded the Paypal payment with a Credit Card, but that would depend on the amount and your Credit Card Provider.

Original Poster

Nah I paid with my paypal balance.

The lad seems genuine enough mind.

Ill keep you posted how it turns out.

BoroFan

Nah I paid with my paypal balance.The lad seems genuine enough mind.Ill … Nah I paid with my paypal balance.The lad seems genuine enough mind.Ill keep you posted how it turns out.

How much?

Original Poster

£42 for a mobile phone.

I bought a ps2 slimline of ebay about a year ago paid £92 for it delivered - guy ran away with my money - so i filed the dispute thingy and paypal only gave me back £63 -- so no they dont give you all your money back and your not fully protected

Alos there was this other time sum guy was selling a ps2 slim and fifa for £50 but i didnt pay as i wasnt sure but the guy got deleted on ebay so i was lucky there

And recently with teh whole bioshock thingy would of lost money if i had paid

Seems im not too smart when it comes to money but im very choosey with the ppl i deal with on ebay must have at least 40 feedback

Original Poster

I paid £25 for bioshock off ebay and got ripped.

Flippin eck, what is the matter with you two.:x :x
Dandoc1, the Buyer Protection has changed, read up on it then sprout your rubbish.

borofan, explain, don't just come out with carp like that.:x :x

BoroFan

I paid £25 for bioshock off ebay and got ripped.

dandoc2

I bought a ps2 slimline of ebay about a year ago paid £92 for it … I bought a ps2 slimline of ebay about a year ago paid £92 for it delivered - guy ran away with my money - so i filed the dispute thingy and paypal only gave me back £63 -- so no they dont give you all your money back and your not fully protectedAlos there was this other time sum guy was selling a ps2 slim and fifa for £50 but i didnt pay as i wasnt sure but the guy got deleted on ebay so i was lucky there And recently with teh whole bioshock thingy would of lost money if i had paid Seems im not too smart when it comes to money but im very choosey with the ppl i deal with on ebay must have at least 40 feedback

Here:-

[COLOR=#666666][COLOR=red]]08 May, 2007 | 02:59PM BST[/COLOR][/COLOR]
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif
We wanted to let you know about improvements we’re making to buyer protection on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie.
From June 2007, PayPal will provide £150/€200 of coverage with no processing fee, no minimum purchase price and no seller requirements for all UK / IE buyers who pay with PayPal. This coverage protects buyers for purchases made of certain items which are either not received or for those that are significantly not as described.
Additionally, buyers who use PayPal to purchase items from eligible sellers may be entitled to up to £500/€1000 protection.
Buyers can look in the Meet the Seller, Buy Safely section on item listings to see how each specific listing is covered.
The protection offered by PayPal is an expansion of PayPal Buyer Protection and replaces the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Programme which previously covered most eBay listings for up to £120/€200 minus a £15/€25 processing fee. We’ve responded to community feedback that eBay Standard Purchase Protection wasn’t meeting the community’s needs, so we’ve decided to retire it and just offer simplified purchase protection through PayPal – making coverage on eBay much simpler and more comprehensive.
Find out more about why protection is important and details of our policies along with other useful information about buying with confidence in our ][COLOR=#0000ff]Safety Centre[/COLOR].
Regards,
The eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie Teams

Original Poster

I paid by bank transfer, my error, wont happen again. Learnt from that, normally use paypal but it was a bargain and the guys feedback was 100% and 64 ratings.

I know all about the protection paypal gives on ebay thats why i never mentioned it!

I dont know whether i am protected on here thru paypal so thats why i asked!

Your lass make you sleep on the couch last night dinosteveus?

Very grumpy.

dinosteveus

Flippin eck, what is the matter with you two.:x :x Dandoc1, the Buyer … Flippin eck, what is the matter with you two.:x :x Dandoc1, the Buyer Protection has changed, read up on it then sprout your rubbish.borofan, explain, don't just come out with carp like that.:x :x

Sprout what rubbish ?

Dinostevus always seems to snap when you ask for help or any question

dandoc2

Sprout what rubbish ?Dinostevus always seems to snap when you ask for … Sprout what rubbish ?Dinostevus always seems to snap when you ask for help or any question

How about..
dandoc2

im very choosey with the ppl i deal with on ebay

You were only begging for help on here a few days back...how choosy are you??!

Maybe Dino's tired of repeating over & over again about people checking out sellers & is frustrated that he hasn't got the sigs under his posts that used to help a lot of people...well those that could be bothered to read up on these things??!?!

BoroFan

I paid by bank transfer, my error, wont happen again. Learnt from that, … I paid by bank transfer, my error, wont happen again. Learnt from that, normally use paypal but it was a bargain and the guys feedback was 100% and 64 ratings.I know all about the protection paypal gives on ebay thats why i never mentioned it!I dont know whether i am protected on here thru paypal so thats why i asked!Your lass make you sleep on the couch last night dinosteveus?Very grumpy.

No, not grumpy, I just hate it when people lose money on ebay.:x There is no reason why you should lose a penny.
As for Paypal protection on here, I've already said you ain't really got any. I suppose you could start a dispute as soon as you have paid, that would tie their account up.

And dino NEVER sleeps on the sofa, him and his lass are like teenage rabbits :-\

Original Poster

Im not doubting the person that sold to me on here yet anyway, I wont open a dispute cause he isnt even sending it till tomorrow, I will wait and see.

I have been ripped twice on ebay, once was bioshock, the other was about 4 years ago when paypal wasnt used. I paid, he became no longer registered.

