Am i protected when buying in amazon marketplace

Someone else on here said that you are but would just like to confirm

20 Comments

Yes. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks im buying an ipod 80gb and dont want to be shafted even though its only £150

Actually, double checking it now says no.

Used to be but they now state they can't intervene, but if you pay by CC you'll be fine anyway.

I always thought no, How can Amazon assure the seller is kosher?, Similar to ebay etc?

Original Poster

oh no shal i cancel then

ryancs

oh no shal i cancel then

Whats the sellers rating like and are you using a Credit card?

Original Poster

ive canceled anyway ill use my credit card in stead the seller is called
sumniqueltd
heres a link
amazon.co.uk/gp/…KXX

ryancs

ive canceled anyway ill use my credit card in stead the seller is … ive canceled anyway ill use my credit card in stead the seller is calledsumniqueltdheres a link http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html/202-0237600-2150203?ie=UTF8&seller=A24353FGHJSKXX

They don't look to bad, Although i'm slightly wary of just how cheap the prices are.

Original Poster

yep me too they do look to good to be true. What do you think though worth a punt???

I'd say so. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

damn i cant find my card grrr looks like im gonna miss yet another bargain

ryancs

yep me too they do look to good to be true. What do you think though … yep me too they do look to good to be true. What do you think though worth a punt???

Errm, If it was my £150, I'd rather spend an extra £20 and get it from a reputable company, But thats just me down to a tee! :giggle:

But they do have good feedback, Its just the prices do seem far to cheap for everything...............

Original Poster

well its too late now there all gone btw where is this reputable company that sells it for £170

ryancs

well its too late now there all gone btw where is this reputable company … well its too late now there all gone btw where is this reputable company that sells it for £170

Well the next cheapest price I can actually find is £199.....

I'd either wait for it to come back in stock and take a risk, But it just seems far to cheap to me (Same as the Sony Bravia 32" Tv's for £300, About £100 cheaper than anywhere else! :? )

Original Poster

well i was just looking through amazons site and it seems you are protected but what other precautions could i take

I would avoid this seller, they are listing stuff at well below cost, remember the old saying, " If it looks too good to be true, it probably is ";-)

I wouldn't be surprised if its a hacked account, Prices do seem unbelievably cheap!

Iom-RF

I wouldn't be surprised if its a hacked account, Prices do seem … I wouldn't be surprised if its a hacked account, Prices do seem unbelievably cheap!

That thought had crossed my mind as well, many items are listed at exact round figures, highly unusual.

Original Poster

Thanks people looks like you've just saved me 150 squid now thats a hot deal:giggle:

I have almost ordered items from Amazon in the past, no real indication that it was marketplace, until I saw the postage...HUGE.

It has happened a few times. I wish Amazon would make it much clearer when you are going to marketplace
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24103
    3. Sad news about Barcelona24102
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111

See more discussions