Lost about £50 so far to scammers.

Won the bonus ball at work this week so if the guy on here doesnt send it ill break even so no real loss.

Lee.

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

Maybe Dino's tired of repeating over & over again about people checking … Maybe Dino's tired of repeating over & over again about people checking out sellers & is frustrated that he hasn't got the sigs under his posts that used to help a lot of people...well those that could be bothered to read up on these things??!?!

I wish the moderators would have my help thread as a sig.
You are spot on though C32:thumbsup:

Lulu'sMammy

And dino NEVER sleeps on the sofa, him and his lass are like teenage … And dino NEVER sleeps on the sofa, him and his lass are like teenage rabbits :-\

How do you know. ;-) :giggle:

dinosteveus

How do you know. ;-) :giggle:

Had my binoculars out!

Banned

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO

How about..You were only begging for help on here a few days back...how … How about..You were only begging for help on here a few days back...how choosy are you??!

If you read his comments, you will see he was referring to something that happened a year ago - and 2 examples since that he didnt lose money on.

No one has a crystal ball. Yes check feedback, its a good indication as long as you check the items bought and sold. But even bonafide traders might suddenly do a flit.

(different scenario - but same bill - I had my whole house re-double glazed about 9 months ago. The guy was local and had done the windows for several neighbours. One of his selling points - Ive traded here for 18 years - just knock on my door if any problems. 3 months ago, I did. He's moved. Tried to trace and found something online linking him to a financial building in Sutton. When I rang, I was told he'd been speaking about fileing for bankruptcy - but never happened because the tax man started sniffing and he's done a runner.)

Maybe Dino's tired of repeating over & over again about people checking … Maybe Dino's tired of repeating over & over again about people checking out sellers & is frustrated that he hasn't got the sigs under his posts that used to help a lot of people...well those that could be bothered to read up on these things??!?![/B]

If he's repeating it to the same people and they are ignoring (as was the case recently I noted), then fair enough. There is no sig, so not relevant and reading through 100'000s of post is asking a bit much! Besides, do you think its uncommon for people to ask questions already asked in the same thread?

BoroFan

Im not doubting the person that sold to me on here yet anyway, I wont … Im not doubting the person that sold to me on here yet anyway, I wont open a dispute cause he isnt even sending it till tomorrow, I will wait and see.I have been ripped twice on ebay, once was bioshock, the other was about 4 years ago when paypal wasnt used. I paid, he became no longer registered.Lost about £50 so far to scammers.Won the bonus ball at work this week so if the guy on here doesnt send it ill break even so no real loss.Lee.

I was scammed by a Yank seller, about five years ago. I won't close the dispute in Paypal. Never again will I lose even a penny.

What's this bioshock thing, is it a game?

edit,
Hang on, this bioshock thing riings a bell, I'll have a look through my files.

Banned

dinosteveus

I was scammed by a Yank seller, about five years ago. I won't close the … I was scammed by a Yank seller, about five years ago. I won't close the dispute in Paypal. Never again will I lose even a penny.What's this bioshock thing, is it a game?edit,Hang on, this bioshock thing riings a bell, I'll have a look through my files.

Indeed - you beat me to it. It was a dodgy seller that managed to get feedback for collection about 2 minutes after purchase! And all his feedback was for dodgy 1p feedback sellers.

Lulu'sMammy

Had my binoculars out!

Flippin eck, they must be very powerful.:roll: Do they make me look big. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

guv

If you read his comments, you will see he was referring to something that … If you read his comments, you will see he was referring to something that happened a year ago - and 2 examples since that he didnt lose money on.

So Dandoc didn't BUY the item the other day & THEN ask if he should pay??!?

You yourself just pointed out...

If he's repeating it to the same people and they are ignoring (as was the … If he's repeating it to the same people and they are ignoring (as was the case recently I noted), then fair enough.

So you've seen it happen & people are still surprised that others get short tempered..

There is no sig, so not relevant and reading through 100'000s of post is … There is no sig, so not relevant and reading through 100'000s of post is asking a bit much!

It's relevant because the info is there in his CP but people are unaware of this & as for reading through 100,000...I'm just guessing here, but how many of the people that post queries even do a search first because my guess would be very few??!?

Besides, do you think its uncommon for people to ask questions already … Besides, do you think its uncommon for people to ask questions already asked in the same thread?

No, it's not uncommon but that doesn't make it right...it's laziness....

guv

Indeed - you beat me to it. It was a dodgy seller that managed to get … Indeed - you beat me to it. It was a dodgy seller that managed to get feedback for collection about 2 minutes after purchase! And all his feedback was for dodgy 1p feedback sellers.

I remember. :x

Banned

dinosteveus

Flippin eck, they must be very powerful.:roll: Do they make me look … Flippin eck, they must be very powerful.:roll: Do they make me look big. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I thought he said binoculars not microscope! :giggle:

dinosteveus

Flippin eck, they must be very powerful.:roll: Do they make me … Flippin eck, they must be very powerful.:roll: Do they make me look big. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I could see a beer belly...hope it was yours and not the wifes lol

guv

I thought he said binoculars not microscope! :giggle:

HE what a effin cheek...you seen many HE'S with a use of tampons!

Lulu'sMammy

I could see a beer belly...hope it was yours and not the wifes lol

Not mine, I don't drink. In fact, neither does the O/H. We are too old for babies.:p
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380
    2. Show us your Photos 2017. October's Theme - 'Anything'32486
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247615
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604803

See more discussions